Country Cup - The 'Would Have Been' Champions

I can see the for and against here. For so long bowlers have been paying nothing for a 12 month 'registration' and got nothing in return for it and if this is the case for say 30 odd years then who can blame anyone for thinking the extra cash in the future will just disappear into the blackhole with the money of the past. But...

Bowlers have had it way to good for way to long in this regard for example our cricket club charges $100 for registration and the season only lasts 5 months in return the players get the joy of playing cricket and that's about it and we aren't the only ones.

So I personally don't mind the prices increase but I do hope the extra cash is put to good use for the future of the sport in this country.

The difference with your local cricket club and the TBA, is that it stays local. You are right, with the TBA it goes into the big black hole.

Reading what TBA are going to do with the money (on their web site) shows very little change back to the bowler.

Very disappointing.

do u hit a golf ball, like you bowl a ball???
cause if you do, i'd be way out of my league

FAST HARD AND STRIGHT AS A DIE!:p

As oposed to myine that are never in the same spot twice and have no idea where they are going! (thought i would get in before you said it anyway)

Bowlers have had it way to good for way to long in this regard for example our cricket club charges $100 for registration and the season only lasts 5 months in return the players get the joy of playing cricket and that's about it and we aren't the only ones.

So what are the weekly fees that your cricketers pay?
How much does your weekly practice session cost you?

Sorry but I can not see any benefit for my bowlers by paying more.
It may be different in other towns, but here we are going to struggle to get most to pay more for little or the same return as before.

Rob

Your fee for cricket contains ground fees.How can you link the two or any other sports fees.What would it cost if you had to pay for every game you played as well as your fees.

Yeah ok fair call not the greatest example with the cricket club. We can't be the only sport that pays a governing body some sort of annual registration on top of our weekly game fees surely.
We are also going to have a few dramas here convincing people they have to pay more and be no better off for it but 90% of the people we've spoken to about it really don't care either way. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see in the future what comes of all of this.

Doesn't the annual registration fee include an insurance component?

Back
Top Bottom