Results Doubles Skins II

GUS

After bowling on a fairly demanding condition in our first skins, we decided we might wall the 2nd one up a little seeing that we are going to Bankstown.

Overall Averages (10 Games)

Mark Foster------------233.70
Adam Lucock------------224.50
Andrew Phillips--------221.20
Garry Crick------------215.00
Debbie Bowtell(F)------214.70
Matt Crammond----------214.60
Ashley Riley-----------214.00
Scott Summers----------212.60
Brett Riley------------208.30
Aaron Franklin---------205.30
Dave Cavanagh(J)-------205.00
Hayden George----------203.30
Elliott Renshaw(J)-----201.10
Rebecca Salter(F)------200.30
Kassey Fechner(F)------197.40
Steve Porter-----------195.70
Jayson Griggs(J)-------191.50
Dan Bunting(J)---------191.40
Eddie Ratcliffe--------187.70
Darrel George----------185.60
Troy Daines------------183.40
Emma Tubb(J)-----------183.20
Jackie Crick(F)--------176.50
Chris Benwell(J)-------162.00

Skins

Game 1
$100
Brett Riley/Debbie Bowtell-----226/228-454

Game 2
JACKPOTTED

Game 3
JACKPOTTED

Game 4
$300
Mark Foster/Garry Crick-----237/268-505

Game 5
$100
Scott Summers/Ash Riley-----246/256-502

Game 6
JACKPOTTED

Game 7
JACKPOTTED

Game 8
JACKPOTTED

Game 9
$400
Adam Lucock/Andrew Phillips-----236/225-461

Game 10
$100
Brett Riley/Debbie Bowtell----247/277-524

POTS

Game 1
JACKPOTTED

Game 2
$96
Garry Crick----264

Game 3
JACKPOTTED

Game 4
JACKPOTTED

Game 5
JACKPOTTED

Game 6
$202
Andrew Phillips----234

Game 7
$49
Adam Lucock----258

Game 8
JACKPOTTED

Game 9
JACKPOTTED

Game 10
$153
Debbie Bowtell----277

High Game Award
($50 Voucher Courtesy of BRUVSPROSHOP)

Debbie Bowtell----277

High Game Award Female/Junior
($25 Voucher Courtesy Of SALOON BAR LTON)

Debbie Bowtell----277

2nd High Game Award (FEMALE)
(Studded Ribbed Condom Courtesy of Adam Luko)

Kassey Fechner----243

Total Winnings

Andrew Phillips----$402
Debbie Bowtell-----$328 including $75 Vouch
Adam Lucock--------$249
Garry Crick--------$246
Mark Foster--------$150
Brett Riley--------$100
Ashley Riley-------$50
Scott Summers------$50
TOTAL PAYOUT------$1575

Well there were some nice averages there maybe i shoulda come for that hahaha
i dunno if bankstown will be blocked that much dont get ur hopes up

I'm sorry Gus, where you in Bankstown???

I'm sure that you were only kidding about the conditions in Bankstown. The boys and girls did so well you wouldn't want to be seen as putting their efforts down.

icon_smile.gif

id just like to congratulate mark and myself for making the skins all star team.....

Mark "freddie roberts" Foster 1st- 233 ave
Adam "dj loco" Lucock 2nd- 224 ave

once again well done guys and keep up the good work
icon_wink.gif

peace out

Loco

OK,OK settle down guys.

Firstly i don't need to defend Hayden he can look after himself.

But i will say this.
His reference to the high scoring at Bankstown was to do with the Rachuig team travelling there in October, so a tournament on a high scoring condition would be a good idea.
I am pretty sure he was not intending in any way to belittle the boys results from Bankstown.
Why would he, he is the personal coach of two of the boys.

Nat, looking at Dave's average from the weekend, 205 and his average from Shield 203 and a bit. That tells me the condition from the skins was similar to the conditions at Shield.

As i have said in previous posts the adult bowlers, particularly the Rachuig team are extremely proud and happy for the Shield team. I hope we can emulate your results at Rachuig.

Brett Kenley Said:-

I'm sorry Gus, where you in Bankstown???
I'm sure that you were only kidding about the conditions in Bankstown. The boys and girls did so well you wouldn't want to be seen as putting their efforts down.

Answer to first Question:
YOU ARE CORRECT, No I wasn't at Bankstown.

