Cleaning Shoes

T

Track_X

I now know that shoes are just as important as balls and come together in every bowlers arsenal.My consistancy has ever increased since I got my first pair of bowling shoes (Dexter st 4 with the interchangeable soles).So I wanna take care of them.What is the best maintenance and cleaning methods for these shoes.I heard that the brushs that some people use are too harsh for some of the sliders.And one Lane mechanic showed me how to clean them (after a game) with a damp cloth with a tiny amount of detergent.What are the Do's and Don'ts when it comes to shoe maintenance? Thanks for any advice.

its not really a great idea to put detergent on the leather or fibre sliding sole (more so with leather), its ok to use on the shoes themselves to keep them clean though, dont wash them either or soak them in water.

a brush is still the best method, just dont go grabbing any industrial strength mechanics style wire brushes, you will probably tear holes in your shoes :p A whole bunch of companies make shoe brushes, i lost mine and purchased a new ebonite one the other day for like $6, works fine, hardly going to break the bank :)

Back
Top Bottom