AMF Brisbane Grand Prix Circuit

Cleo,

Perhaps you should change your name to Coward.

I see nothing wrong with the way Steve has approached the situation whether it be on here or through other channels. There is no negativity of any description in anything of what he has done or said in his post or the way he has approached it.

Next time you wake up and decide to be a coward and post under a no name profile, perhaps you should roll over and go back to sleep. Nothing shits people more on this site than someone like you.

If this was supposed to be a personal attack on Steve in a hope to get people to follow in your imaginary footsteps then pal you were very wrong.

The only thing I agree with in your post is-
CLEO said:
Rather than always whining and complaining about how things should or shouldn't happen.

The only thing Steve will whine and complain about is when he has to hand over 500 bucks to me at the end of the year Hey Steve. :lol:

So perhaps you had a bad day yesterday, but I suggest you wake up today and rethink you steps of yesterday and choose another path.

It will only come back and bite you on the ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jase
(aka Captain Free hook)

greenslope cup

is there an entry for out on the greenslopes cup on 20th feb. if it is posted i obviously need to put my glasses on. in any case could i please have an entry form sent to me by either fax ~ (02)6643 1821 or email ~ [email protected]. this would be most appreciative as i have a handful of players that are interested in playing. :wink:

Ash you are probably better off contacting Darren at AMF Redcliffe in Brisbane. Or better still calling the bowl directly.

AMF Grand Prix Circuit

After searching the archives of the 2004 Grand Prix flyers, it would appear confusion was the winner. The debated area is whether the Queensland Cup was part of the Brisbane Grand Prix Points. On the original Greenslopes Classic flyer it did display the Brisbane Region Bowling Circuit 2004 Tournament Calendar inwhich the Queensland Cup was promoted, however there was never any mention of the Grand Prix circuit on this flyer or any other flyer for that matter.
It has been decided therefore to pay the original placings posted on this site, and furthermore because of the confusion it has also been decided to add back the points for the Queensland Cup and do an adjusted payout for those standings.
Winners of the AMF Grand Prix Circuit 2004 with QLD CUP
1st Adam Lack
2nd Carl Bottomley
3rd Tony Hamilton
4th Darryl Alford
Cheques have been ordered and should be out soon.
Once again the 2005 AMF Grand Prix Circuit will only include points obtained from the 7 centre Tournaments and will NOT include the Queensland Cup.
This years Points for top 10 placings will be posted on this site after each round.
For further information contact AMF Redcliffe
Cheers

Hi Dufus

Just wondering if you could email the points standings from last year would like to see the whole list. Thanks

Also can you advise on how the points system is being worked. (eg 1st place get 100 points and works it way down or is there a points table being used to allocate the points)

Cheers

Andrew

email is [email protected] or fax to 3350 6144

AMF Grand Prix Circuit

Hi Andrewbc
The Points system for the Grand Prix Circuit is as follows:
1st 75 points
2nd 74 points
3rd 73 points
etc.
The points go down to 26 where after that all remaining entries receive 25 points for participating.
I will fax you a copy of Last years results however it is a little difficult to read my copy hope it faxes okay.
Cheers

Before the Greenslopes Cup 2 years ago when we got a large number of entries (70+?), the tournaments prior - apart from the Redcliffe City Open - were struggling to get the numbers. Some tournaments were running with less than 20 bowlers.

My main concern was to get the numbers up - which we did. It was never my intention to have a points system - but someone within AMF kept a track of the results from each tournament and released the points. I never even knew about it until after the Redcliffe City Open 2003 :). AMF paid the results and that was fine. Then last year there was no intention of having a points tally, just to continue growing the numbers, and again it was compiled elsewhere.

So yes the QLD Cup was included on a list of AMF tournaments to bowl in, and it sort of explains why there was absolutely no mention of a points system on the entry forms. If there was a points system, it shouldnt have included the QLD Cup, but ultimately it was the decision of Darren and whoever else was involved at AMF to include it for the points.

Just thought id let everybody know why there was a bit of confusion over it all. Glad Darren has it sorted for next year and everyone knows that there ARE points for next year. Good luck, im glad the Brisbane tournaments are back to getting good numbers. :)

Back
Top Bottom