Final Results- Tas Rachuig

Ok Guys/Girls...here are the final results, with some shock changes to the team!

1 Garry Crick...........5839....208.54
2 Mark Foster...........5561....198.61
3 Matt Riley............5529....197.46
4 Paul Lucock...........5470....195.36
5 Aaron Franklin........5424....193.71
6 Hayden George.........5377....192.04
7 Adam Lucock...........5371....191.82
--------------------------------------
8 Ash Riley.............5370....191.79
9 Scott Summers.........5266....188.07
10 Matt Dickson.........5205....185.89
11 Andrew Phillips......5186....185.21

As you can see it all coming down to the last game, With hayden George shooting a nice 275, he was 67 out of the team with only one game to go...and he pulled out a beauty!!....With dj poontastic...unable to find a shot all day...shot a very impressive 148 last game. ...Now with that Ash needed to shoot..203 to make it, comming down to the tenth frame.....he needed a double, and unfortunatley..went high and lefta a 3-6-10...to miss bye 1 pin.....so ill leave it there, as i am sure others would like to post on this topic..
icon_biggrin.gif

Congratulations to the Ladies and Men who will Represent Tasmania at Sydney 2002

Mark Foster

GOOD ON YA DJ!
your a very lucky bugger u know that!
congrats to ya's all i might pop in and watch ya's bowl when u guys r in sydney

take care luv shell

ok i will go on record as saying i am the luckiest bowler alive at the moment.....

i was lost more than burke and wills out there....

has to be the most important 148 game i have ever shot....

i think on the way up to launceston next time i'll stop off at campbell town to buy myself a clue.

peace out

Poon Luck

DJ Luko

Congrats Aaron franklin good to see you made the team see you in sydney
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Go Bboy you good thing!

Matty R, see the ego stroking you were after helped and you got the 14 pins you were looking for and then some hehe. See you boys next time you're on the mainland!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif

Drew

well i got to say that after a not so great performance in hobart i wasnt looking good for the team this year, but thanks to 80 units of oil in the middle on the first day heheheeh NOT, i was able to come back make it just.

Go ME
www.stormbowling.com

After the completion of roll offs yesterday, captains were also announced for the teams.

Congratulations to Garry Crick and Rebecca Salter.

Well done to all the men that make up the team this year as well.
icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats to all that made the teams. That final game was certainly one of the most exciting I have seen, with Gus, Ash and DJ "One Pin" going down the stretch, all the way to the last frame.

Special note must go to Marky Mark, with a great last day, averaging 232 with a 130 something game.

Good luck everyone in Sydney, you will do us proud.

Congratulations to the guys that bowled thier way into the team yesterday.

It was one of those nerve wracking experiences for all concerned.
Well done to Hayden on the 270+ game to finish, you deserve your spot.
The other highlight of the day was Marky poo averaging over 230 with a 130 game, great effort man.

As a coach i am excited about the prospects of this years team.
Sure we do not have a bowler who has been the backbone of this team for the past 10 years and i am sure Ash will be sorely missed, but we need to be positive about our chances.
The men have 2 lefties, 3 crankers and 1 tweener and one stroker.
A good experienced combination for a variety of conditions.
I am particularly excited about this years womens team.
I have been involved with Rachuig for 15 years and this is the first time we have had 7 tournament bowlers in the team.
All 7 girls travel to mainland events at least once a year.
They are young with only one not eligible for youth, but also experienced for thier age.

Congrats to Beck and Garry for being appointed Captains, it is well deserved.

Once again well done team, lets show the bigger states some Tassie pride and take it right up to them in October.

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Poor Ol Dj luko......is a tweener.....lol, oh yeh Brett apoligise to Deb for me, as i forgot to mention her, for representing Tas for 1st time, along with Jess Evringham(NSW 2000) ,Sara Hyland (Jnr).......with hopefully more to come.....Look Forward to the trip, with the xperience of Brett Riley as coach, we will defianlty give NSW a run for there money. And to Ash mate ur a champion mate, and u will be badly missed with ur xperience, charm, good looks etc....hehe, nah mate ull be back dude......and we look forward to it.

Mark Foster
icon_smile.gif

yes well done jess
icon_smile.gif
hope ur shoulder gets better
icon_smile.gif

ok ithought i was a tweener or whetever that is lol

im certainly no cranker??!! lol

well if i remember my fingers yeah maybe lol

what do u guys think?

Poon by 1 Pin

Luko

Adam my friend, I think Brett was referring to you and Mark was simply playing... lol...

Yes congrats to Jess, she did well to get through the amount of games she did with her ongoing shoulder and elbow problems. We all have our fingers crossed for you dude
icon_biggrin.gif

congrats to those picked for captains, i dont think i could have picked any one better and more exped that those two, both have payed their dues in the game and will lead strong teams and do us proud. congrats all. bad luck again ash though i am sure your sick of hearing it
peace

hey every1 ....

altho disappointed at my own performance, i want to congratulate the seven guys that made the team in what i would have to say would be the toughest and closest rolloffs for at least 5 or 6 years.

special mentions .. ..

bboy: great last day man, pretty good comeback considering your 'mental position' about half way through day 3!
gusman: awesome last game ...
djpoon: u lucky prick!!! lol
aaron: well done on your first team!!
wiseman: what can i say, the old man is back!!!! nothing like straight, accurate and consistent on a tough condition. well bowled.
ash: don't worry bud ... me & u will go and see some lovely young ladies in qld or something instead of going away to bowl for once!!! lol

good luck in sydney guys .... and GALS .... as Brett stated this is by far our best womens team for quite a while!!!

Peace out!

Congratulations to everybody who made the Team and bad luck to those who missed out, better luck next year....The Wayne's Car Sales Trade in for the week Award goes to DJ Luko making the 7 by ONE PIN.....nice trade in there for the pin I stole off you on Wednesday night for high Series in Sponsors League 732-731.
I hope you'se all kick ass over in Sydney at Rachuig - Good Luck everybody

hello ash here, never written on the site b4 but felt compelled to from all the wishes i've had this week. i would like to thank the many people i've recieved a message or phone call from this week, it means a lot. to the people who have stood by me over the last 4 monts, my family and best friends, scott, mark, hayden etc. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. to all others, you know who you are, a sincere thankyou. i will be back bigger and better. i still have dreams and i will achieve them, with or without my princess, my heartfelt thanks to all the people who have supported me the last 4 months, probably the most difficult time of my life. THANKYOU.

Back
Top Bottom