A plea to the Australian bowling community re: Australian youth team

And here is a further CHALLENGE. If every league in Australia ran a "one dollar sheet". How much could be raised. It just takes one person to get up and walk the lanes. It takes 30 minutes and raises $100. We have been running them at Keon Park every night for James since his selection. If anybody would like any more info on how this is run please PM me on this site and i will give you the details. This is just going so well lets not let it stall and give these kids a memory to last a life time.

Phil

And Dorianna you are an angel.

:Firstly I would like to thank Doriana and Edi for the time they both have put into this fund raising for the YOUTH team, :smiley.php:

You are a GREAT credit to this sport .
I am very pleased to know you and call you friend.
Secondly can someone please explain to me WHY TBA did not put something like this together to help the team,??:confused1:
They have just let the team sort it out themself . Shame on the Board

To Phil glad you started this thread,As without people putting Ideas out there, we would find it hard to come up with fund raising Ideas.
To HOLT inc, as was said at the very being as a group,
on 6th of January 2007 we are here to support bowling. I am proud to be apart of this group and all that it stands for.

TO TOTALBOWLING YOU ARE OUR VOICE TO THE BOWLING COMMUNITY
A BIG THANK YOU

I normal do not put much on the site as for those how know me , I tend to speak more than write it down, but there are times when you just have to put it down in writing.

AVERAGE JO BOWLER SUPPORTER OF THIS GREAT SPORT
Jeanette Kent

:woot_jump::woot_jump:

Ok Guys.

I know everybody is frustrated with the TBA but lets not loose focus here. This thread is to raise funds for the AUSTRALIAN YOUTH TEAM. If you have a greveince with the TBA start another thread and let your frustations out there.

This thread is for fundraising purposes only lets leave it like that.

Phil.

Not many donations this morning. Whose gunna dip into there pocket to keep this thing rolling.

Sort of well said Philby - I'm not sure "everybody" is the correct word to use - I'm fairly certain in suggesting you actually don't know everyone's view - you certainly don't know my own on the subject. My company is ready and happy to contribute to this very worthy cause - having managed a number of National Teams in my time I understand full well the hip pocket impact - and in those days the Coaches and Managers paid exactly the same amount as bowlers did to be part of the Team on tour. However, if this exercise simply drops in stature into a TBA kicking fest - a sort of "them VS us" activity then I, and I suspect others - will avoid beeing seen to be part of it. There is no place for that sort of rubbish in this thread.

Sort of well said Philby - I'm not sure "everybody" is the correct word to use - I'm fairly certain in suggesting you actually don't know everyone's view - you certainly don't know my own on the subject. My company is ready and happy to contribute to this very worthy cause - having managed a number of National Teams in my time I understand full well the hip pocket impact - and in those days the Coaches and Managers paid exactly the same amount as bowlers did to be part of the Team on tour. However, if this exercise simply drops in stature into a TBA kicking fest - a sort of "them VS us" activity then I, and I suspect others - will avoid beeing seen to be part of it. There is no place for that sort of rubbish in this thread.

My point exactly thanks Steve (i think) lol

Thanks Guys for the support.

We are all on the same page here even though maybe the words aren't just right but that's technologies fault that we can't always say exactly what we mean.

Some people made great offers to me of items that could be raffled. I am working on those that I have now but if you think you have something of value at home why not take it into your centre and sell some raffle tickets to raise funds. You could try to sell 100 tickets at $5 each or even 200 tickets at $2 each. You'd be surprised how much you can raise when its for a good cause.

Keep up the good work and keep those donations coming.

Dozza

"Its in giving that we receive"

Just bringing this back to the top to recap the details.

This is a National plea to all bowlers past and present.

I have Kelly and Totalbowlings support in this thread.

This also has team members support.

If you have ever represented your country, state or center you would appreciate the commitment and sacrifices made in life to achieve these goals. We all understand the shame that has befallen the Australian Youth Team that is heading off to the USA in 4 weeks. This post is not political and nor do I want to enter into any heated debate with regards to the lack of team funding. This team was just in the right place at the wrong time. It is also fully understood that all team members had agreed to self fund their trips. It has come to my attention that some of the Team Members have even sought finance from their banks to help fund their trips. I know that I can count on this bowling community for total support. If you know any one of them you will know they are the greatest bunch of kids that you would ever meet and you would be proud to have them represent your country. I am asking for people to dig deep to donate funds to assist in supporting the Australian Youth Team.

