Emerson Shield 2006

i like the way narre do theirs as well at least it gives everyone a chance its just a pity narre hold their trials on a weekend when there is a major tournament!would've loved to have bowled for them?
cheers

Interesting if Narre had added you to the depth there Mac.

I bowled all 18 games, I liked it. I was sore but I dont think it should be restricted.

I'll try and get Hodgey to make a profile so he can answer some stuff. Last from me, off to sunny QLD

I bowled all 18 games, I liked it. I was sore but I dont think it should be restricted.
You were the only male that did bowl all 18 games Adam (Merv bowled 17 for us). It probably cost you all stars by doing the team thing and bowling even when you were struggling for a few games. I reckon Merv would have averaged another 10 pins if i could have rested him more - but with the final result on the line i could not leave him out. He also puts the team before personal glory.

Be good to have Ray be able to answer some of the questions raised earlier.

Have a good holiday

PS - If Mac was to play for Narre and with other defectors from nearby -- who is going to miss out on the Narre team next year??

Gary

If that Shep bowler couldn't make it in their side how is he going to make it into our side? We definately have a better side than Shep. (whoops did I say that out load)

David

Gary
If that Shep bowler couldn't make it in their side how is he going to make it into our side? We definately have a better side than Shep. (whoops did I say that out loud)
David
Very good point David - i had not thought of that -- although i am guessing you may get some debate from those north of where you are......looks like Kev is lost for words

Kevin -- Bendigo finished 5th so you might want to change your profile

PS - If Mac was to play for Narre and with other defectors from nearby -- who is going to miss out on the Narre team next year??

Gee, Toth and Hogg might not get a spot - that would not be on;)

This year Narre had a more competitive team than they have ever had, next year with another strong bowler, they will be a chance!!!

Tired And Emotional.....you.......never and ya right this is just Communication Via an Electronic Medium

Rule 6.7.1

I don't know of a single team that used it - everyone seemed to prefer to use vacancy scores if they were short of numbers.

My point exactly, I think there were about 3 or 4 bowlers who would have loved to have bowled on the weekend, but nobody wanted to upset their team bonding I suppose :rolleyes: .

Yes I was on the draft, cause I missed our side by a bad game and was dissapointed that the draft wasn't used.

Oh well my bad just have to make sure next year.

And well done to Werribee on the double.

My point exactly, I think there were about 3 or 4 bowlers who would have loved to have bowled on the weekend, but nobody wanted to upset their team bonding I suppose :rolleyes: .
Yes I was on the draft, cause I missed our side by a bad game and was dissapointed that the draft wasn't used.
Oh well my bad just have to make sure next year.
And well done to Werribee on the double.

No one will use the draft when they can use a vacancy score and win points. I know Morwell had a vacancy score for the zone final this year and won 3.5 out of 5. Wasnt there a vacancy score at for the Zone final at Melton last year that also caught out a fewe bowlers. In my opinion as I have said before until the vacancy score can not win individual points and only contribute to the overall then nobody will use it

The draft is a good idea in theory, but obviously has not worked in practice.

I would think that even if it could not win points, teams would still use a vacancy before using the draft, so i am not sure that is the answer either.

Back
Top Bottom