Another one for Chris Commane

logo.gif

Strike Me! Chris Is Perfect.
By James Bresnehan - 2nd August 2006

Bowling the perfect game is the dream of most tenpin bowlers.

That's why teenager Chris Commane dropped to his knees and cried with joy when he scored a magical 300 at AMF Bowl in Moonah on Saturday.
But when he did it again on Monday night, all he could do was stand in his lane, stunned.
"I've wanted it for such a long time and I finally got it," said the 18-year-old part-time staffer at the bowling alley.
"It's a really big achievement and I was just so happy to finally reach it when I did it on Saturday.
"To do it twice in three days is just amazing."

In Moonah Bowl's 40 years, the 300 has come up only 20 times.
"I was No. 19 and No. 20, so it's not many in 40 years," he said.

Commane, of West Moonah, is a junior competitor until the end of the year.

0,,5203345,00.jpg

Tenpin bowler Chris Commane celebrates an absolutely perfect few days.
Pic: Raoul Kochanowski

He was taking part in the VIP Classic adult competition on Saturday, which included bowlers from interstate.
"Just making the cut was an awesome achievement for someone my age. I finished sixth," he said.

On Monday, he was a ring-in for the Pompeo's Pizza team in the Wellington League.
"I was still debating whether to bowl or not before I went in the Pompeo's team because I really couldn't be bothered," Commane said.
"But I'm glad I did."
"The fill-in bowler was a smash hit with his new teammates.
"They loved it. They're all nice blokes and they were very proud of me."

Commane started bowling when most kids are still working out how to walk.
"I started when I was 2, crouched down and rolling the ball down a lane. We've got photos of it," he said.

His goal is to be a professional bowler.
"Working part-time at the alley allows me to work on my game and concentrate on competitions," he said.

Commane has bowled 299 twice before -- in February 2002 and April 2006.
"The thing about bowling is that you never know when it's going to happen," he said.
"I won't doubt myself from now on. I know I can do it, so I know there's more to come."

Source: Hobart Mercury

Congratulations Chris. That is a great achievement and one you (and your mum by the sounds of it) can be very proud. Well done. =D> =D>

Nice photo mate!!!!! Well done Chris, its not very often that bowling makes news in hobart, and with a head like that its probably the last time thay will put a photo in!!! Its no wonder you keep shooting 300's when you are that close to the pins!!

This is absolutely freak-ish, and absolutely amazing!

You've put in so much effort into your game, and I'm glad it's payed off so well for you. Congratulations on the big double, and I hope you keep up the awesome bowling.

Bubye

Rowey :p

Back
Top Bottom