There are 3 Levels of sponsorship:
Gold Level $200 – Receives an authentic bowling pin, Team Photo and Letter of Appreciation.
Silver Level $100 – Receives a Team Photo and a Letter of Appreciation.
Bronze Level $50 – Receives a Letter of Appreciation.

All funds raised will be divided evenly between the 8 Team members.

We will be accepting these donations from now, 11th June, until Friday 11th July. I will be thanking each supporter here unless anonymity is requested.
All Pins, Team Photos and Letters of Appreciation will be distributed when the team returns.

Just a reminder of whom you are supporting
Ben Coupland
Stephen Cowland
David Porto
James Bowles
Bianca Flanagan
Cassie Staudinger
Kerry Ann Klop
Louise Ingoe

All payments will be accepted by either bank deposits to:
Jedat Pty Ltd BSB No. 063-541 Account 1052-7901.
Payee reference should start with WYC(Yoursurname)
Or ring Werribee Superbowl on 9741 9777 and donate by credit card.
Please PM me when donation has been processed.

I’d like to thank Glen Rowland from QubicaAMF for kindly donating the Bowling Pins valued at $30 each.

Thanks also to Kelly for giving us this opportunity.

Doriana Porto
[email protected]

Thanks to Chris Commaine for purchasing a 900global GLOBE bowling ball. On top of the ball donated mentioned earlier, We will be donating $30 from this purchase to the team.

Also, Absolute Bowling Supplies and 900global test staffer Kelvin MUELLER who has already donated $500 to the team, has donated a furthur $55 through us.

Doriana, please add an additional $85 to the tally.

Thanks Kelvin and Chris for your support!

wow guys this is amazing.....
i never thought we would get this much support when dozza told me her idea... she put alot of work into it, its good to see its paying off....

as one of those people who have approached the bank to fund this trip, i am ovewhelmed by the support and generousity everyone has shown.

i cannot say enough how thankful i am to kelly and totalbowling for allowing us to do this, to dozza for putting in so much time and effort for all of us, for our coaches and managers who are helping us behind the scenes, to TBA for giving us the opportunity to go on this trip and last but MOST of all, everyone who has donated and hopfully who are yet to donate, your help, support and thoughts will never be forgotten by me and as you can see by any of us in the team.

thanks again.
REMEMBER DOZZA, WE GOTTA THINK BIG....!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Just reading through this post makes me so proud to be a member of this great bowling fraternity in Australia, and even more proud to be representing all of those bowlers overseas. Your donations and generosity towards the team is just astonishing, truely an amazing effort.

Dozza you are amazing. Big hug and kiss coming you way!

KEEP IT COMING GUYS!!

Great job guys just noticed we haven't heard anything from many Bowling Centres yet had a look and there is 142 Centres in Australia even if you don't know these Youth Bowlers helping them out will eventually filter through to all Centres. Bowlers will know they can go for their dreams and will be helped achieve them if needed by all parts of the Bowling Industry.
Lots of ideas why not have a Happy Hour part proceeds going to the fund or 50c from every cup of coffee for the next couple of weeks or even offer an extra game for half price proceeds going to the funds as i said lots of ways to help.
As i said it doesn't matter if your an AMF or Independent Centre you will benefit in the long run.
So here is the Challenge come on Bowling Centres every little bit adds up.
Cindy Donnelly.
Garden City Lanes.

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS OF TOTAL BOWLING
WITH ONLY 28 CONTRIBUTIONS SO FAR WE HAVE
RAISED $5800
I KNOW THERE IS SO MUCH MORE POTENTIAL HERE
SO I'M PLEADING FOR EVERYONE TO REACH DEEP
WHATEVER LITTLE YOU FIND THERE
PLEASE HELP ME MAKE THIS DREAM COME TRUE
LETS SUPPORT OUR YOUTH BOWLERS
I'M CALLING OUT TO ALL CENTRES
AND ASSOCIATIONS
PLEASE HELP
DOZZA​

A PLEA TO FORUM USERS
WITH OVER 5708 VIEWS ON THIS THREAD
I KNOW THIS WOULD HAVE TO BE THE MOST VIEWED THREAD
IN SUCH A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME
IF YOU THINK YOUR SMALL CONTRIBUTION WON'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE
THINK AGAIN .... BECAUSE IT WILL !!!

CENTRE MANAGERS AND PROPRIETORS
PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR AUSTRALIAN YOUTH TEAM
I'M A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED THAT ONLY 1 CENTRE
HAS CHOSEN TO SUPPORT THIS MISSION ON HERE
PLEASE SUPPORT THOSE THAT SUPPORT YOU​

Thanks again to Totalbowling.

Dozza

Back
Top Bottom