Australian Team Named - and the selectors suck again!

wchester

Bowling Tragic
Today..the TBA announced the team that will represent Australia in Malaysia..

Andrew Frawley (c)
Jason Belmonte
Michael Little
Michael Muir
Jason Walsh
Paul Trotter

Where the hell is Frilingos' name?
What does a bowler have to do to get picked
(besides kiss June's arse)

George is not only the #1 ranked bowler in this country, but he has won just about everything worth winning.

WHY DO YOU KEEP SELECTING BOWLERS WHO IN THE PAST HAVE DROPPED OUT OF OVERSEAS TRIPS?

To the guys who made the team..please show that you're a man ..Why don't you support the team by protesting against George's unfair treatment.

First of all we should congratulate these people for making the side.

Then we should kick up a stink about George not being in the side. He has bowled so well in everything he has entered and would be one of the greatest assets to that Australian side.

We should all ask what the hell is going on in the selectors minds? :?

there definately was a spot for george, but @ who's expense, thats a very good team.

if i was handed them 6 guys i would be happy

well done guys and as i said last year, keep plugging away, your time will come soon george (your a champion) and well done on the win in the NSW Open

I do think George should be in the team, but at the expense of who?

As Craig said that is a very good team!

Well done George on winning the NSW open to.

George certainly would be certain inclusion, however he recently declared himself a professional bowler both in a bowling magazine and on his own website therefore does he qualify to represent Australia?

Oh goody..I've always wanted to be a professional golfer so.......... I do hereby declare myself a professional golfer. I guess someone should warn Tiger...lol

This is nothing but a load of crap from the TBA board of selectors, who make it quite clear with their actions, that they don't like George.

George Frilingos is not a dues paying member of ANY professional bowler group and therefore is NOT a professional bowler. Is Frilingos more of a professional bowler than Andrew Frawley (who gets sent around the world by Storm)
Or is he more of a professional than Team USA member Tim Mack, who receives a bowling salary from Storm?

World Tenpin Bowling Association Playing Rules 2003 ...
Rule 306 - 5 Eligibility rule states:
Any individual who identifies himself as a professional bowler or is a member of a professional bowling organization shall be ineligible for all World and Zone Championships, the Olympic Games, and all World and Regional Games

I would guess George simply needs to change the wording on his website to "I am a full time bowler"

I'd like anyone from the TBA to call me if they feel I'm wrong.
My mobile number is 0407 885 807
But be prepared to answer questions..lots of questions.

:(

In order to avoid the constant perception of bias in the current selection system, our process should be seen to be fair, transparent and equitable. The ONLY way to accomplish this is to make known (publish) the selection criteria so that all those aspiring to one day don an Australian Shirt know how and what they need to do to get there.

If players are to be black banned, this should be done in an official manner .... not under the table.

Great to see Michael Little get the place in the team that he has earned and deserved for quite some time.

George, Brando ... you both deserve to be in the team.

Lets hope that since there are no official reserves in this team that all those selected can make themselves available to bowl for their country.

Well yes George did get a bit unlucky but you would have to feel worse about Nat Shelley not being selected for the womens team. She has bowled very well over the past year and not to mention winning today in an exciting last game, plus she has bowled FIQ previously and won gold. Why was she missing from the team? I feel she should've been an automatic selection.

Congratulations to all who made the team !!!!!

However why is George not there? He has been the most consistant bowler this year, he has also bowled in Malaysia so know what to expect.

I would love to know what the selectors have aginst this man because for as long as i have been in bowling he has not be picked to represt Australia in anything.

Why is this so?. George is a great character in our sport of bowling and he also takes a great intrest in juniors. He always makes time to stop and chat and answer any questions they may have, which is more than I can say for some other top players!!!

I would like to know what the selectors use to seclect the team, can some one from TBA please do this for us, the members, after all is that not what we pay our sanction fees for?

Ok, now I think its time someone from TBA hop on this forum, to this topic and explain. George, no doubt is a fantastic bowler, and the teamis great, but now we would all like to know what has happned to George, and why he hadn't been selected. Also Natalie for this matter, why wasnt she included?? As Robbie said, Nat has bowled FIQ and won gold, so why not select her? Dont get me wrong, the teams are great but we would like to know what happned

Come on TBA, explain yourself, PLEASE.

Later

They would post the womens team, just they trying to find when some of them won a tournament last......................

Good mens team..however I also feel george should have been there.

TBA - what's left of ya! Never seem to amazed me.

Tony

The teams are on the front page of the site.

This is just another example of complete and utter bullshit from TBA.

I have no problems with the Mens team, I think it's a great team and maybe there wasnt a spot for George. But to use the excuse : he is a "professional" is a load of horseshit. He has clarified his position saying he is a professional amatuer - it is a play on words. Something to makret himself on. He is NOT a member of a professional organisation (which is the basis previously of all someone being a professional).

