Association Challenge

I would like to take this opportunity to WELCOME all

the teams this weekend to ASPLEY 10 PIN BOWL, those of you who

need to travel STAY SAFE take CARE.

See you all on the weekend, as this is a wonderful Tournament and a GREAT
excuse to have a good time.

WELCOME one and all :rockon:

We're looking forward to catching up with everyone from far and wide and interested to see what the "JESTERS" cook up this year :wedgie:

Hope everyone has a safe trip and look forward to seeing you all Saturday morning!!!

GO BRISBANE

I would like to wish ALL the Assn. Teams the best of luck and good bowling for the weekend ..... I have checked out the fridge supply at Aspley and my XXXX is filled.

Hopefully, the weather will stay fine for those travelling and it should be a HOOT !!

GO CABOOLTURE ..... OK !!!

Flower

Is that Gold Coast residents or visitors????????

Go on .......get stuck in you big bunch of girls....lol:p:p

good luck to all the competitors in this weekends' event - knowing bowlers in most of the teams means our loyalties are spread across the general area, and we wish you all high scores......may the best team win;)

We would like to congratulate all the people involved in the organisation of the dinner lastnight at Kedron Wavell Services Club.

This dinner would have to be the best one so far with absolutely no glitches or hitches (and if there were any, nobody knew about them).

Congratulations to Errol for continuing this awesome tournament and keeping it alive for 16years. Errol said the Association Challenge would not survive without the continued support of the bowlers and although this is true, it must be said that it is very easy to support this tournament when it is run so exhaustively, yet Errol makes it appear effortless. To see Errol receive his gift of appreciation really puts it in perspective when he was presented with two huge photo frames that had all the participation flags from every Association Challenge. We hope to see this tournament continue for many years to come. Again, congratulations to Errol, Donna and all the helpers behind the scenes!!!

As always there are inductees into the realm, in various forms:-

SPORTSMAN
SPORTSWOMAN
LADIES AND SIRS
and of course
THE JESTERS

The Sportsman of the Challenge was Jim Murray (Gold Coast), a very deserving accolade
The Sportswoman of the Challenge was Mary Flower (Caboolture). To see Mary receive a much deserved standing ovation was truly awesome. Mary was so moved by this award and the response from all the people in the room. Her dedication, sincerity and true love of the sport was definitely reflected in the cheers, high fives and monstrous applause. Speaking to Mary later in the evening to offer our personal congratulations Mary was very proud, but yet her humbleness shown through when she said “My Grandson is going to be so proud, he’s gonna love this” :thmbup:

The Ladies and Sirs inductees were “Lady” Kellie Hart (Gold Cost) and “Sir” Nathan Stein (Rockhampton). Congratulations to you both. We are sad to hear that Kellie is planning to retire next year, hopefully she will reconsider and enjoy her accolades a little longer! Hopefully Will might have talked some sense into Grace LOL :secret:

AND

The Jesters latest victim was Paul Lindsay (Ipswich) and Jester for the night was Brendan Meads (Brisbane). Didn’t they all manage to make the evening very COULORFUL….. :rofl:

All in all the evening was great and one of the highlights was MUSICAL CHAIRS. For those of you who enjoy watching children play this old school party game, you’ve seen nothing until you watch adults play musical chairs. :pile: Congrats to Josie Summer and Partner on your win….

Team ReggarsWarmington will be lodging a protest for outside interference from sore losers Dale Stewart & Luke “Pretty Boy” Green LOL :chair:

Thanks again for a wonderful and hugely entertaining night.

We have just come from watching the final few games this morning at Aspley - with some results coming down to the wire! From a spectators point of view it was magic to watch - all the dedication and team determination that you see at the national team challenges - well done to all of you!

Our congratulations to all the winners, and to all who participated. Ashmore have some big shoes to fill next year.......

some very nice shirts too, I must say - Gold Coast, Hervey Bay, Ipswich stand out....(it's a girl thing!)

some very nice shirts too, I must say - Gold Coast, Hervey Bay, Ipswich stand out....(it's a girl thing!)

It must be a girl thing Broni, cause I noticed the Ipswich shirts straight away and was really dissapointed that Brad wasn't in the Brisbane Team this year to do a shirt swap :(

Rachel

YAY TO BRISBANE - YOU GUYS ROCK :punk:

well done to the BRISBANE team. i must say, it appears the ladies carried the men all the way. congratulations to you all, expecially the ladies outstanding team games to be the only team to win every team game in the tournament. well done to the managers for a exceptional win

Congrats. to the Brisbane Chicks for their exceptional win - awesome bowling and it is a pity that Oz Teams do not come from a Team environment these days.

HOWEVER - as a loyal Caboolture bowler, I would like to give a huge cheer for the Caboolture Mens Team with their spirited victory over some very fancied opponents. CABOOLTURE CABOOLTURE CABOOLTURE !!!!!!
It will be a tuff night on Wednesday to get inside the centre doors ...... XXXX for all, I hope.

A cliche I know but the real winner over the weekend was TEAM BOWLING and there is no 'I' in TEAM.

Flower

TO ALL THE BRISBANE BOWLERS - YOU DO INDEED ROCK
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL BUT EXPECIALLY TO COLLEEN AND GREG SHARP - THEY ARE THE HEART AND SOUL OF B.A.T.B.A.....
and ...
wonderful to catch up with everyone again especially the lovely Damien....

Congratulations to the winners of this year's challenge Brisbane.

A HUGE congratulations to the CABOOLTURE teams, some great bowling everybody, you all do our small association proud!!!!

Thankyou to Andrew for the scores !!!!!

Laura

TO ALL THE BRISBANE BOWLERS - YOU DO INDEED ROCK
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL BUT EXPECIALLY TO COLLEEN AND GREG SHARP - THEY ARE THE HEART AND SOUL OF B.A.T.B.A.....

Here, here to that!!!

And we must also thank Andrew for the scores, he has done a fantastic job. We've been able to jump on the net anytime and have scores immediately.

Also a HUGE mention to Aspley 10 Pin Bowl staff and management for running a fine tournament. Seating was great (a little hard on the butt, although for those with a bit of extra padding - not too bad) Food was delicious and fast, fast, fast even an express checkout was opened up for cold drinks, nibblies and anything that didn't need to be made....Good job girls!

A special mention to Mum (Gloria) as we know all the behind the scenes work she has done for months leading up to this weekend with sponsorships etc. She was in a frazzle all last week stressing (for those of you who know Mum, will know that she only stresses a LITTLE) anyway all her hard work paid off and it was great to see everyone taking advantage of the buy one meal, get one free that she arranged with Pub Lovers. We ate for $27.00 that's two adults and two children and full meals - not bad. You'd pay that at Maccas and only get burgers.....

Anyway well done to all who participated and again
Congrats to Brisbane and well done to the girls - your effort was awesome and you were a great team off the lanes also.

P.S. Special thank you from Shontay to the Gold Coast team for her $10 for being their sign bearer. She almost has enough money to buy another Nintendo DS game, so she's stoked. Hopefully next time her and Khynan are asked they wont be so shy. Khynan definately regretted his decision not to hold the Ipswich sign as soon as he saw Shontay's goodie bag :(

Brad and Rachel

Does anyone one know who made the allstars?
Hasn't been updated on QLD Bowling yet.

Thanks,

Craig

Back
Top Bottom