A successful experiment(or trial and error teaches you lots)

AdrianS

This is the future!!!
Ok, i like messing around with older equipment, and it doesn't get much older than my newly ressurected Crush/R. Just to see what it would do i brought my old one back to life after 6 yrs of sitting around. The main difference was i tried a combo of finger and thumb pitches that i'd never combined before, namely 1/2 inch reverse and 1/2 away on the thumb( normal 3/8 rev 1/4 away) and 1/4 inch forward on the fingers with no grips(1/8 more than normal with grips) Now a 1/4 inch is a fair whack of forward pitch and alot of guys would hit up on it too much, but with no inserts and the quick thumb release the ball gets out on to the lane easy without getting dropped short(an old problem of mine) or hit up on(because the fingers aint there for long enough)As a result of this my swing just loosens up like it hasn't for a long time, not only with this ball but my other stuff too. The reaction of this thing is so good its headed straight for the tourney bag(drilled 3x3, statics 1/8 neg side 1/4 finger) So the lesson is don't abandon every old ball you've got, blow the dust off one every now and then, use a bit of educated guesswork and you could be very pleasantly surprised, if it's more than 6-12 months(or 10 yrs!) old so what. You can have a reaction that no one else has, with a good chance of keeping yourself out of bother when the new stuff is putting on the left turn signals and bashing the beak.

Me thinks AdrianS suffers from the old "paralysis by analysis" syndrome.

Stop searching for that "magic drilling" and just throw the darn ball mate. Or better yet, come see me and I'll give you a week of my coaching time ....FREE

Wasn't quite a case of that that mate, i just used 8 words where 2 would have done, the analysis comes after i'm done these days not in the middle of things. Here's what i was meant to type. I tried something different, i liked the result and i'll probably use it again down the line. That's even easy for techno-junkies like me to understand!!!!!

the 2nd maddest professer(behind Robbie B)

Adrian Shelton :-# [-X :-k :drinking:

Back
Top Bottom