Country Cup - The 'Would Have Been' Champions

I dont think thats the reason, just a lot less bowlers in country SA than 15 yr ago. Man if only every team event in Oz could just click their fingers and 'the best' teams could appear

just a lot less bowlers in country SA than 15 yr ago. [/QUOTE said:
I think you might find the same goes for every state in oz! especially league bowlers. But how do you turn the casual bowlers into league bowlers, and hence into rournaments, etc - they don't seem to want to commit to a regular schedule

and kevvy

based on your theory, why dont they move a motion to make the competition even stronger, by cutting a few extra teams loose

until they allow every sanction country resident in the state bowl, it will always be a club. thats what we've been calling it for a few years now

ooops, i didnt quite interpret that right, i meant....... every country resident in the state, plus the one over the northern border, but not the ones over the western border

what makes it worse is that the TBA endorse this as being fair for all its members, even the ones who pay the same sanction fee, who dont get the same privillages as the privillaged people

Craig

For the amount that we got from TBA (and I agree with your interpretation of consistency) for sanctioning to go up, is a discrace.

They would be better off lowering the fees, giving a little back to the bowlers, and getting more involved with the average bowler.

David on another post I said that if they made all the centres make all the bowlers pay rego it would not need to go up.
Then you have to ask if all the bowlers are not paid members how are the leagues all sanctioned and are the bowlers that make the teams eligible if the leagues have players that are not members.

and kevvy
based on your theory, why dont they move a motion to make the competition even stronger, by cutting a few extra teams loose
until they allow every sanction country resident in the state bowl, it will always be a club. thats what we've been calling it for a few years now
ooops, i didnt quite interpret that right, i meant....... every country resident in the state, plus the one over the northern border, but not the ones over the western border
what makes it worse is that the TBA endorse this as being fair for all its members, even the ones who pay the same sanction fee, who dont get the same privillages as the privillaged people

I may just have to agree with you on this one, good to have you back in full voice.Come on man speek your mind don't hold back.

Grumpy
Just another retired country bowler sick of the closed minds.

Didn't this thread start on another subject???

With regards to sanction fees, isn't it the case of you get what you pay for?

What can we expect for $12.50 a year? The answer - NOT MUCH.

Liz

Liz

So if we didn't get anything for $12.50, is the mentality to charge us more.

I don't mind paying if we get something, but from what I have heard is not much will change, EXCEPT to pay more.

If I am wrong, and it is attractive for the average bowler to sanction, then great. But on the TBA website it is a blanket increase, without any particulars.

Seems that the TBA just need more money and we are the mugs to have to cough up.

if the can is empty

when you tip it upside down, nothing comes out

no matter how hard you bang it

bowling is this country has been banging an empty can for way too long

i got a mate who pays $90 a year to race remote controlled speed boats and gets not much value for it, other than being able to race, he outlays 2-3k on his boats a year

we pay $20 and expect the world

if the can is empty
when you tip it upside down, nothing comes out
no matter how hard you bang it
bowling is this country has been banging an empty can for way too long
i got a mate who pays $90 a year to race remote controlled speed boats and gets not much value for it, other than being able to race, he outlays 2-3k on his boats a year
we pay $20 and expect the world

Craig

Therefore we pay the money in the hope that they will do something with it.

Sounds real smart to me.

yes it has, i been waiting for some club members to go into battle with me
obviously some run from me, just like they do when it comes to placing line ups against me
Craig I can do you a deal on some golf lessons - just come down to the club;)

Yes you are right Mindi, it has gone off topic, so I will just make one last comment.

Gillian (TBA CEO) actually came and spoke to all present at the Holt AGM in Adelaide. I guess a lot of bowlers who have been around for a while have developed this attitude of "The tune is different but the words are still the same". Who can blame them though. The newer bowlers seem more open minded.

Gillian seems to be trying to head in the right direction and appears open and honest. She has taken on a HUGE task with little resources and facts. One thing she did discuss was membership fees amongst a whole list of other things.

These things won't happen overnight and I for one am willing to listen to her and give her the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully she will get the sanction fees right and we will be on the right fee structure to benefit the sport.

Liz

Leave it off topic, the other one has been done to death about 100 times!

Craig
Therefore we pay the money in the hope that they will do something with it.
Sounds real smart to me.

1 dollar a week for a little hope, I'd pay double that, and I don't need anything back apart from the continued opportunity to bowl state and national championships if I so desire.

Graeme

Liz
So if we didn't get anything for $12.50, is the mentality to charge us more.
I don't mind paying if we get something, but from what I have heard is not much will change, EXCEPT to pay more.
If I am wrong, and it is attractive for the average bowler to sanction, then great. But on the TBA website it is a blanket increase, without any particulars.
Seems that the TBA just need more money and we are the mugs to have to cough up.

MR FARQY

1. when you talk about mentality, you drive me mental

2. if you dont mind paying, why you *****ing

3. if you are wrong, its not all about you, most of us are wrong quite often

4. seems TBA just needs more money, i better go amend number 3

3a if you are wrong, your never wrong mr farqy, the tba does need money

have a nice weekend :D

Back
Top Bottom