2004 WA Junior/Youth Circuit

Luke D

The Reflecting God
I am pleased to announce that WA will have its own Junior/Youth Circuit for 2004.

Format –
This is a 6 games singles scratch event for Junior and Youth Males and Females. The winner will be decided on highest pinfall. There will be 2 divisions, 1 Male and 1 Female division. Minimum of 10 entries per division. If there is less than 10, then Males and Females will be combined (in this case Females will get some pins per games just to make it a bit fairer – it is still undecided how many pins per game they will receive or whether the pins per game will be dependant on the females averages). If a tie occurs for 1st after the 6 games then a 10th frame roll-off will decide the winner. If a tie for a position, other than first, occurs then all monies will be shared evenly.

Fees & Prizes – The Entry Fee will be $45 per event with $27 for linage and $18 to go into the prize fund.

Prize Fund (based on 20 bowlers each division)
1st - $150
2nd - $90
3rd - $50
4th - $40
5th - $30

Prize fund subject to change. Talks of sponsorship for each tournament have occurred and will be confirmed as soon as possible, and payouts will be updated shortly after. Other prize payouts for high game (both male and female) and highest non-cashing bowler + handicap (to give the lower average bowlers and incentive to bowl in each event) have not been decided or confirmed as of yet.

Also a $20 Annual Registration Fee will be required by all bowlers wishing to participate. This will cover the overall standings prize fund, and the extra costs for linage (6 games linage is $27.60 @ $4.60 per game).

Tournament Conditions –
This tournament circuit is open to all Junior and Youth bowlers who are TBA Registered Players.
Juniors must be under the age of 18 and Youth bowlers must be under the age of 23 as at the 1st January 2004.
All games will be bowled in accordance with TBA rules and regulations.
Bowlers must wear acceptable attire : Either dress trousers, shorts for the males, skirts or shorts for the females. Collared shirts with sleeves are required for all bowlers. Jeans, trackpants, cargo pants, hats, caps, collarless shirts and shirts with another bowlers name on will not be permitted.
The Tournament Director reserves the right to check any bowler’s equipment at any time. Any equipment found to breach TBA regulations will result in disqualification with no claim on any proze money.
Any discrepancies or rules not covered will be up to the Tournament Director.
Please note : the TBA Code of Conduct will be enforced during each tournament.

Tournament Dates -
- Sunday 21st March @ Fairlanes City.
- Sunday 2nd May @ Superbowl Warwick
- Sunday 1st August @ AMF Cannington Lanes
- Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th September @ AMF Cannington Lanes (State Championships – This will be the highest 6 games from the State Championships. A bowler must bowl at least 2 different events from Singles, Doubles, or Teams. If a bowler bowls 2 squads of singles, for example, then his highest 3 game series will count, but still must bowl either doubles or teams for the remaining 3 games.)

Other Youth Tournaments (not yet included in circuit) –
- Sunday 13th June @ AMF Rockingham – Challenge Ford Cup
- Saturday 30th & Sunday 31st October @ AMF Craigie – Youth & Junior Classic.

Overall Standings –
To calculate the overall standings, the 3 highest 6 game series will count, allowing a bowler to drop their lowest series. Prize fund for this will be confirmed at a later date.

I will try and have entry forms out for the first tournament in the next week or two. Look forward to see as many bowlers as possible turn up for the first tournament to help kickstart this circuit and hopefully keep it going for more than just this year.

If any bowlers have any questions then feel free to ask me either by email ( either [email protected] OR [email protected] [this is my work email, so during the day i will reply almost immediately]) or on my mobile 0402580126, or post here if you would be interested in bowling this just for an idea of numbers.

Thanks,

Luke Dick.

See you all (hopefully) at Fairlanes on March 21st :D

Hey guys,
Its good to see wa have its own youth circuit. Does any no if shane will bowl it (hope u do mate). gOOD NEWS DIKO, im bowling it so long as i have the money so im in, any 1 else??

l8r

Yeah i'll be up for the $45 entry every 2 months.
Great to see a Youth circuit around in the WA area and hopefully this promotes more of the younger guys to rise up to the higher ranks to bowl in these tournaments.
It will be great experience for everyone and also the 6 game format leaves it open for ANYONE who has a good day to take the first place money.

This has just been confirmed.

The first event at Fairlanes City will be on Sunday March 21st starting at 10am. Check-in by 9.30am.

Also, as a bit of a bonus, the Fairlanes Tenpin Bowling Association has agreed to put in $250 to sponsor this event.

A big thank you to Sue and all the other members of the FTBA for their generous donation.

Hopefully this will attract a few more bowlers who wouldn't mind picking up a little bit of extra $$$ :D

Entry forms will be out very shortly as there is no more than 5 weeks to go until the 2004 Junior/Youth Circuit kicks off.

Luke.

Back
Top Bottom