Belmo in lead at US Open!

Well done Jason (Doust that is) .. with calls like you have provided Ray warren might be in trouble when the League gets underway.

Like I said to kick off this post, fingers crossed for the other Jason. All aussie bowlers know what a win in the US Open would mean!

Thanks Wal, I got a little excited, as Miss Sylvia was pouring great espresso all morning to boot. :)

I think that a lot of bowlers would understand that it's a very prestigious title, but most wouldn't get just how hard it is to play well, let alone win the US Open. You've got brutally tough lanes, the best players in the world ripping it up with surface and revs and every pair plays different because of the influence of whoever went before you. Fagan out-averaged the field at 217. I put a video together for IAB on the subject and welcome everyone to have a look at it to get a better understanding of just how much more difficult this is compared to regular play.

PLAYOFF RESULTS
Match One – Weber def. Shafer, 223-191.
Match Two – Weber def. Belmonte, 225-213.
Championship – Weber def. Fagan, 215-214.

Weber struck with his last shot to win by 1 pin!

Hey Guys,

It was great to see PDW back in the winners circle, even though I would have loved to see Belmo win. It was nice to see an older non-super rev power player get up.

The power players have really given the Tweeners and Strokers a good hidding this last few years.

Again, well done Belomo, great effort.

Would have loved to have seen Jason get it done, but PDW taking US Open #5 was my number two desired outcome. Whoever won this, there was going to be a good news story.

What I didn't say yesterday was that, as truly great as all the top guys played, Pete Weber was amazing in the final round. When the pattern started to break down a bit, Pete had that look in his eye that said "I have something and I'm going after it for all I'm worth." He was on.

Hard to beat a guy that good when he's that determined. Doesn't matter who you are! Back to work...

Might I suggest that bowlers have a look at the video Jason Doust has put together for IAB bowling. He discusses why the US Open oil pattern is so tough compared to the 'house conditions' that we strike in league play.

Very informative Mr. Doust .. keep up the info, it's the sort of knowledge we all need to acquire.

Jason has a link under his name several posts back...

I watched this last night on ESPN, just when you thought weber was down he bounced back , just shows his mental strength, he especially was giving it to a heckler in the crowd which made good theater. The lane conditions were tough and most had trouble with the left lane , oiled at 42 feet and gutter to gutter , shafer was literally bowling it up the middle. After webers match with belmo Pete said in a very sporting way to Jason" you will get your chance it won't be long".

I was annoyed that Espn only aired from 6th frame onwards of belmo's game. The matches were replayed this morning at 2am and they still editted it out. It was initially editted due to the tennis running over time but to not show the match in its entirety this morning.....I don't get it.But congrats on belmo for getting as far as ge did. Well done.

Back
Top Bottom