Belmo hits the front early

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Australia's Jason Belmonte, , sits atop the leaderboard in the final event of the 2006 European Bowling Tour...the Kungsbacka International Tournament in Sweden. Belmo had games of 279, 264, 249, 247, 279 and 246 to lead the field with 1564 six-game total and an average of 260.66.

Belmo is trying to secure his spot for the World Ranking Masters (2007 in Qatar) on the European Bowling Tour. He is currently seventh in both the Asian and the European rankings.

Men's ranking leader Paul Moor, from England (653 points) and second-placed Osku Palermaa, (561) haven't played yet.

Attachments

• IMG_1405 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1405 (Medium).jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 76
Jason belmote is an absolute super star. Cant belive the sucess this guy is having its great to see!

260 average? eh not to shabby either!!!

Good Luck belmo do us proud

I think aussie tournaments have gotta start implementing negative handicapping lol. Great work Belmo

lol he is made to bowl over there as the last 2 yrs brunswick open has not been nice to him lmao.

well belmote keep aussie flag flying

Not a bad effort for someone who was half asleep!
I believe he was only bowling at that time with a bloke so he didnt fall asleep! Unreal!

Go hard Belmo

that is very good

good work,

so my question is when are we going to see these kind of averages in national tournaments, the oiling pattern must be good, maybe its what we need here

Kungsbacka Bowling Center in Kungsbacka, Sweden (Dec. 11-17, 2006)

Belmonte refuses to fall in Kungsbacka With the 15th and final qualifying squads to go Jason Belmonte continued to lead the final event of the 2006 European Bowling Tour, the Kungsbacka International Tournament in Sweden, The two-hander from Australia had games of 279, 264, 249, 247, 279 and 246 to lead the field after 12 out of 15 qualifying squads with 1564 six-game total and an average of 260.66.

Pontus Halvarsson from Sweden is second with 1507. Men's European ranking leader Paul Moor from England (653 points) and second-placed Osku Palermaa (561) sit in fifth and third place with 1496 and 1503, respectively. Dane Mikael Brændeskov became the fourth player to crack the 1500-bar to move into fourth place with 1501.

With maximum 100 ranking points available, World Cup champion Palermaa, has to win in Kungsbacka and two-time defending ranking champion Moor, must finish lower than 35th in the men's rankings to overtake the Englishman and to steal the title. However, if Moor finishes qualifying among the top 8, he will earn a bye into the Round of 32 which will seal his victory in the rankings.

Belmonte targets to secure his spot for the World Ranking Masters (2007 in Qatar) on the European Bowling Tour. He is currently seventh in both the Asian and the European rankings.

that is very good
good work,
so my question is when are we going to see these kind of averages in national tournaments, the oiling pattern must be good, maybe its what we need here
Maybe it's playing on the harder stuff that makes the easy stuff even easier? I hope we never see an event like this. You have to get to 19th place before somebody averages less than 240! see: http://www.bowlingdigital.com/bowling/node/13336/1?PHPSESSID=d5121417796717561fc2e95e615fea04 for the standings.

That said though, you're right about it being good work Matt. 260 average is 10 strikes a game on average. Truly extraordinary.

Amazing that you can average 250 in your 5 game elimination round and get beat....bad luck Belmo but awesome bowling anyway.

Seriously though, the scoring is pretty ridiculous.

Bad luck Belmo, great effort, good to see you are showing them that an Aussie can mix it with the best of them.

No matter what you averaged where you finished, you always do Australia proud no matter whether you are bowling for yourself, or the country.

True Champion in my book, once again well done.

Good on you and keep up the high scoring. Seeing you and george play against each other at Berri was a treat.

Back
Top Bottom