Country Cup - The 'Would Have Been' Champions

J

jwpepper

Seeing Country Cup is a mates club, not allowing all country centres in Victoria an opportunity to participate. Thought I'd start the ball rolling with teams that would have performed very well, if allowed to participate.

Geelong Ten Pin Bowlarama

There would have been easy 15 bowlers try out (unlike some centres!!!!!:confused:), and the squad could possibly have been:

Male Team
- Andrew Carmichael
- David Carmichael
- Michael Drummond
- Michael Kennedy
- Michael O'Keefe
- Shane McMahon
- Steven Kennedy

Female Team
- Courtney Murdoch
- Helen O'Keefe
- Jan Carmichael
- Kasey Thatcher
- Kylie McMahon
- Sue Jobling
- Wendy Thompson

Interested to hear of any others

Sale:

Men
Bill Garantini
Tony Hickling
Gunther Czmok
Joe Tomasinski
Mick Partridge
Scott Morris
Matthew Curnow

Ladies
Belinda Howard
Sandra Howard
Sandy Morton
Liz Fabian-Czmok
Flo Healey
Ann Nichols
Melinda Hickling

How's that for the team that could have been.............

Liz

Only one comment needed.

Everyone is entitled to make their own choice as to what they choose to do or not to do!!

Martin

There are rules that centres have to abide by before they can even be considered.

Ask the VCTBA why centres like Horsham, Echuca and Bowl a rama are not part of Country Cup. It's not just the ability to field a team.

There is no doubt that there are bowlers out there that are more than capable of mixing it with the best of the country centres, but you make it sound like your centre is discriminated against.

How about the 'whole' picture be painted and not just the one side that suits your cause.

Just my opinion.

What I would like to see is every VICTORIAN COUNTRY CENTRE play in all COUNTRY CUPS.If they were to be played in the city centres who have enough lanes then every one gets a rep team in and has a go.
Time for this sport to move on and away from the old MATES CLUB and move FOWARD.Just as junior country cup should have 16 and under then a 21 and under.That way we would not lose so many kids from the sport between 14 and 18.
JUST SOME OF MY OPINIONS.

There are rules that centres have to abide by before they can even be considered.
Ask the VCTBA why centres like Horsham, Echuca and Bowl a rama are not part of Country Cup. It's not just the ability to field a team.
There is no doubt that there are bowlers out there that are more than capable of mixing it with the best of the country centres, but you make it sound like your centre is discriminated against.
How about the 'whole' picture be painted and not just the one side that suits your cause.
Just my opinion.

That's your opinion. My post is my opinion. They're just different, that's all.

Posting the opinion in this forum, allows other to expand on it and create the 'whole' picture.

That's your opinion. My post is my opinion. They're just different, that's all.
Posting the opinion in this forum, allows other to expand on it and create the 'whole' picture.

Or a chance to just whinge.

I think this is about the 1,000,000,000 post about this topic.

It's fine to have an opinion, but there are many reasons as to why the comp is like it is.

As Paige said. If you wish to know the rules of the competition, then contact the TBA.

Just as junior country cup should have 16 and under then a 21 and under.That way we would not lose so many kids from the sport between 14 and 18.
Kids between 14 and 18 are being lost to the sport of Tenpin Bowling because there is lot of competition from other sporting pursuits and psatimes - not because there isn't an under 17 and under 22 Junior Country Cup.
Some centres have trouble finding enough juniors to bowl one Junior Country Cup, let alone finding two teams.
Encouraging and coaching the juniors at your local centre is the best way to keep them interested and staying in the sport, not adding another age bracket for juniors.
Roy

Thats why if you dont have enough younger kids you could still field an older team but the point being you could still field a team.WE SHOULD HAVE ALL CENTRES IN THESE COMPS.

Goldpin have a 'Youth Cup' which the ages have been changed and I believe it is now between 16 and 25 to help centres field teams. And it hasn't run the last few years because not enough centres can field teams.

What I would like to see is every VICTORIAN COUNTRY CENTRE play in all COUNTRY CUPS.If they were to be played in the city centres who have enough lanes then every one gets a rep team in and has a go.
Time for this sport to move on and away from the old MATES CLUB and move FOWARD.Just as junior country cup should have 16 and under then a 21 and under.That way we would not lose so many kids from the sport between 14 and 18.

Playing COUNTRY Cup in the city :rolleyes:

Isnt that defeating the purpose of why its called "Country Cup"

Guys everybody is entitled to an oppinion,but your opinions will hold more sway if based on factual imformation and not heresay Innuendo

Kev

Adrian This will be true when Country Cup starts dying,but while we have other centres Bowlarama being one of a few ,trying to get into the Tournement it will stay strong

i've heard some crap dribbled on here before

but this thread is topping the cake

at this rate i might even bite soon

your competition is half as strong as it was 20 years ago, i could name 7 ineligible contry men, who would defeat any country cup champion team 9 out of 10 times

i could name another 20 country men, who just cant be bothered having anything to do with your super strong competition

there are great players out there at the moment, but not as many as there used to be

Sorry WAyne no Flaming ,Craig is respected and although we may not agree his points are valid

Craig when i say the competition is strong I mean that we still have teams that want to come in and players that still want to play while this is happening the tourmement will keep going ,the calibre may not be there but for those that are the passion still is

Its worked in SA for a long time, you guys may have to bite the bullet one day

And where is SA Country Cup now???

4 teams, maybe 5 now that Berri are in?

Moving to the city certainly has not worked in SA.

Agree with some points in this thread, would love to bowl against all centres but can not see it happening any time soon.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom