Another Bowl hits the dust????

What a shame, the lovely wife and I were exited about making an offer to take it over and move north for a sea change.

Not to worry.
hi john
I always enjoy reading your posts .
always informative and always polite and interesting and always I seem to learn something new off you .
you would definitely make a great manager and your knowledge for new bowlers and im guessing even experienced would be an asset anywhere in this country.
I stopped at this centre last year when I hired a winnnebago and toured the east coast and when I started reading this thread the funny thing is that on the way home I was googling bowling centres to stop at and the Samsung tablet I was using only googled burleigh heads around the gold coast, and against my wife pleas I stopped and tormented myself to several games. As a fairly new bowler to the game my first reactions was is this all they have to play on at the gold coast. extremely shocked on how old the lanes were. on the plus side plenty of parking the Winnebago took up four spots , no one else around , but they did except my tba card and I paid for practice games only. ( 1 lane only ).
one year on I find that reading this thread my Samsung tablet was lying to me all this time and I could of made a few more stops around the gold coast ( if only the google maps were working correctly or if I had not of asked my wife to google bowling centres)
any way its always a pleasure reading your posts.
cheers

Hi Degdos,

Thanks for the kind words. I have been back in bowling now for 3 years, still like a kid in a lolly shop. Learning something new everyday, you never stop.

It is funny to read your post, as you are the only person with a positive comment about the bowl. Sadly the comment is about the carparking and not the service.

Shellharbour Bowl was taken over down our way by one of the best Australian bowlers ever to pick up a ball, the change in the place is huge. Kind of shows what is needed to make a centre tick. Bowling centres are a business, but I believe they are more a sports club and need to be run with that focus.

Thanks again.

So who is that John, Batson?

If it is say hello for me, we worked together at Bankstown in 87, was good as a Manager, made things happen, people seem to be drawn to him like a Magnet. It's a pity AMF didn't appreciate his skills, I worked with many Managers over my 38 years in Bowling Centres, boy did I work with a lot of DUD Managers, did more harm than good, I could write a Book.

willey

So who is that John, Batson?

If it is say hello for me, we worked together at Bankstown in 87, was good as a Manager, made things happen, people seem to be drawn to him like a Magnet. It's a pity AMF didn't appreciate his skills, I worked with many Managers over my 38 years in Bowling Centres, boy did I work with a lot of DUD Managers, did more harm than good, I could write a Book.

willey

Andrew Frawley & Paul Delaney run Shellharbour bowl these days.

Hey Jason,

That is a shame, I started looking at other Bowling Centre for sale accross Australia, I was surprised at how many centres there are.

When asking friends local to them about the centre that are currently for sale, the responce appears to be the same, " not run well and the staff don't seam to care". It's a shame, is that the underlying issue with bowling just there. It is an expensive sport, you need to receive great services for your expensive outlay!

Drove past today. Whole new building and yes, Fanplastic Furniture and something else is there.

Hi Degdos,

Thanks for the kind words. I have been back in bowling now for 3 years, still like a kid in a lolly shop. Learning something new everyday, you never stop.

It is funny to read your post, as you are the only person with a positive comment about the bowl. Sadly the comment is about the carparking and not the service.

Shellharbour Bowl was taken over down our way by one of the best Australian bowlers ever to pick up a ball, the change in the place is huge. Kind of shows what is needed to make a centre tick. Bowling centres are a business, but I believe they are more a sports club and need to be run with that focus.

Thanks again.
hi john
I agree totally all bowling centres should run with that focus in mind.

As this thread mentions good and bad managers I would like to ask how many managers actually put safety first for there employees especially for there techs. Ive seen a couple of very unsafe acts and from the industry im from they would be instant dismissal or at the very best final warnings. I apologise for any negatives here but ive not yet seen a thread on this site where safety for techs are spoken about with all the moving parts out the back and unforseen dangers of a 15 lb ball hurling down the lane whilst they are trying to retrieve or fix isolated problems. On the positive side of not heard of any injuries .

Sorry to bore people with this but safety has been a big focus in my industry of late

hi john
I agree totally all bowling centres should run with that focus in mind.

As this thread mentions good and bad managers I would like to ask how many managers actually put safety first for there employees especially for there techs. Ive seen a couple of very unsafe acts and from the industry im from they would be instant dismissal or at the very best final warnings. I apologise for any negatives here but ive not yet seen a thread on this site where safety for techs are spoken about with all the moving parts out the back and unforseen dangers of a 15 lb ball hurling down the lane whilst they are trying to retrieve or fix isolated problems. On the positive side of not heard of any injuries .

Sorry to bore people with this but safety has been a big focus in my industry of late
The best safety is achieved by people taking responsibility for their own safety, and putting their brain into gear first and foremost as they work -- as opposed to relaxing because someone else has a 'duty' to keep them safe. If you fall off a roof you don't land softer, because the boss should have tied you on and erected safety barriers and provided a soft landing.

Back
Top Bottom