Western Open 8th May ( Richlands)
Cannon Hill Cup 29th May
Brisbane Cup 3rd July (Mt Gravatt)
Kedron Cup 28th August
Capalaba Cup 13th November
Redcliffe City Open 10th & 11th December

Hope this helps with your planning.

Isn't the Queensland Cup counted in the circiut this year? :shock:
Also what where the final standings for 2004 Bowler of the Year points and is there a payout as in previous years?

Hamster

Hey Gerbill, ive already asked that question, also sent Amf 3 emails and still no response. I mean thats why people bowl the circuit isnt it???. Not 1 points total was posted last year, not even in there montly news letter, however i think Adam Lack won 2004, im not quite sure, maybe if the person who did win it could post to say whether they recieved anything. Yet i bet they still want us to show up and bowl in there tornaments, when they cant even look after it in the first place.

Here 1 for you DB2
What is the reward for bowling in the Grand Prix???????

Also is there any incentives for bowling in all 6?????????

Maybe non Amf centers could produce there own circuit and then we would have some competition, that could be a win win for the bowlers.

Hi

Adam doesn't know either....no one knows! If we find out, we'll post the results.

We'll let you know if we know.

Kyles

Last i knew AMF didnt have final results for all of events last year. cause i was chasing some results of the brisbane cup but couldnt get them anywhere.

So working out points might be hard if they didnt kepep any record

Have tracked down the results for the Brisbane Grand Prix Circuit 2004 and cheques will be posted to the top 4 places. the results are as follows:

1st. Carl Bottomley 499
2nd. Adam Lack 446
3rd. Tony Hamilton 428
4th. Bruce Doig 395
Steve Hampson 395
6th Rudy Turoczi 393
Darryl Alford 393
8th. Shayne Melton 388
9th. Mark Sheehan 349
10th Ben Coupland 335

Anyone wanting full results can ring Redcliffe and I will fax them out or mail a copy.
The 2005 season will be looked after by myself and the payout will happen straight after the Redcliffe City Open in Dec. I will post top 10 after each tournament on this site.

The Dates for the Capalaba Cup and the Western Open will change as not to clash with other tournaments and I will post as soon as they become available to me.

The Queensland Cuop did not make up the Grand Prix Circuit in 2004
and will not be a part of the Grand Prix 2005, however it is part of the AMF SUPER SIX 2005

And as a final i would have thought that the incentive to bowl in all SEVEN tournaments would have been the very thing I just posted.

Cheers

I was certain that the QLD Cup was a part of the Brisbane Grand Prix Circuit last year (2004)...I am 99% sure it was listed to be anyway.

Shame that it's not this year - no doubt it would provide a little bit of an extra incentive for more bowlers to bowl the QLD Cup, even if only a little incentive it's better than nothing. Especially when you consider the numbers that the QLD Cup attracted last year as compared to the rest of the Super 6 Tournaments. Extra incentive seems to be needed going by that.

I hope the Brisbane Circuit goes well this year, and that more bowlers get behind it. It's a great opportunity to improve yourself against some good bowlers.

Cheers.

Timmee said:
I was certain that the QLD Cup was a part of the Brisbane Grand Prix Circuit last year (2004)...I am 99% sure it was listed to be anyway.

No, it wasnt. There were 7 events, with the Brisbane Cup at Mt Gravatt - not the Qld Cup - that was part of the Brisbane Circuit.

I'm hoping to be ready for the Greenslopes tournament. I'm very excited to be getting back into the sport.

Very good luck to all that enter.

OK Graham that's fair enough.

But why was the QLD Cup listed on the 2004 AMF Brisbane Region Bowling Circuit Calender (on the back of any of the 2004 entry forms - take the 2004 Greenslopes Classic as an example) if it wasn't a part of the Grand Prix Circuit? As far as I can tell, the calender on the back lists the Grand Prix Tournaments, and using standard intuition you would assume, looking at the entry forms, that it includes the QLD Cup. It doesn't say otherwise? It lists, in order,

Greenslopes Classic
Western Open
Cannon Hill Cup
Queensland Cup
Brisbane Cup
Kedron Cup
Capalaba Cup
Redcliffe City Open

It's really not an issue whether the QLD Cup is included or not. But if it's not, don't put it on the back of the Entry form for the Grand Prix Circuit. And anyway, as I said before, it may provide a little more incentive for some more bowlers to bowl it if it was included on the circuit. Not much, but at least some. The QLD Cup needs as many as it can get.

Cheers.

The Queensland Cup is one of the premier events in the State, and should be a must-bowl for anyone serious about the sport. To suggest that this tournament needs incentives for locals to bowl in it is, IMO, a bit silly.

Robbie I agree with you entirely. I would reckon that it is THE premier tournament in the state. So why the lack of numbers participating? If incentives for locals aren't needed then we should be seeing lots more locals participating. The biggest reason people have seemed to come up with is lane conditions, and in general how dry they are even for the Qld Cup. The Kegel will be conditioning the lanes this year, and it's at a different centre to the last two years. So hopefully we'll see some changes making a difference for the better. And hopefully bowlers will support these changes. You can't really expect much from a tourmament if bowlers don't support the efforts being made by the organisers.

Anyway let's just see what happens this year.

all i can say is that at least amf has picked a half decent centre to hold the QLD Cup this year

Steve

If you look at the Grand Prix circuit with objectivity that only comes from someone who loves the sport and is greatful for the opportunity to bowl in whatever is available to them, it would serve as a reminder to be a little more positive rather than negative when posting on this site.

It would perhaps stand you in good stead amongst your fellow bowlers that when you posted, you had something factual, informative and even helpful to add in relation to tenpin bowling in Qld.

Rather than always whinning and complaining about how things should or shouldn't happen. Pehaps, you could put your thoughts not your mouth into action (as it so often does) and plan a new tournament circuit with the independant proprietors as you mentioned in your post. That would be something positive to do instead of always slagging off and nitpicking those organisers that are currently providing a service to you and your fellow bowlers.

I believe that as a state we are very lucky to have the support of AMF in running the Grand Prix circuit. We also have the Twin Tour and the Sports Series. Far more bowling than many other states in Australia. We also have a large number of tournaments run throughout Qld off their own back because the sport of bowling is the number 1 priority.

AMF, Twin Tour, Sports Series and tournaments are providing a fantastic service to the bowlers of Qld and I am sure they are not becoming millionaires by doing so.

The bottom line is, whether or not you agree or disagree at how these tournaments are run this is not the medium to vent your frustration. Get on the phone talk to people, send emails of the less critical nature and then you may find that people may listen to what you have to say, can't guarantee that though you may have already burned your bridges.

One day with all of your negativity, you just might bite off the hand that feeds us all, then you will be the one who gets all of the negative posts.

"Be grateful for what you have, not cynical for what you don't"

ahh i love those people who start new profiles just to bag out another person, i thought you had to put your name to your posts, you just got on your new handle and your first post is to slag me, geez if you wanted to do that you could of just rang me, instead you chose to hide????

My thoughts are my thoughts, i just thought the Grand Prix was run poorly last year, previous years there were trophies handed out to the winners, only a couple were last year, there were no points total at all to view after any tornament, yeah i whinge and complain and im learning to express it in other ways, but as i said in previous posts, with Dareen fagg looking after it this year, i beleave it will be run better.

To CLEO , just a couple of things 1st up if u want to give someone a spray go right ahead but at least put your name to it!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd i have run the sports series from the beginning and have had many talks with steve about ways of improving tournament bowling, he has plenty of idea's and may not post them on here but i am sure he has talked to other people who run tournaments and has put his idea's to them.

now u might have a personal reason why u attacked steve but from what i have read steve was trying to fix a problem that he had with the amf tournament, as someone who runs a series i want bowlers to tell me if something is wrong so i can fix the problem before it becomes a major problem that may cost u bowlers.

jeff brigg

I have no idea who Steve is, but without people like him who are willing to stand up and have say, we'd be left with what you obviously think is a mediocre circuit. I for one am looking forward to competing in it. And I congratulate Steve for putting the sport above himself. Tenpin Bowling needs more friends like Steve.

I love it when people get on here and try to mask a personal vendetta against someone with a pretend love of the sport!
"I know what i will do, i will bag Steve and pretend he is hurting the sport and that way i will not look like such a knob for having a personal stab at him on an open forum and hiding behind a nickname"
GOT NEWS FOR YA CLEO! IT DIDN"T WORK! :lol:

I have read Steves post a couple of times and i struggle to see how you got so offended? He just seemed to be asking a question that wasn't getting answered. I for one know that he wasn't the only person wondering the answer, and as far as his post reads he did try to get the answer through the correct channels 3 times!
Looks like it worked in the end anyway because now we all know what the standings are for last year. So thanks for that Steve!

Oh bye the way Steve good luck with this one:
Pehaps, you could put your thoughts not your mouth into action (as it so often does) and plan a new tournament circuit with the independant proprietors as you mentioned in your post.

Apparently you are meant to start a new tournament circuit Steve, but you are only allowed to use ESP to communicate with the centre proprietors. Good luck Buddy! :lol: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom