Other Favourite Brand

Hey guys,
My pick without a doubt is the hammer range. Never had a worry at all and have been using them since the good old Burgundy ( which I posted my first 290+ game) right through to the hard hitting ANGER.
So put a big tick next to HAMMER for me.

have to say hammer ever since i started with them i've never had a problem with longevity and my big block is still the first ball out of the bag even with the newer stuff around

undecided at the moment still choosing. currently i have the power machine (track) anger ( hammer) and the resurgence (columbia) without a doubt tho my anger hits the hardest so that would be my favourite at the moment so i can break down into brand but i can specify a ball RAW HAMMER ANGER ALL THE WAY

Brunswick Baby! I own a few good ones. Scorchin' Inferno, Radical Inferno, Smokin' Inferno, PBA Inferno (which is the same coverstock & core as the Radical Inferno) my plastic is also Brunswick. I do own a VBP Immortal Solid, but nothing compares to Brunswick! :p

I think I've thrown something from most of the manufacturers; Columbia balls have never really thrilled me, I've always found that they seem to be the best choice if you want to leave 10 pins. Hammer and I aren't a good match up- I struggle to get a consistent ball reaction with a lot of their gear, particularly the assymetric stuff. I threw Brunswick gear when I was a kid and loved it- I have a Strike Zone at present that I really like. Track make some interesting balls, the Temper served me well at the 07 nationals.
However, with my ball speed and rev-rate, Storm gear is easily the best fit for me. I feel I can tackle just about anything with it.

Im not a big fan in only bowling with one brand. If u have only used one brand how do your know if its the best brand for you if u havent tryed the other brands. People like pinkycat have tryed diffrent brands and knows brunswicks the brand for her so for the people who have only ever used one brand go and try some diffrent brands and really see which brand is the best for you.

I don't have a favourite "brand". A brand is an artificial construct that means not much at all really. I do have favourite bowling ball reactions though and companies that make gear that gives me those reactions get my attention.

Different ball companies use different materials and core designs that they have a lot of money tied up in the development of. Consequently, they get variations on a theme in their product range and the customer gets an idea of what to expect from that company. It's a bit like the way architects end up making variations of the same house again and again. The architect knows the design and gets customers who have already seen one like it and want another.

Vested interest declaration here - I'm sponsored by Storm and like their gear because it gives me a variety of backend reactions. If I didn't like the gear, the sponsorship would be worthless to me. The Agent line is rolly, like some companies, the Premier and Fire lines are more angular, like others. All the gear seems to respond readily to different layouts giving me the opportunity to really fine tune the reaction when I drill the ball. There's a wide range to keep me competitive in a lot of places so long as I throw it well.

The clincher for me is that Storm balls clear the heads well and stay alive down lane, allowing me to play from way out to way in and still be able to find an angle to strike from places I see a lot of folks leaving the weak 10.

Back
Top Bottom