Another Bowl hits the dust????

I had a bowl there last year when I was on holidays, old centre has its charm, wooden lanes & approaches and has the manual bumpers its like its stuck in a time warp. Looks like the whole complex is up for auction not just the centre.

Bowled there a few times over the years - Pleasant memories.......... Weren't the Nationals held there? 10 or so years ago?

Don't know about the auction......
I'd love to see it re-opened under professional management. Most of us on the Gold Coast bowled there at one time or another.
But I guess you can't re-create the past, most of the league bowlers relocated to either Tweed, Robina or Ashmore.
Personally I believe the decline in popularity could be laid fairly and squarely at the feet of the centre management, you have to show some form of interest in what goes on in the League bowlers world....

Sounds like it survived purely on tourist trade and social bowling, obviously wasn't sustainable in the end. I guess when your not keeping up with the times with equipment then you'll ultimately be left behind hence why the league bowlers probably went elsewhere.

http://www.totalbowling.com.au/community/threads/gold-coast-superbowl-burleigh-qld.3285/
Don't know about the auction......
I'd love to see it re-opened under professional management. Most of us on the Gold Coast bowled there at one time or another.
But I guess you can't re-create the past, most of the league bowlers relocated to either Tweed, Robina or Ashmore.
Personally I believe the decline in popularity could be laid fairly and squarely at the feet of the centre management, you have to show some form of interest in what goes on in the League bowlers world....
Could issues like the ones mentioned in this old thread been the start of its demise ?
http://www.totalbowling.com.au/community/threads/gold-coast-superbowl-burleigh-qld.3285/

I never read this thread which is nearly 10 years old....
The info sounds very familiar though. I stopped bowling there when Grand Prix League started to decline, after that I only had contact trying to persuade management to participate in Regional events and To pass on information regarding State events.
So to answer the question, yes I think you are absolutely correct regarding the start of the demise.

G'Day,

Do any of the local area bowlers know if the center has been stripped out, or is it just sitting there un-used?

Just looked up the Burleigh address for Fantastic Furniture. It is 36 Kortum Drive. Just looked up address of Burleigh Bowl - Guess what ?, It is 36 Kortum Drive.
You got it in one, Doreen.

What a shame, the lovely wife and I were exited about making an offer to take it over and move north for a sea change.

Not to worry.

Back
Top Bottom