A real National Championship

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Here's my push for a 4 month National Championship in Australia instead of 2 weeks. I know the countries are different but this is a reflection on how a little pre planning can involve an entire country and bring nothing but good news to the sport.

" The American Bowling Congress Championships Tournament has set yet another entry record for ABC Tournaments held outside of the National Bowling Stadium in Reno, Nevada. The ABC Tournament entries department recently the 10,807th team entry for the 100th ABC, which will be conducted in Knoxville, Tennessee, Feb. 8 - June 22, 2003. As the fourth largest overall, Knoxville passes the previous non-Reno record of 10,806 teams set in Billings, Mont., in 2002.

The world's largest grassroots participation sports event will be conducted in the new Knoxville Convention Center and approximately 60,000 bowlers from all 50 states and several foreign countries are expected to compete in team, doubles and singles competition over the 135-day run of the event.

Reno's National Bowling Stadium has attracted the three largest ABC Tournaments in 1995 (17,285), 2001 (16,104) and 1998 (15,702). With about three months remaining before the Jan. 2 entry deadline, ABC officials are hoping the event will reach an aggressive goal of 12,000 teams. "We are pleased with the number of entries we have received to date and hope to reach yet another milestone," said ABC Assistant Executive Director Jack Mordini. "There are still opportunities for bowlers to be part of this historic event, but they need to enter soon."

I can't see why without a little planning it won't work here.

Well one things is for sure. I wouldn't want to be on the tournament committee for that event. Dealing with 10000+ entries would be a nightmare. Not to say, what happens when the 3rd month is almost over and the computer crashes OOPS!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Making sure everything is accounted for would be very time consuming. :roll:

are you saying that prizemoney payments are slow Andrew. Don't think you'll get anyone to disagree with that one.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom