bowling centre obligations

just curious as to the obligations. My centre here seems to think competitive leagues are more important than a social league mainly because they think we don't score high enough to bother cleaning and oiling the lanes. In our league we have three to five bowlers who bowl 200+ scratch on these lanes, also we pay the same amount per game as the other leagues. Surely my question is not that hard to answer? As to reiterate what are bowling centre obligations.

just curious as to the obligations. My centre here seems to think competitive leagues are more important than a social league mainly because they think we don't score high enough to bother cleaning and oiling the lanes. In our league we have three to five bowlers who bowl 200+ scratch on these lanes, also we pay the same amount per game as the other leagues. Surely my question is not that hard to answer? As to reiterate what are bowling centre obligations.

that ones a bit clearer. the first question was very general.

anyway i used to be in a social leaugue that had a similar situation to yours as lanes, approaches, etc. werent being maintained before our league whereas they were for other leagues.

we fixed this by putting in the leagues constitution that the lanes, approaches, etc. must be looked after before the league commences.
it worked great:)

Keeping XXXX in the fridge at all times is essential or the toys will go out of the cot!!!! Hey Owen, just wondering are you guys still using the condition up there that was put in the oil machine for Wide Bay?

So there was another part to the story (usually is) and yet again it is a case of someone complaining because they think they are being hard done by.

If you think it is a problem then talk to the centre management. This is more a PR issue than any obligation.

we fixed this by putting in the leagues constitution that the lanes, approaches, etc. must be looked after before the league commences. it worked great:)

You can't dictate that to the centre. What would you have done if they said no? You would have bowled on it anyway.

I would have thought the bowling centre's obligations were to provide a safe and hazard free environment to their patrons, comply with all OH&S requirements and standards and act in a legal manner at all times. Everything else is negotiable.

it would be nice if some centres i go to clean the dirty footprints that the tech guys and social bowlers leave on the lanes and approaches before league

sweeping of the general area where bowlers sit and where the scoring system is wouldnt go astray either, i hate wiping grit off my shoes before i step onto the approach...

in saying that i find the centres i bowl in to have very good approaches, its just the above mentioned area i find is neglected.

Back
Top Bottom