sanction fees question here for everyone to ponder

G

Gismo

What do you think of the policy of forcing bowlers to pay their in centre fee regardless of whether or not they hold a TBAL card? No fee , no bowl!!

Scott

I agree with you there. I am under the opinion that if you sanction TBAL you are entitled to bowl in any TBAL sanctioned league anywhere. What I was wondering is if bowlers who are already sanctioned should have to pay another fee to be able to bowl in a TBAL sanctioned league in another centre.

Scott

Scott -
TBAL registration is national - for instance, Jagga and myself were registered in Darwin at the beginning of 2002, and relocated to Brisbane in April. We did not re-register at Caboolture when we arrived here, because as far as we were concerned our national membership was still current. We each joined a league at Caboolture using that Darwin registration, and we were not made to pay the fee again. This year, our membership is current at Caboolture, and I am also in a league at Kedron - again,I was not required to pay double the fee for 2003.
Someone is trying to take the mickey out of you, but stick to your guns - a current year TBAL membership card is all you should need to be able to bowl.
I AM SURE SOMEONE WILL CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG!!! :lol:

Broni

Are you talking about having to pay another Centre's Association fee even though you have already paid the TBA registration fee through another association?

I am on the verge of moving to another city and have paid my 2003 registration fee through my current association (LTBA). I was under the impression once I have moved I would have to pay to my new association (HTBA) their portion of the registration fee, but not the whole amount again, regardless of the fact I have already paid LTBA.

I hope some one can make some sense of what I am trying to say here and also clarify for me whether I do in fact have to pay another fee :!:

Some Associations

What may be the case is that an association may be that the association may add few dollars on top of the normal bowling registration.

Example
Brisbane Assoc charges $15
Bowling registeration $10
Left Over $ 5

this $5 could be used to run prizes/awards for members of the association. So if you were to move from Brisbane to Gold Coast and they charge $13 for membership. They might ask you to pay the three dollars so that you may be entitled to prizes/awards that they have on offer through their associaiton.

Well, when I was in Hobart for my two and a half week holidays, I was asked to fill in for the two weeks I was there in the Sponsors League on Wednesday night and since I hadn't bowled for 12 months, I had to get a new sanction card. No problems, cost me $10 for 12 months, I believe. When I came back to Melbourne to join a league at Chadstone, I didn't have to get a new TBA card as I already had one from Hobart. I don't know what the story is if you have to get a new TBA card every time you move state.

That's just my dribble for now.

Back
Top Bottom