Entries for Championships

hamster

Just a Bowler
Currently there has been 309 Open Men Singles attempts with another 40+ for Friday. Is this a record? Also the women are 89 ATM and look well on reaching over 100.
Surely this a record?

Also the open Doubles have had 110+ and 30, with more to come.

Hammo

Yeah was looking at that yesterday Hammo...I am guessing the extra prize fund has a few trying to qualify for the masters...Hence more entries...

Now if they can find away to do something similar to the National events/Tour then who knows, maybe bowling participation levels may start to increase everywhere...

Great result for Nationals and more importantly the centre hosting the event...This may also now trigger and influx of Tendering from more centres to host these events...

All in all a great result...

And to think the TBA were ridiculed from pillar to post about running the masters in this format. Its interesting to note that a lot of the protagonists are in Sydney trying to qualify. Congratulations to the TBA for attempting something different. Hopefully the finals will be run in front of a crowd instead of a mere few spectators.

Phil

Yes, agree that these are all positives. Am a bit concerned that this hasn't ( apparently ) been able to be used to generate some reasonable media interest and coverage. It seems to me that overall, that is the whole gamut of categories / grades,etc., has attracted a massive overall entry list, which a lot of much higher profile sports would find it hard to match.
The media won't come to us. We need to go to them. Are we--- Have we?
By the way, you seem to have found a source of information which I havent? I've been more than a little frustrated by the TBA site - at least as far as results go - sometimes they are a full day, or more, behind??

Its great to see so many entries this year. Probably the increased prizefund may have a bit to do with that,however i feel its been a successful nationals.
As for the media be great if they could do a segment on sports tonight on One Hd,about the Masters final and the championships in general.
Im presuming the Tenpin Bowling Show is covering the Masters final??
The best bowlers in Australia are at Rooty hill at the moment,surely they deserve to get a mention in the media??

I was told last night that the final of the Masters was going to be shown live on TV. Not sure which station/channel but I will see what I can find out. If true this would be a great thing!!

The TBQ website will be streaming the event. They have put it on their main page only a few minutes ago.

The press release states "commentry from Steve Mackie".

Yes, all on the main TBA website. Streamed live from 2:30 pm tomorrow.

They are to be congratulated.

Wish that the Tenpin Bowling Show had been the ones doing it though.

OMG!!!!

Clara Guerrero is in Sydney for the Masters..........I am soooooooooo jealous, I am turning all shades of green with envy.

There is some amazing rubbish on the site at the moment, purporting to be progress scores. Round 1, 2, etc., apparently started at 3:00pm.
It appears to be partial results of some previous masters final. In both the Men and Women, there are people bowling who are not at these Masters, etc., etc. it's weird !!

There is some amazing rubbish on the site at the moment, purporting to be progress scores. Round 1, 2, etc., apparently started at 3:00pm.
It appears to be partial results of some previous masters final. In both the Men and Women, there are people bowling who are not at these Masters, etc., etc. it's weird !!

They seem to have sorted it!

Back
Top Bottom