Belmo - Great Sportsmanship !!!

dazgore

Hi Belmo,

You dont know me, but I have just finished watching your 1/4 final match up in the world cup in Singapore.
I was very impressed with the way you conducted yourself, especially having the 300 bowled against you, and then leaving that split in the 10th of the second game. You took it all with a smile, and applauded your opponents efforts.
Of all the games i have watched, you were the only one that has conducted themselves so.

Anyway, well done mate.

Darryl Gore

and where may i ask (for the benefit of every person on this site) did u get the chance to watch this match?

It was on Foxtel this morning at 10am EST, I taped it.
I think it is replayed at 2am on thursday Morning or Late wednesday night, whatever way you want to look at it.

Darryl

What I want to know is... How long did it take for the table to come down on the last shot??? Very slow machine!

androooo said:
What I want to know is... How long did it take for the table to come down on the last shot??? Very slow machine!

That's exactly what I thought. Took longer to come down than the old 82/70's at Moonah used to.
Nice 300 from Steve Waugh though. :lol:

I agree with the original poster about Belmo's great sportsmanship too, obviously disappointed but took it well.
That was the first time I've ever seen this guy bowl - :shock: Unbelievable.

Firstly, the table on the 12th shot was rediculously slow. The guy even turned his back on it, ready to accept a 299 and didn't even see the pin fall for his 300. I think that is a fair indication of how slow it was just there. Now to Belmo's great sportsmanship! As i had read an article on Belmo following his World Cup campaign, I knew what was going to happen in the match, as he explained what happened on his final shot. He said that he threw it in the right spot but the lane had dried up a little bit, so he had no regrets about that. As the people that have seen the match, i think from what he said when he saw what he had left, he said to himself - that was good. That is what I think he said anyway. Either way, Belmo did show awesome sportsmanship and he deserved to go all the way!!

i know we all understand the format, before we bowl a ball but

gees how tough is it, when someone leads a tournament all week and then gets beaten by someone who just fell into the cut.

and its all over, a very tough break

as for the 300 i agree with glenn, he had given up on it, and surely it had to be the slowest messenger ever to pay off

we'd all take that same lucky break though

great effort belmo, and you will be a world champion somewhere along the line, if not a multiple pba champion

Firstly,

Thank you all for your kind messages...means alot.

As for the pin Deck coming down late..... The machines had to be reset manually..... There was a problem with the automatich resets, when you dis-connect the scoring system, it doesnt read the ball going into the pit.......and as far as i heard, a person down the back had to count to 5 or so after the ball hit the pins before he reset.
The decks were normal for the rest of the event!!!!!

After i left a lovly 7 pin in the 10th i could not win (he had the front 9).... like every bowler in the world, myself included, bowling 300 on TV is a DREAM. So after i couldnt win i was hoping he would get them all in the 10th....its great for TV plus i figured he would use up all his strikes before the 2nd game haha :) .

It was a site to see and i know that the Finn was extremly proud and happy, plus its an achievement to have 1 bowled against you on TV haha

The formatt is a little dodgy but we all knew thats how it went before the 1st ball was bowled.

Again thank you for your kind messages and well wishes...

Jason Belmonte on location in KUWAIT

ps- DAZGORE if you could please send me a copy via the Orange Tenpin Bowl, NSW 2800..... that would be great.... had the tape in, just forgot to press RECORD haha

I watched the match last night. Great stuff by both bowlers. It's been a long time since I've seen a perfect game. 16 strikes in a row on television is a huge effort. Making the top 8 in the World Cup is also a huge effort. Congratulations Jason. Even though we knew the end result, my wife and I were cheering you on regardless. You showed us all how to conduct yourself on the lanes.

That's the most unusual style I have ever seen. I love the idea of no thumb in the ball. How long did it take you to perfect the style?

Yeah well done Belmo, althought I didn't see any of your bowling, I know you always handle yourself well even when I bowled my PB 289 against you, with a 277 yourself it was a great game.

You always have a laugh about the kind of stuff, I remember when you and I were in Sweet FA I had a great time, winning that league on a number of occasions.

Also my average went from 168 to 190 in the time I was bowling with you.

That was great.
Catch ya back home!

Yahoo

ya watching you on the world cup telecast you handle yourself very well and are a true sportsman and thats why you won the player of the year ward because your a good friend and a king person and have fun overseas show them how aussies can really bowl.

Congratultions Belmo, was great to watch you overseas and the way you handled yourself as already mentioned. I must say that atomic charge looks pretty sweet!!!

From my own personal experience I only have one to recall, and it was shooting 288 and losing to the big man by 2 pins. We both has spares in the first frame and Belmo cleaned the sheet off, with 11 huge solid strikes. I threw 10 pocket strikes but not quite as clean and solid as Belmo's. But he took it all in good spirit and even made a bit of a joke about it. Thanks for that experience Belmo, I don't think I'll ever forget the day I almost beat the 2 handed man!

Good luck in your future endeavours!!

Macca

Back
Top Bottom