Answer to 2nd statement:
The Conditions at Bankstown seemed to be relatively easy based on 2days conditioning standards, BUT, in comparision to the condition that I put down at the Weekend, BANKSTOWN WASN'T AS EASY. As said to me by Garry. He said that Bankstown wasn't quite as OPEN as I had Made it. BUT, The lane condition at Bankstown HAS NOT Changed in 4 Years and every Bowler in the TOP 10 In Australia will say it is a DITCH, and it mainly favours The Leftys or Swingers. Just look at last years NSW Open for example, and maybe even this years, this weekend. Not my words, check other posts from other ppl regarding exactly this. BUT, as you will well know, I am strong believer of BOWL ON THE CONDITION U ARE SERVED UP WITH BECAUSE IT IS THE SAME FOR EVERYONE. This is what I have always felt and it will never change.

Answer to 3rd statement:
I WOULD NEVER, EVER PUT THE EFFORTS OF ANYONE DOWN, ESPECIALLY THE JUNIORS, UNLESS I WAS JOKING WITH THEM! They look up to ppl like you and me and don't deserve that at ANY time. The ppl that I do have a joke with KNOW that I am Joking! I am EQUALLY as proud as you are with what was acheived by this years team. IT WAS SENSATIONAL! As Brett R said, I coach 2 Boys(Dave and Dan) and 1 Girl(Emma)in the team and have also been on the coaching staff on 2 occassions. I also have been involved with Nathan and Sara over the years, and just ask any of them that at any time had I belittled their bowling Achievements. I guarantee you, I know what the answer will be. Dave and Emma didn't finish in the Top 12 on averages by chance, and because I am negative all the time. I keep all 3 of them as positive and focussed as I possibly can and I know what is the best thing for their game as a whole. And, they know that!

I honestly thought you of all ppl would have known me a bit better than that, and I take offence (in a little way), that you (or anybody else for a matter of fact) would think that about me. So if anybody else has anything to say about me PLEASE SAY IT! I am quite happy to reply and tell you WHAT I THINK!

Question...

Where is it written that shows Gus having a shot at the juniors???

I've read this thread about 10 times, and I'm f#%ked if I can find where there is ANY mention of the juniors in Gus' original post, only Bankstown itself.

I'm not going to get in a pissing match, but to seems to me like there is a slight case of T.P.S. going around. It was a fantastic effort that the boys won the sheild, and I'm sure Brett had quite a playing in it, but remember.....A teacher is only as good as his students.

well here we go, for Rachuig these will be the following conditions:

DAY 1: House condition (set with frawls kegel)

Day 2: oil to 38ft
Day 3: oil to 41ft

Mark Foster

yes the weekends condition was nice and easy and all i can hope for is that bankstowns condition is half as easy as it lol

The quote of the weekend was:

The lanes were more open than a carlton backline!!!

lmao

and to gus what i think of you... hmmmmm i think you're a biach... but i luv ya
icon_biggrin.gif

hehehe

peace out

loco

hey all, seen as this has turned into a bit of a 'hot topic' .... might as well add my opinion.

i KNOW all of this has been a bit of a misunderstanding - as gus does nothing but help juniors and anyone else that asks for help for that matter!

However, in reference to Youngy's comments, I think the boys may be getting a little far ahead of themselves if they simply look at their averages, then believe that given the same or similar condition that SOME adult/rachuig bowlers would not be able to comfortably out average the juniors. now as a plain statement that may seem quite harsh, but to give an example; youngy did a fantastic effort averaging 215 in shield no one can take that away from him, but i think past history shows that given a nice open condition guys such as Ashley, Mark.F, Matty R, Gus etc are more than capable of averaging 230+ on similar conditions - and regularly prove this in major tournys on the mainland, rachuig rolloffs etc. NOTE: so they should given there experience and ability!!!

I guess the point Im trying to make is that Youngy SEEMED to look at the averages and automatically assume that the lanes were easier than in bankstown. Im just trying to illustrate that this is too simplistic ....

I would have to say, that you probably couldnt get much more of a ditch than sunday, BUT having watched plenty of 'multimedia' shots from the juniors at bankstwon I would back matty & mark to average 225+ on that same condition 8 out of 10 times!!!

Just to finish, I think everyone has got off track as can happen on here when ppl are not talking face-to-face;

the facts are;

- EVERYONE is extremely proud and happy of the boys ... they did a great job, and importantly bowled/addapted best to the conditions - what our game is all about!!

- I personally spoke to gus b4 the skins, he had two main reasons for setting an open condition. firstly, the first skins were bowled on extremely demanding conditions and he felt it would be good to offer a more open condition for variety, and secondly knowing bankstown, and seeing ALL averages for presidents shield and past tournaments held there recently, decided that if our rachuig team was to go away and bowl on a ditch, then they might as well at least practise on one, once or twice b4 going away.

- last point/fact, dont assume that if a bolwer averages 220+, dont automatically presume that it was an easier condition than what you yourself averaged 210 on! as everyone would be aware there are many variables .... equipment used, carry, bowlers ability and mental game etc etc.

Anyways, i may draw some criticism for these comments, but they are MY opinion.

Lastly - everyone support the next skins, we will particularly need high participation from juniors if this next format is going to work.

That's all .... finally

icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:
im sorry you must have left the milkman off the list .. he was there wsnt he ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No..Unfortunately Milkman didn't make a showing this time....even he may have averaged more than 149!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

my comments were simply based on what people said about the condition that it was very open and demostrated by Garrys comments that it was more open. I have no doubts that mark and everyone from the rachuig team would out average me on any condition they are better bowlers! Im just simply havin a bita fun!
icon_biggrin.gif

oh yeh and GUS has supported us juniors bowlers alot and i am thankful to him

Hey Graham,

Milkman.....didnt make the 1st page for avg's he shot...like a 131 avg, blaming it on the gay bar.....just come clean cam, we will still all love you, just not the way u r inclined..........lol
icon_biggrin.gif

Mark Foster

milkie was going to bowl, but decided against it due to the fact that he wanted to use his tassie 'enetering' average of 149, and then use this to be given a handicap .... he cited some 'special' rule 69a .... which apparently relates to special handicapped priviledges to bowlers unable to hold there alcohol that are also unable to stay away from gay bars ....... ?????

trust cam!!!! lol

only joshin .... but he loves it!!!

PS: youngy: i didnt mean to imply you were 'big headed' ....... just sick of everyone comparing/whingeing about ditches ........ bowl on whats put in front of you is what i reckon ...... if you work out the conditions best you will no doubt score better than most!!!

in MOST cases, the better bowlers will still be the ones holding the trophy/cash at the end of the day!!!

Well on a bit of a lighter note...

I would like to thank Adam for the donation of the much coveted prize I received on Sunday!

I should have taken the open opportunity to have tapped you a good one when I had it, you left yourself wide open!
icon_biggrin.gif

Hey guys this has all got a bit out of hand.

Gus I'm sorry that I took your comment about Bankstown the wrong way and obviously read more into it but you really hit a nerve.

If you wanted to put down a ditch why couldn't you just put it that way instead of using Bankstown as an example so soon after Shield. I also know that you spend alot of time and effort with the Juniors and I never meant to offend you in any way.

Maybe its just all the ribbing that the kids got and get because they are from Tassie, alot of people would think that the only reason that they did so well was because of the "ditch" condtion. As other people have said the condition was there and they all had to bowl on it and I was there and I saw them bowl on that condition and they did it well. I feel that the team spirit that the kids had this year added to their success and it wouldn't have mattered if the conditions were hard or easy.

I have my views, you have yours and I don't think that any one should be judged on them.

Sorry again, no hard feelings.
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Well said Scooter, GUS, Brett and anyone else that has made some sense during this post.
Just one thing to add to Brett and the boys team, anyone who has indicated that you guys won because of the condition does not know much about bowling.
Does not matter if they were easy or tough conditions.
The boys were the best team during the event. that is that.

Adam, i don't think the lanes were as open as the Carlton back line, don't think that is possible.

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Can we all kiss and make up now??
icon_biggrin.gif

I will say this about the condition at the weekend. It was fun! But it presented a challenge to some people that they may not have come across before. Everybody could hit the hole, even Stevie Wonder could've smashed the pocket all day, but if you didn't have the right piece of equipment in your hand, to create the correct angle of entry, it was corner pin city.

Thanks to Gus, Roxy and everyone else that helped in running this tournament. Let's hope these "friendly" hitouts go on to bigger and better things.

Back
Top Bottom