Upcoming events in QLD

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
I've searched high and low and have come up with the following list to take us through to the end of the year. Please feel free to add any tournaments I have left out. This is QLD based schedule with the big National events included.............

Sep 22/23 - Kedron Black and White Cup - Kedron

Sep 29/30 - Hammer Classic - Ballina

Oct 6/7 - Twin Tour - Mt Warren

Oct 13/14 - Greenslopes Cup - Greenslopes

Oct 20/21 - Gympie Open - Gympie

Oct 27 - Caboolture Cup - Caboolture

Oct 21/Nov 3 - Australian Championships (Canberra)

Nov 2/3 - Australian Masters

Nov 2/4 - Suncity Open - Currajong (Townsville)

Nov 10/12 - Capalaba Knock Out Cup - Capalaba

Nov 18 - Caboolture Twin Tour - Caboolture

Nov 24/25 - Wide Bay Grand Prix - Bundaberg Rum City Classic

Nov/Dec 30/1/2 - Redcliffe City Open - Redcliffe

December 7/8/9 - Brunswick Australian Cup - Canberra

Feel free to add some more...........

Hey George
Anyone looking to bowl on the 29th & 30th
september then make your way to BALLINA.
We will be holding the 2001 HAMMER CHALLENGE
Qualifying will be bowled in 3 squads on saturday over 12 games. The top 18 will play
matchplay on sunday.
Entry fee will be $150, First $1000+ball-
18th,$195. Entry Forms will be in bowls next
week.

Sounds good Jase, just tell Cameron not to shut me and the other lefties out, or he'll pay!!! Also could re-racks be upped to 5 per game, we all know what the racks are like in Beautiful Ballina. The racks are like a box of choclates, you just don't which one your going to get.......

Look forward to seeing the entry forms
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

George, you can add the Western Ladies Classic to that list - September 2nd, at Richlands.

Also, if anyone has a contact at Kedron they should email that list to them - at the moment they are planning on rescheduling the Grand Prix event to the 13/14 October, which clashes nicely with the Caboolture Cup.

Anyone have the date for the Redcliffe Open?

Gday Jason,
Just wondering if this is the same as the hammer tournie that Besty held last year at Maryborough?
Thanks....
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif

Dwambo .. yes it is the same hammer tourney .. just this year to celebrate (??) Jasons first year on the Hammer staff he is organising down his way.

I'm not sure if they are going the whole hog (hammer towels etc) again this year but i'm sure it will get the numbers for the pure novelty of it .. wonder if Mick is coming back to defend.

Graham,
Thanks for the info!!!!!!I would say that Mick will be there.And how about somebody getting entry forms to the centres please.

thanks......Dwambo
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif

dwambo, entry forms were sent out today so keep an eye out at your local centres.
The format is totally different from last year. There will be matchplay but there will be three bowlers per-match it should be very interesting!!

Hey Jason,
Are u going to reply to my email that I sent u??
icon_biggrin.gif

I have edited my first post, you will now find all the events I know to take us through to the rest of the year. Feel free to post more info if you know of something else which is on.

George

Just thought I'd bump the topic up to let fellow Queenslanders know what's coming up. Just a few things to note

# You can still get really cheap flights to Townsville for $264 return, accom can be at my oldies house to cut costs

# If we don't support Gympie it may die the same death as Gladstone so please let's get behind this one.

# If you are interested in bowling the events or intend to bowl one, please ring the centre and tell them. Centres cancel events because lack of entries before the event. It makes things so much easier if you at least ring them and let them know.

See you all at Gympie and Greenslopes!!!!
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

Hi George, on the subject of Townsville, the Sun City Open is filling fast, B squad is filled, so anyone out there Trevor Bouker and Rob Buckley don't forget to get your entry in quickly.See you in November
Cheers Judy Hunt
icon_smile.gif
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham W:
Any idea on the numbers for Gympie ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Graham,
I will be there to donate my $143.00 to the winner.
icon_smile.gif

Hi George

As at today, Wednesday lunchtime, Capalaba had 26 entries. They are expecting more entries when everyone returns from the excitement of Canberra and Townsville.
Based on these numbers, the tournament is still looking at going ahead.

This is the 2nd last stop on the AMF qld circuit with the final stop for this season being redcliffe.

May the bowling gods be with us all - see you all at Capalaba.

Cheers

Jon King
icon_smile.gif

Hi George
As of the 5/11/01 Harry said they have about 22 starters so far.

Also don't forget to get your entry in for the Milton Tenpin Open on the 15th & 16th Dec.
$70.00 for 15 games. Ph 3369 2488

Hey george man it is zach

just thought i would let yah know Kirwan Tenpin is holding the NQ open for juniors on the 8th and 9th. We have got some entries from all round QLD and should be aweas.

chao thanx.......zach
icon_razz.gif

Back
Top Bottom