Custom Ball

S

Sinisterx8

What i am actually after is i want a custom ball made... You have obviously seen the clear balls with things inside them well i had an idea for one of my own and was wondering if it is possible to get it made?????? Or am i dreaming

Probably dreaming .. tho no harm in writing to the ball companies. But can you imagine how many people write to them and ask them these things ?

I think I remember Rob Buckley looked at how to make his own ball (or was that just looking at the makeup of a ball) - either way any product that ended up coming out of Dr Robs lab made would not be legal as it has to go off and get sanctioned blah blah.

So .. the short answer .. yes you are dreaming :)

Rob mite care to answer in more detail as to what he actually did .. hey I could have been dreaming but im sure I read or heard him talk about one time or another.

When Brunswick released the VIZ-A-BALL in 2000 they said that in the future they would be able to make custom 1 offs for people for about $300US I think. They were not clear and would be image generated like some of the Polar Bear, Wrestling Star balls. As for putting something inside of one, I"m sorry your dreaming unless your willing to fork out about $1000 Australian and even then you could never use it in a league or tournament. If you want some a bit different, Asia have different ball releases to the rest of the world eg. the new Storm UNIT CARBIDE which won't be available anywhere else in the world.

Yeah you guys are right everyone that i have spoken too tells me im either nuts or crazy (thier probly right) but i contacted brunswick and they do have balls that are clear with the weight block showing so theres a start i guess

AUSTRALIAN MADE !`

There is a guy in Maryborough QLD who can make one for you.

The only thing is that it wont be sanctioned - so you cant claim any awards or legally use it in any tournaments or leagues.

Still - if it is only for the novalty, email me and I will send his details to you.

Cheers

BROWNy

(PS - I know this for a fact because I already raised the issue with him, but when we looked into it a bit deeper it appeared to be difficult to get a ball approved all the way from here in Australia).

Send it to TBA for approval. If it's a clear ball and you can prove it has no metal in it, all that has to be checked is hardness, balance and Rg.
There may be a fee. :lol: :lol:

<begin stir mode> On another note, can anyone tell me why TBA have deemed it illegal to plug a balance hole?

Rob.

Just throw it!

Quick note - according to my version of the TBA rule book, it does not appear that a ball has to be 'approved' for tournament play, it simply has to meet the equipment specs as per chapter 6. So it would appear to be open slather on home made balls so long as you can prove it meets spec.

Cheers, Rob.

Found this site in my travels around the net ..

http://www.clearballs.com/Prototypes.htm

Clearballs.com is working on several exciting new clear and painted-core technologies. We have prototypes of several designs for evaluation.
We can also make a custom clear or painted core ball. The cost of a single prototype is approximately $400.00US, payable in advance, and the turnaround time is approximately 90 days. You will need to provide the item to be placed inside of the ball.

Please note: the item inside the ball should be no larger than 3 or 4 inches tall. The nature of the clear ball will make the object look much larger than it actually is.

Back
Top Bottom