Accommodation near Cannington?

milkman

Are any Perth people able to advise what accommodation is available near Cannington for the tournament in Feb/March ?

Some names and numbers would be appreciative.

Im also sorry to hear that Perth is the most unliked place to live in Australia, according to a recent survey. I also heard that Perth has been described as the "most isolated city of its size in the Western World". Having never been to Perth, reading this makes me feel a little hesitant to make the trip across. :)

Ok, as for the hotels. The best thing to do is go to

www.whitepages.com.au then under these headings type

Family/Business Name - Hotels
Suburb/Town - Cannington, or Perth
State - WA
Area - Metropolitan
Search Type - Business

That should basically come up with a list of hotels in and near cannington. The ones i can think of a the Burswood hotel and the sheraton, but they can be expensive.

As for the whole Perth not being cool or whatever, Its only coz its very expensive to travel here and so on. I think Perth is great, and you should have a good time over here.

Well i hope this helps in anyway, see you at Cannington Cup
Later
Adrian

2 places that come to mind are....

Bentley Motor Inn 08 94516344
and
Astralodge Motel 08 93519988

Both are on Albany Hwy and only about a block or two from Cannington Bowl. Don't think they are too expensive either if ya willing to bum it a little

I agree with Adrian - Perth is only disliked cause it is so $$$$$ to travel here. And yeah it is isolated - I mean there is a desert between the east and west coast. But there are some great places to see and the cost of living in itself makes you want to stay. I have been here 6 years - ex Sydney - and don't regret the move at all !!

If you do decide to travel over good luck in the cup.

Cheers
CJ 8)

Hi guys, i have been looking into going to perth for this aswell. I'm looking at the Metro Hotel in South Perth. The other place i found was the InterCity Motel in Belmont. Both of these seem to have rates around $100 per night but you would need to check. Looking at the maps on the net it seems to be just around the corner from the bowl and not too far from the airport.

Has anyone heard anything about the entry form and format for the Cannington Cup?

Im not sure yet if im going but if there is a spare bed i would look at sharing aswell.

Brett

Might be an idea to call Paul at Cannington, he may be able to get someone to put you up. Will save some $$. I may be able to help, however I do have some people staying already, will see how the rooms get filled. I'll keep you posted if I hear of any spare beds going as well.
Stax

Graham
I'll be keeping Fiday clear so if you need a lift, or have a few arriving at the same time let me know, I should be able to help out. Yes its about 10-15 minutes to Cannington from the airport. Where areyou staying?
Stax

I think there would be a few bowlers here happy to give anyone a lift from the airport, myself included as i have the thursday and friday off work, if they need it, just to save money on taxis etc.

so if anyone is in need of a lift then let me know.. i'd be happy to help out, as we are all here for the same reason, to bowl this event. :)

Gee I am glad to see the West Aussies are still willing to give anyone a helping hand. I haven't been home for a while and looking forward to getting there and to bowl at Cannington.
Nat :D :D

Hi,

Firstly l would like to say thanks to for all the details on places to stay.

I am still looking for a motel / hotel to stay at.

Is someone able to advise of some of the surrounding suburbs, and if staying in Perth is to far from the bowl, and other things, like restaurants.

Ambassador Hotel in Perth is offering rooms at $85 per night. If you let me now I'd be happy to book your accommodation.

There is public transport at their doorstep which will take you straight to Cannington.

And it's directly opposite Fairlanes - great opportunity to try out the lanes before Perth Cup.

Best of luck to everyone in the Super Six Tournament.

Sue@fairlanes

Back
Top Bottom