TBA seem to like to call bowlers to tell them to make sure they show up so they can be picked in the side, so why can't they tell George in their conversations with him that marketing himself as "professional/amateur" will harm his chances ? The answer is clear : they dont like him and didnt have any intention of selecting him. Why dont they just tell him that instead of making some absolute piss ass excuse about his "professional" status. If he is ineligible, why is he even in the NTS ??

And the way to let Natalie know about her exclusion from the team is to just not announce her name, let her find out by NOT calling her name when she is standing on the approach and be upset by not hearing her name. You would think on her past RECENT experience overseas, she hasnt done anything wrong to be left out, if anything she has done enough right, including winning yesterday. She made shots under pressure to win yesterday. How about pull her aside and let her know exactly why she has been left out instead of finding out the way she did. Then told it is all in black and white when clearly it isnt. Natalie has done more than enough to earn her selection in the side.

Good luck to the teams, im sure you will do great. Congrats especially to Mick Little, about bloody time mate.

Congrats to all on making this years FIQ team, special congrats to Micheal Muir who will bowl in his first World FIQ, hard to beleive its his first but true.
As for George, maybe he does deserve a spot, has been bowling exceptionally well for a period of time, as others have said you could not deny any one in the team their spot, maybe I'm wrong but does a bowler need to roll of for his state's Rachuig team to be legible for FIQ team, I think George pulled out of roll offs to turn "full time amateur". I think we all now the pollitics etc that goes with selecting the FIQ teams & George unfortunately is stuck right in the middle of this.
If George is desperate enough to wear the green & gold their is an avenue for protest, wether it would do any good is another matter.
Someone asked for the criteria to be published publically, I can tell you this criteria means diddly squat, you can meet this criteria down to the ground but if you are not wanted in the team for what ever reason you are simply not going to be selected (personal experience).
George....keep on punching!!!!!!!!
I wish the teams all the best in Malaysia, hopefully medals will come your way
Cheers
Colin

I wonder what George thinks about all this? Has he replied on this topic yet? :? :?:

Congratulations to all making the team, and unlucky George, i'm sure you'll make it next time !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was going to stay out of this one but just thought i would have my say.

No doubt George was unlucky but i think the TBA was stuck in a hard spot with the guys team. As everyone has said everyone in tha guys team deserves it. So if George goes in this post would be about the guy who didnt make it.

Mick Little is in unbelievable form and derseves his spot and i congratulate him on making the team.

Walshy has to go because he has proved himself time in and time out , he has won medals overseas and always performs back home.

Trotter you cant leave him out he is the leading bowler in the country and i like every one was in shock when he missed the cut at NSW i dont remember the last cut that trotter wasnt in.

Muir is restricted in what he bowls in becasue of where he lives, but when he bowls he is nearly always top 3 or 5. Has the shot for overseas.

Frawls, Won koolfoam a month ago and is always up the top is easily one of the best in the Country. He has experience overseas and deserving Capt.

Belmo, well you all know what i am going to say about this guy. My good freind and bloody good bowler will be in the team for the next 40 years :)

that is all i wanted to add..there are always people put out with selection but it is the way it and i think the best way. George knows he is bowling awesome and i know George, he wont let this get him down. there is no doubt one day he will wear the green and gold.

I am good mates with all in the team and i am sure they are going to have a successful trip. Good Luck and bring back a bag full of medals :)

I'm unsure whether this policy still applies to the selection of the national team or not but I thought you had to try out for your state team to be eligible. I could be wrong but if this is the case then as George did not attempt to make the state team due to bowling in a tournament o/s then this may be the reason for his exclusion not to mention the fact that the other bowlers selected are top quality bowlers in there own right.

Scott

George rolled off for Rachuig in 2002 which made him eligible for the team. If he wasnt eligible for the team he would never have made the NTS !!!

George was asked by TBA to cough up $50 to nominate for the NTS. He was asked to do this AFTER the time he started bowling fulltime. Therefore - if we carry on TBA's "rules", George wasnt eligible so therefore they should never have taken his money and told him then and there that he wasn't eligible for team.

They should either refund that money, or at worst, give him a share in Syndicate52.

for the guys wondering what george thinks visit his website (georgefrilingos.com )and you can read what he thinks and also see what he has done in the first 6 months of this year. it is a impressive set of results and shows just how much george wants to bowl for australia.

To all the Guys & Gals who made the team well done! :lol:

How & why George and Nat were left out is a mystery, :?: :?: :?:

Overously politics are playing a big part as they did some years ago!!

Any wonder bowling as a sport finds it hard to move forward when the so called governing body runs it on a personal level instead of a PROFESSIONAL level, for people that run a business I would hate to see them in the real world of business.

Back
Top Bottom