A plea to the Australian bowling community re: Australian youth team

I know there has been many members viewing this thread and they may not be in a position to donate any funds but if anyone has any other ideas to help the team please PM me and offer your suggestions freely. Even if you think its silly it may just be something to work with.
I have had offers from Proshops of Products to raise money with.
Some have even offered to organise High profile Rugby players guersneys to auction. Anything and everything counts.
So just PM me and I will consider anything. Thanks.

Dozza

I realise this question isn't actually that important, but I'd be interested to know (and yes, I voted to support this with several organisations I'm a part of);

How much are we hoping to raise?

I imagine raising funds for any event is a huge job on it's own, I am wondering what kind of things have to be covered for a group of Jnr Bowlers? I'm assuming this covers travel expenses like airfares & transfers, accomodation, meals? Insurance? I am just beginning to bowl a social League & have no idea on what things need to be covered when a team plays interstate let alone internationally. The mind boggles!

Good luck with the funds raising, It looks like you have lots of support so far which is oustanding to see. Also good luck with the preparation in whole as well as the event when it finally comes around. What an excitng adventure for these youngsters to represent themselves, each other & the country as well as travel across the world! Bless all your cotton socks!

I may have sounded presumptious with my goal of $40000 but when I worked it out with only 20 something donations bringing the total to over $3350 it isn't really that far off. Thanks again for your support.
Thanks to Totalbowling.
Dozza

Dozza I'm a firm believer in you can achieve anything you put your Heart, Soul and Belief into. These young guys and girls will do us proud when they go away whether we raise $4000 or $40,000 so don't lower your aim.
Keep those $$$$$$ coming.
Cindy Donnelly
Garden City Lanes.

I agree.

When i started this tread i had know idea it was going to turn into this. For once in my life im glad i opened my mouth. ( and that is a big statement lol). I agree with Dorianna. Lets go for the max and hey if we get more than the $40000 needed it can sit there for the next Australian youth team. Like ive said over and over again., If we cant help our own we have no chance.

Phil

Hey Guys

I just wanted to say thank you so much for everything your doing. Every little bit helps and it's wonderful to see everyone behind us.

Thanks
Louise

Holt Challenge National ExCo

To the Australian Youth Team,

The Holt Challenge Inc National Committee would like to donate $500.00 towards the expenses of the bowlers forming the Australian team to this year's World Youth Championships.

I have been to a couple of these and I know it is certainly an experience and a half.

I would like to personally add another $500.00 conditional upon TBA,

1. acknowledging that a so-called "rebellious breakaway group" are supporting a TBA team to an international event and
2. TBA put the The Holt Challenge Inc National Committee logo up, like everybody else's, on their website. They have stated that all supporters have free space on the website for two months and we wish to take up this offer.

The Holt Challenge Inc National Committee and all it's members wish this team the best of luck in it's persuit of gold in the USA.

We wish to also put down a challenge to all associations to equal or better our donations in order to give this team the best opportunity to prove themsevles on the world stage.

To everyone who has donated I fully thank you for your support it is great to see the bowling community come together and support us!!

and to Dozza and everyone who arranged this thanks we could not of done it with out you!

Thanks Peter!!!

And what a challenge!!! And how long has this group been around???

Remember any size contribution will be gladly accepted.
Why not pass the hat around at league next time you bowl.
Lucky numbers always works - sell 100 numbers at $2- each, payout $100 prize and send in the other $100.
If every centre donated $200 imagine how much could be raised.
Ask you centre manager/proprietor for some support.
We all know these kids or know of them.
Guys this could be you next asking for support so please do what you can.
Remember every supporter will receive free advertising for 2 months at the TBA website.
If you can organise a raffle I could arrange a prize.

I'm receiving so much support so I'm on a mission but I need your help.

Dozza

Thanks so much to everyone who has donated and everyone who will donate. It's great to know the bowling community can get together and support each other when it counts.
Keep it coming!!!!

Porto

Back
Top Bottom