Anyone 'man' enough?

tonx

Looking over the averages at league the other night, there are several bowlers in a "northern suburbs centre" averaging 210+ on the normal house shot.

Is there enough bowlers around the Northcote /Greensborough /Keonpark /Reservoir and surrounding areas that have the interest and the courage to compete in a scratch sports league?

Do these 'scratch' bowlers think a good sport league would improve their games? Are their bowlers of other averages wanting to bowl on tough conditions against the higher averages?

Could a scratch sports league run successfully?

So I take it with 78 views, and no replies, everyone is happy with their house shot averages....

No problems, thought i'd ask. Everyone is happy to bitch about centres being ditches, yet there is no interest in a sport shot league....

You should know by now Tonx that peoples interest in bowling something and actually bowling it are 2 different things :D

Depending on the day, time, cost etc i would be interested in something like that. A sports condition league would be a good challenge.

I know I'm not in victoria, but, I believe the same thing was tried up here tonx and got the same amount of interest. Plainly & simply people would prefer to go in & shoot their 220 averages on ditches than really challenge themselves on sports conditions week in & week out.

As you know Jeff Brigg runs our sports series up here & Queensland and it is still very popular, perhaps a better idea would be something like that in Vic, just to test the waters so to speak.

cruzin said:
Tonx....Mentone Bowl,Mondays @ 8.30 pm....
Chris Mesagno's Sport Condition League.

Unfortunately, Mentone is a hour drive away. It's a great concept, but I think DaleS is right. I must be only one of a few that is bored with averaging 220-230 week in week out by throwing the ball all over the place.

I think I might bitch slap the next person that complains that a score has only been shot because it was on a 'ditch':D

I think that Kinglake sort fits the northern suburbs criteria. So where would this league be set up to run as it could be an interesting way to find out just how well/ordinary you are actually travelling average wise.

Pfft.. you can't bowl on a THS anyway tonx :D

Was discussing something like this at work the other day. If the numbers were there, the logistics wouldn't be an issue from November onwards.

Yeah Tonx I'm man enough.

Only problem is it's a bit more than an hour's drive for me!

Can I prebowl? ;)

Set it up in Werribee... then I'll bowl it!
It's all good in thought but most people don't like to be challenged after they have worked all day, which is fair enough anyway.

I wish we even had a scratch league at Morwell, for me there is no league here to motivate you to improve your game. I would be happy to be the worst bowler in a scratch league and get my butt whipped just to whet the appetite to improve and would then motivate me to bowl in more tournaments etc etc. Handicaps just don't motivate me at all whether i benifit from it or not. Joe has a got a good League concept he has started at Ed Fleming, wish more bowlers and Centres were more interested in a little competition.
Sorry i'm a little bit off topic :)

Sean,
I know its a little off topic but Ross at Sale is trying to start a singles scratch league on Thursdays at 8.30pm. $25 per week.

See ya Friday.

And with the resurface at Sale just having been completed, I must say that it has made an improvement.

So could be worth a go for anybody wanting a scratch league in Gippsland.

Liz

grumpie said:
And with the resurface at Sale just having been completed, I must say that it has made an improvement.

Dont tell me its not needed to loft 3/4 of the lane to hit the pins anymore?

Because *that* would definately be an improvement.....

Or is anyone 'man' enough to come over to Mt Gambier? :), oldish wood surface, century 100(recoat and legends oil coming soon though, yeehah, bring on 1998!!!) None of this fancy pants Kegel stuff here(ah well) Just leave the monster gear you drilled last week at home and get there Monday arvo after i've done the lanes, its lonely practicing banking all my old school gear off the gutter by myself :( :p

The day we have 'injury free' knees, we will be men enough to join any tournaments lol
I am sure our popular Dunn Shield co captain,Jayson will agree with me on this :mrgreen:
House ball must be 'well used' at Mt Gambier Adrian ;) J/k mate.
Alex :D

Back
Top Bottom