First ball you bought / used

axilem

Interesting as im fairly new, i want to see what others used / what was recommended for them.

Im using a Brunswick Power Groove reactive and a Brunswick Black Rhino (old but awesome).

Infact i love the rhino haha.

First ball I ever bought (or more to the point, my family bought me) was a Columbia Lite Dot, a light blue plastic ball. Was a ten or eleven pounder and I was given that when I was about 12 or something.
Conventional grip too. Highest I averaged in a season with that was about 186 or 187 on the old timber lanes over 20 years ago.
Sturdy little ball that one. Before then I just used to use house balls and the clown slippers.

Green Pirhana. Awesome ball - everybody had one back in the early-mid 90's.

Then went to a Primal Rage in 1996, which I still use. Average 212 with it at Salisbury.

A 10lb brown columbia spiral dot, last seen(by me) spending its days on the Mt Gambier house ball rack.

AMF Bobcat Urethane (navy blue), Brunswick Teal Rhino (great ball), Ebonite Nitro/R (green) and Ebonite Crush/R. All good balls but the Teal was a real stand out ball whether it was sanded or polished.

First ball I bought was a blue pearl White Dot for $5 from a Lions garage sale. First "proper" ball was an Xcel Particle courtesy of Ratty133 and the secondhand section here. Even won money with it. Sadly though I had it redrilled to suit my hand and it went from hero to zero overnight. Had it redone twice since then but it was never as good as when I first got it. Still keep an eye out to see what else he sells.

Very first ball was a Brunswick Mixer II the Purple Grape, then I got back into it with an Ebonite Tornado, of course there were several years in between.

1975 at Southern Cross Bowl Len Bailey of AMF was moving to Asia, I bought his 12 lbs ball for $10, shoes for $2 and single bag for $2.

First new ball was 15lbs Manhattan Rubber from Tony Favell at Golden Bowl Camberwell.

Hey Baz, you have given away our secret - WHEN the Manhattens were around !!!

Flower

The first ball I ever owned was given to me, same as you Tiger, a Columbia lite dot 10lb purple sparkly thing, i've still got it stashed in a cupboard at home somewhere.
First ball I ever bought was a 12lb Columbia blue knight at the old Mornington bowl.

me too! got it from trash and treasure for five bucks!! used it for years.

same - loved the ball till i out grew the drilling then got an impact KE-21 didnt like that but for some reason i still have it hidden away here

Back
Top Bottom