Deflated ball.....

emmtee83

Hi everyone. Most of you would know me by now....just can't create my own profile! I'm Tim Tran.

I have a problem and I need some help figuring out a solution. 3-4 weeks ago, my Storm Trifecta come out of the gutter and launched into the pin table, causing there to be a huge chunk in my ball. Picture having a perfectly round boiled egg, then taking the top off it with a spoon. The finished product is what my ball looked like.

Salisbury Bowland, the centre I was bowling at at the time, took my ball and admitted liability for the ball damage. The ball had to be replaced. I requested a Storm Shift and free drilling for the trouble, a request I believe was quite reasonable, considering the ball itself was very much alive and I had to pay for the original drilling.

Salisbury Bowland were contacted several times in regards to obtaining this replacement ball, only to be told it was on the way and a driller would be available for me once it landed. Now only 13 hours away from Rachuig trials, I still have no primary ball to use.

I am most upset with the way Salisbury Bowland handled this catastrophe, and hope that I can send a strong message with this post.

Has anybody else found themselves in this predicament before? What have you done? I welcome any thoughts.

I am also looking for answers from Salisbury Bowl and management therein. Why isn't this ball here? Why are the lanes in such a shape that balls (not only mine, but others too) continuously get grazed or damaged? I bet if it was Lee or Simmo who had this problem, they wouldn't be waiting this long.

Awaiting your thoughts
Tim Tran

timmy... im not sure as to why the ball is taking so damn long. not working there anymore i cant comment on that. delivery problems maybe. i know for sure that simmo and lee have waited weeks and weeks for balls in the past...

as for the machines, they are very very old.. and the amount of times the individual parts have been broken and replaced over the 50 or so years have left them bent, crooked, slow and tired. i think considering their age they do pretty well... but i agree that in comparison every other centre, the trouble calls and ball damage are way too common at salisbury. why dont they get new ones i hear you ask?? i was told that the cost of a new pinsetter is astronomical and would venture into a high 6 figure number to replace them all...

hope this helps timmy. and good luck on the weekend.

Pete

At least you are getting a new ball. Mine received 17 deep scratches on the Woodville lanes. When the first few were received I approached the desk and told that as there were no other balls on the pair of lanes I was bowling on getting damaged it must be the way I was bowling. It did not matter which lane I bowled on every time my ball was returned there was another scratch. Still no help from the desk. At the end of the two game I had on those lanes the tech finally came up and found that a screw at the top of the ball return had worked loose and that because my ball was light it was sitting higher on the ball return and this was why it was damaged. When I asked what could be done with my ball I was told -nothing. I have now had to have the ball completely resurfaced (at my own cost) as the numerous scratches were too deep to be ignored or polished out. Customer service ... non existant. I won't be bowling there again unless absolutely necessary (ie state trials).

Hi everyone. Most of you would know me by now....just can't create my own profile! I'm Tim Tran.
I have a problem and I need some help figuring out a solution. 3-4 weeks ago, my Storm Trifecta come out of the gutter and launched into the pin table, causing there to be a huge chunk in my ball. Picture having a perfectly round boiled egg, then taking the top off it with a spoon. The finished product is what my ball looked like.
Salisbury Bowland, the centre I was bowling at at the time, took my ball and admitted liability for the ball damage. The ball had to be replaced. I requested a Storm Shift and free drilling for the trouble, a request I believe was quite reasonable, considering the ball itself was very much alive and I had to pay for the original drilling.
Salisbury Bowland were contacted several times in regards to obtaining this replacement ball, only to be told it was on the way and a driller would be available for me once it landed. Now only 13 hours away from Rachuig trials, I still have no primary ball to use.
I am most upset with the way Salisbury Bowland handled this catastrophe, and hope that I can send a strong message with this post.
Has anybody else found themselves in this predicament before? What have you done? I welcome any thoughts.
I am also looking for answers from Salisbury Bowl and management therein. Why isn't this ball here? Why are the lanes in such a shape that balls (not only mine, but others too) continuously get grazed or damaged? I bet if it was Lee or Simmo who had this problem, they wouldn't be waiting this long.
Awaiting your thoughts
Tim Tran

I know how you fell Tim my VBP Bronze centaur damage and repair i pick it up two week ago on tuesday went bowling with it in northen lights league not a scrath on it but my Immortal solid and got a small chuck taken out of it. In three day two of my balls got damage in Three days on the same lanes 19/20.

I know this one is a little old, but i just came across the post...
Storm balls are a little hard to get hold of, so I would say that Salisbury have probably handled the situation fairly well. Your request is suitable and justified considering the situation. However, bowling balls cannot appear overnight. And if the ball was not in stock at the Aust Supplied (Rebel/Holiday) then it would need to be airfreighted, which can be up to 3 weeks depending.
Your ball came out of the gutter, and hit the pin table - not exactly Salisbury's fault so you are relatively lucky they took the blame for it.

Woodville on the other hand, now that is just disgraceful! 17 scratches! I would be taking a terrible customer service issue such as that to their regional or head office. Did you take any pictures? "It was the way you were bowling" - what a crock, I wouldn't bowl at a centre that told me that!

Back
Top Bottom