Final VSS Event of the Year

Sorry for not being online, thank you to Jane for starting the thread.
Will start a new thread soon with details for the 2014 series, but to let bowlers know now, there will be only 3 events next year. Event 1 will be Sunday 6th April (venue to be announced), Event 2 will be Sunday 6th July at Oz Tenpin Geelong, Event 3 will be Sunday 30th November* (To Be Confirmed) at Oz Tenpin Epping.

Final Event
Oz Tenpin Epping
Sunday 1st December
Check-In 9:45am
Start 10am
Pattern: WTBA Athens (40ft)
Cost: $100 members - $120 non members

Format:
Bowlers to bowl 9 games (3 x 3)
Cut top 6
Step Ladder Final (match 1 - 3 are single game, match 4 is 2 games)
Match 1 - 6th vs 5th vs 4th
Match 2 - Winner match 1 vs 3rd
Match 3 - Winner match 2 vs 2nd
Match 4 - Winner match 3 vs 1st

Update List as at Friday 8th November

1. Ralph Harford
2. Jane Finch
3. Mike Kennedy
4. Jason Strawbridge
5. Adam Hayes
6. Jayden Kalman
7. Darren Bianchi
8. Adam Baker
9. Andrew Thorpe
10. Vi Huynh
11. Gavin Cox
12. Steve Toth
13. Warren Stewart
14. Russell Stokely
15. Jayson Bundy
16. Jenny Notman
17. Jason May
18. Ben Horrocks
19. Russell Hinton
20. Warren Hinchliffe
21. Rikki Pool
22. Leigh Simpson
23. Paul White
24. John Constantini

Thanks Guys and Gals

The reason behind the three events is as follows:-

We are hoping that by running less events we can have a lot more entries for each one. With only 20-30 bowlers at most of our events the last couple of years it has become a bit disappointing turnout wise.

Luke has liaised with ATBSOV and the other Vic committees so we have locked in dates for next year which do not clash with other tournaments.

With having all the dates locked in so early we hope to be able to really promote them well so we can have fully booked squads for each event and make each event enjoyable and competitive for all the bowlers that participate.

Hope that makes sense - ideally we would love to have more and have each one as a massive event but in reality that just won't happen.

Cheers :p

Yeah the past few years the sports series events have always clashed with some tournaments. Good to see no clashes next year though!
Are we able to maybe get one out the South East Suburbs way considering a lot of bowlers do come for this area?

Don't want to stir things up but has anybody wondered if the drop off in numbers has been a result of the 8 pins to the ladies?. just wondering

Well you are not going to stir anything up Carl about the 8 pins because it just isn't a factor. We have had the 8 pins for a long time, and the percentage of females bowling each tournament is very small. There has never been a result where every female bowling made it to the matchplay or anything like that because they had 8 pins. They make it because they bowl well on the day, the same reason any male makes it to matchplay.

I would say that the main reason we have seen a drop off is because in Victoria and nationally we have such a busy bowling calendar and there have been clashes. Also it's not realistic for people to be able to afford to bowl every single tournament that comes along.

Well you are not going to stir anything up Carl about the 8 pins because it just isn't a factor. We have had the 8 pins for a long time, and the percentage of females bowling each tournament is very small. There has never been a result where every female bowling made it to the matchplay or anything like that because they had 8 pins. They make it because they bowl well on the day, the same reason any male makes it to matchplay.

I would say that the main reason we have seen a drop off is because in Victoria and nationally we have such a busy bowling calendar and there have been clashes. Also it's not realistic for people to be able to afford to bowl every single tournament that comes along.
Agree it has absolutely nothing to do with eight pins.
I myself couldnt bowl a lot of them due to clashes of tournaments.

Updated list as at Thursday 14th November AM.

1. Ralph Harford
2. Jane Finch
3. Mike Kennedy
4. Jason Strawbridge
5. Adam Hayes
6. Jayden Kalman
7. Darren Bianchi
8. Adam Baker
9. Andrew Thorpe
10. Vi Huynh
11. Gavin Cox
12. Steve Toth
13. Warren Stewart
14. Russell Stokely
15. Jayson Bundy
16. Jenny Notman
17. Jason May
18. Ben Horrocks
19. Russell Hinton
20. Warren Hinchliffe
21. Leigh Simpson
22. Paul White
23. John Constantini
24. Bec Warren
25. Amanda De Lange
26. Paul Trotter
27. Marcello Lonigro
28. Tony Aarons
29. Richard Tran

Anybody that I spoke to at Dunn Shield last weekend and have forgotten to add as well please let me know so we can keep the list up to date.

Thanks, Jane.

PS: I'll try and make the next one in alphabetical order..

Will put an Alphabetical list up tonight, have a couple more to add.

Jane has covered the reasoning behind next year pretty well, Thank you! The last few years we've seen a good interest in the first couple of events for the year, tapering down to a handful at the final events. This is due to costs, tournament clashes, number of events in the year and a couple of other factors. With that in mind, the plan for next year at least is to spread them in time and location. These events WILL BE TBA accredited and we are working with TBAVictoria. More details on that to follow.

Obviously, with less events there will be a change to costs & prize fund (the guaranteed $500 will likely go) but we will still be paying 1:3. Total prize pool will obviously vary on numbers.

The first event was going to be at Mentone, but with it's closure I am currently looking at a different venue. Currently it looks like it may be Chirnside Park. Once I have firm details I will be sure to let you all know. The dates are confirmed.

1 Tony Aarons
2 Adam Baker
3 Darren Bianchi
4 Jayson Bundy
5 John Constantini
6 Gavin Cox
7 Jane Finch
8 Ralph Harford
9 Adam Hayes
10 Warren hinchliffe
11 Russell Hinton
12 Ben Horrocks