BEING LATE TO WORK

hewer

mmm bop
If you are late to work (and I'm talking about 10 mins) due to a legit reason, this morning it was boom gates were stuck down for like 15 mins and obviously getting boxed in by other cars and couple of weeks ago it was a van had rolled on it's side and crashed into another car and police were holding traffic up etc....

I have been told if I'm late anymore no matter what the reason I will be getting an official warning...

WTF is with that? I could understand if I was sleeping in and just being late for the sake of being late, but not for a traffic incident that has happened on teh way to work with plenty of time to get there, I also send my direct manager and the operations manager (who I just got spoken to by) SMS' to say I'm going to be late and why...

I've been told to leave home earlier just so I miss all of these things that happen, or I'll get warnings, but also he told me that NOBODY ELSE is ever late and for one I know the floor manager is always 10 mins late

Pretty bull**** I reckon, hey I might be wrong... Please tell me if I am

-Paul

Hey Paul... sounds a bit harsh, 1 suggestion... dont ever SMS if you are late or sick, call them. I hate it when people SMS me when they are late or sick. So much so i call them back just to let them know its ok or to see if they really are sick or if they are out somewhere.

"Please bend the rules because I was late........"

Sounds like you have a bit of a history going there with being late. Simple way to stop it is not to be late. Allow an extra 15 minutes to get there or take whatever you get for being late.

Bit like speeding really. Don't speed and you wont get caught by speed cameras.

If you are being held up by traffic, take photo's with your phone - your bosses clearly think you are coming up with excuses, especially if it's happened several times. other way to stop it is leave earlier :) I allow 20 minutes for work, & get treated really well because im constantly early & ready to work.

melbourne traffic is balls... leaving a million hours early still screws you over...

you have more chance of winning lotto than predicting whether its going to be a hassle free morning.

but in saying that, bosses and managers and supervisors and junk are always tards and never believe your excuse, they could go home that night and see that you were telling the truth cos its on the news and still feel comfortable in knowing they were a douche about it...

you cant win... so dont try

If a company pays you for being at work from x time in the morning then why complain when they pull you up for arriving at y time instead? They're giving you a heads up that you should either shape up or ship out whereas they could, instead, simply give you the heave-ho. Sounds like you've been given a chance. Your move I reckon.

Yeah fair responses, and no i hate being late...

but this is also a company that has said that it's COMPULSARY to do overtime... A mate had glandular fever, tonsilitis and had just been diagnosed with diabeaties (this was the previous day) and the managers called him into work and told him he couldn't take days off sick cos they had people away on annual leave.

I hardly turn up late (only if some **** is blocking traffic etc) and how can a manager turn up late everyday and not get anything said to him...

But the guy that's told me off, has a previous record of "the directors have said this, the directors have said that" and they haven't said anything of the sorts...

melbourne traffic is balls... leaving a million hours early still screws you over...

you have more chance of winning lotto than predicting whether its going to be a hassle free morning.

but in saying that, bosses and managers and supervisors and junk are always tards and never believe your excuse, they could go home that night and see that you were telling the truth cos its on the news and still feel comfortable in knowing they were a douche about it...

you cant win... so dont try

I got you to the airport in time :p 10 mins to spare too!!!

But yeah traffic is the worst

I hardly turn up late (only if some **** is blocking traffic etc) and how can a manager turn up late everyday and not get anything said to him...

OK, this is going to sound a bit harsh but it really pisses me off when I see people saying that.

How does what someone else does (or doesn't do) justify you doing the wrong thing? That's the typical response of a child - "He did it, how come I can't?" Grow up and just do the right thing.

Not saying turning up late is the right thing... I'm just saying that this company it's ok for one but not ok for another, not just being late, but a multitude of other things...

and heres another thing... "being late" gets measured by the PC server time...

each bloody week I sync my phone clock and car clock to the PC time... each week my phone / car is behind... I am hearing like 8am news at 8.10am (on my car clock) etc...

Everybody swears the time is getting faster and faster by 2 or 3 mins a week.... Surely my phone and car don't get the time wrong each week

computer time if not synced with an external time source "WILL" wander. Running a compiler, or something that uses high amounts of CPU for long periods of time can cause massive time changes on the CPU time. I was loosing 10min a day at one stage.

Ensure your clock syncs via the net to an external source at least once a day.

computer time if not synced with an external time source "WILL" wander. Running a compiler, or something that uses high amounts of CPU for long periods of time can cause massive time changes on the CPU time. I was loosing 10min a day at one stage.

Ensure your clock syncs via the net to an external source at least once a day.

Very interesting =]

Because he is the Boss and he can... He probably worked hard to get there, and also probably stays back after you have left, and probably does work at home as well. Bloody employees really **** us managers thinking we are lazy when you wouldn't even know half the stuff we do.

I can 100% say he licked poo to get where he is... He'll say one thing to us, then in meetings with the directors he changes what comes out of his mouth (and yes I'm in those meetings too) so he doesn't get in trouble... And when you bring stuff up in the meetings, he'll interupt and state how it's all going smoothly lol (but that's besides the point)

Not saying he doesn't work hard and I'm not having a go a bosses / managers else where... its just when it's one rule for one person and totally different for all the other sh1t kickers here, that's a bit unfair...

The general thing is here if you brown nose enough your let off a bit easier... Not everyone is into sucking up to the boss etc.

Never had an issue with any other employee or manager (etc) previously... Just here LOL [Leigh, you want a job? LOL]

Back
Top Bottom