Don't believe all you are told!

Ice

I have had my heart set for a couple of months now on getting a particular new ball. I finally have the money and rang what I believe is my nearest Pro shop here in Melbourne which is run by someone with a good reputation from everyone I have ever spoken to.

This person told me he did not think the ball I wanted was being imported into Australia in 13LB and even said he checked this fact while I was on the phone. I was soooo disappointed! But then I got to thinking I was sure I had seen this ball in 13LB on Max Bastion's Bowling Balls Aust website a few months ago when I was researching this ball. So I checked and there it was. A quick call to Max confirmed he can get it for me in 13LB and he is ordering it for me today and I should have it by Wed week. Thank you Max! You are a legend!

To the person who said this particular ball was not imported into Aus in my weight "Shame on you! Shame, Shame, Shame!" Feel free to send your apology to my inbox at your convenience!

P.S You have a reputation as a good ball driller........ but you are not going to get my business.

Not to rain on your parade, but. It can be the case that the ball and weight is not being imported by the officiial distributor of whatever brand of ball you were chasing.

It doesn't mean that somebody else does not have the ball as they may have purchased and imported it from a third party distributor rather than it being purchased and imported direct from the manufacturer.

I don't claim to know the facts of your particular case and maybe the explanation should have been clearer but as I say there can be circumstances where both parties can be correct.

Not sure what that means exactly but I have bought a Storm Virtual Gravity not some obscure brand or unheard of ball.

It means the 2 distributors that bring that brand into the country don't have them in stock I'm sure if you waited one of the distributors could of brought one in for you.
Don't forget you still have to get the balls drilled and that wont be cheap as you have brought from outside of the pro shop. So you will be probably paying more for the ball in the long run.

Well clearly that is not the case as Max has ordered it today (he did not have it in stock) and he expects I will have it here in Melbourne next week. I was not advised I could have it if I waited, I was told I could not have it fullstop.

It may cost me more for drilling, however I am not going to purchase a ball different to the one I want simply to save money on drilling costs.

Lana , I hope this ball is worth all the fuss .

Not to famaliar with the Storm range of balls ...

I bowl a Brunswick Twisted Fury and a Thunder .

Good luck with your bowling

Well, I'm glad your ball is coming. I just had a look at the Storm web site and lo and behold, it does come in 13lb! Although they only have RG/MB/Diff numbers for 14-16, you can find it tucked away in a little line of text regarding available weights. As a pro shop operator (not in Melbourne), I never knew this until now and I was on Storm staff until recently! (Which probably shows just how many requests for 13lb VG's come in.)

Poo and humbug to that silly ball driller who either;
  • actually wasn't omniscient
  • told a fib, (well, if that's the case, then an apology is justified) or
  • made a mistake!
Bad ball driller! No biscuit! :)

Biscuit? Biscuit's are the key?

I'll remember that. What'll it be Mr Doust? Strawberry Tim-Tams? :)

Most of the companies release all their balls in lighter weights, however, quite often they have a completely different weightblock, due to having to make them lighter. You DO NOT get the same dynamics as the heavier balls. 14lb is usually the heaviest you can get with the advertised weightblock. The others have the same tyres, but different engine.

I know that Hammer does (or at least did) make their Raw Hammer line with the same weightblocks all the way through to 11lb (from memory).

For the little old ladies and juniors that want a good ball, I have always pushed them toward the Raw Hammer line for that reason :)

ooops... Brain was too far ahead of my fingers...

I'll put it another way... 14lb is usually the lightest they can go before the weightblocks change.

Happy? :p ;)

I know that Hammer does (or at least did) make their Raw Hammer line with the same weightblocks all the way through to 11lb (from memory).

Yes ..... Hammer do the Raw Hammer Range, Vibe Range, and Razyr in weights from 10lb to 16lb
The higher performance balls are in weights from 12lb to 16lbs
As the Australian Authorised HAMMER distributor we try to carry some of each weight of all current balls for the duration of the ball.

If you are not happy with the proshops' answer on a ball ......contact The Australian Distributor of that ball and they will steer you to one of the Proshops they supply in your area - Not all proshops buy from the Australian Distributors so therefore do not know what is available in Australia at the time
Thanks to Totalbowling there is an area on this forum where you can contact the distributors.

Carol Hill
Animals Distribution
Authorised Hammer Distributor
Mbl : 0403351501
FAx : 07 38880501

Brunswick have been doing a similar thing since the Quantums (should that be Quanta?) were around.

And Dark Chocolate boys... With a stiff short black. None of this sugary, creamy stuff. Ick! :p

And Dark Chocolate boys... With a stiff short black. None of this sugary, creamy stuff. Ick! :p

OMG Jason, that is just begging to be replied to with somethig witty or perhaps even a MJ joke..........but I will let it slide this time. ;)

P.S The main thing is thanks to Max I am getting the ball I wanted and regardless it is going to be a lot better than the ancient gear I am currently using!

Back
Top Bottom