A plea to the Australian bowling community re: Australian youth team

This brings our total raised to $6300.

Thanks to all the contributors so far. This has been a warming experience
to know that in such a small amount of time so much can be raised but
its still a long way from our goal. Lets go for GOLD!!!!
Dig deep members and support your youth now!!!

Dozza

Just bringing this back up to the top.
So $6300.
Not bad but that is only 1/8th of what is required. Still think there is a lot more out there. I hope so anyway.
Phil

CENTRE MANAGERS AND PROPRIETORS
PLEASE SUPPORT YOUR AUSTRALIAN YOUTH TEAM
I'M A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED THAT ONLY 1 CENTRE
HAS CHOSEN TO SUPPORT THIS MISSION ON HERE
PLEASE SUPPORT THOSE THAT SUPPORT YOU​

Dozza

Well actually you should stand corrected Dozza as you forgot to count Werribee Superbowl, which actually makes 2 centres that have supported this cause.

Can I say that I think that is a very disappointing effort that still no other centre has shown any support yet. If you don't want to do a flat out donation then how about running a fundraiser. We have put in such a great effort so far, don't let it fade.

Liz

It is interesting that so far we have received pledges from 30 or so forum members. Concidering there are 5000 or so members this is disappointing. Lets hope that the centres the guys bowl in are supporting them. I know Keon Park has been very proactive helping James. I hope the other guys are getting the same support.

Phil

Werribee Superbowl has been supporting their two local bowlers also.
Its pretty poor that of all the bowling population the bowlers who I have always found to be less demanding
and a pleasure to have are the ones we are neglecting at their moment of need.
OUR YOUTH!!!
It seems that when someone is begging for assistance that there is an absolute hush in the room.
Yeah I'm a little dissapointed ... this seemed such an easy mission.
But I am not about to give up.
PLEASE HELP THE CAUSE!!!
DOZZA

Thanks again to Totalbowling.
All payments will be accepted by either bank deposits to:
Jedat Pty Ltd BSB No. 063-541 Account 1052-7901.
Payee reference should start with WYC(Yoursurname)
Or ring Werribee Superbowl on 9741 9777 and donate by credit card.
Please PM me when donation has been processed.

Come on bowlers.
How about donating so as to relieve the financial pressure on these youth bowlers.:please:
If you could dig deep into those pockets and donate even $5 or $10, it all helps.

No Dozza we must never give up I also can't believe how quite it has been with a bit of luck some of the other bowling centres might be doing some in Centre fundraising and will let us all know when they are complete. If there is anyone out there that has something in the pipeline please let Dozza know.

Cindy Donnelly

Current total raised $6550.
COME ON GUYS!!!
Where are all the people that have said how dreadful it is that
the Youth team have to self fund to represent their country.
SUPPORT THE YOUTH
Please donate whatever little you can.
I haven't given up yet.
Dozza

I think its dreadful for any National team has to be funded 100% by the bowler. Whether it be Junior, Youth, Adult or Senior National teams.

AND TODAY ITS THE YOUTH
PLEASE HELP NOW

DOZZA
1 Day Ago 05:24 PM

We keep going back and saying how wrong it is the our National Teams have to fund themselves to go away and represent their country we all know this is WRONG but at the moment there is nothing we can do about this if we want it to change we have to do something about it ourselves as a Bowling Community.
It's the same story whether it is business or sport you need strong structure within your Team at the moment it's like the Fish theory that it sinks from the head down. Our National Body is the head and our Bowlers are the tail.
We need to turn this fish around and get it's head pointing up to the surface and with a bit of hard work the rest will follow.
Our Youth need help at the moment and so will the adult, seniors when its their turn to represent. Fixing the problem isn't going to happen over night but we must try.
SO LETS DIG DEEP YOUR $5 AND $1O OR WHAT EVER YOU GIVE WILL ALL ADD UP.
And Dozza don't you dare give up.
Cindy.

Ok guys its getting near crunch time. The Youth team is heading to Coffs Harbour for a camp next week. Then home pack and off to Orlando. For most of them they would already have needed to visit there banks to organize finance. Can any of you remember when you borrowed your first large amount of money. Let me tell you $6500 is a lot of money. Did you buy a car. Well these kids, and i do say kids because that is what they are, have managed to achieve something i will never achieve in my life time. They get to represent AUSTRALIA. Now if this was Swimming or footy or even Hockey they would be all household names. Well they are household names in the bowling community. Unfortunately not many houses.

We all wonder why our sport is not a high profile sport. Maybe its the lax attitude some of us pay to our sport. Its ok the National body is responsible. So if it cocks up we can blame them. Well guess what we cant it is all of our fault.

Can you see the headlines in the sports pages. Tenpin bowling raises $100000 to fund there own teams. Am i dreaming maybe but gee $50 from every league bowler in Australia and guess what. $1000000. And you could all get to go away and represent your country with pride and not have to come back to a large loan.

Come on guys the time is now Please don't allow yourself in 3 months to say gee you know i wish i had have supported the Youth team. You just never know this dream one day may be yours.

Phil

You've hit it right on the head there Phil. Even $50 is alot of money for any to find nowadays.
But just remember that for those that have and will help, you my friend can look back and say
that you did what you could to help some young kids achieve your dreams.
Yeah I might sound corny but if you really think about it you know I am right and we can all sacrifice $50.
It just seems that the forum users here are always calling for others to stand up
and be accountable and when its there turn the room goes silent.
Yeah I'm on a bandwagon here but I never thought it would be like getting blood from a stone here.
From the comments and from knowing many people here I just thought it would be heaps easier.
I am very surprised but now I am wiser and even though many have chosen not to help
I will always continue to help others where I can.
If you are reading this and I am talking about you then think for a moment.

"IT'S IN GIVING THAT WE RECEIVE"

DOZZA​

Doriana, Phil and others that are passionate about our youth in this sport.

Makes one think hard and yes become wiser, however DO NOT fret as there are many more great people out there, most who do not even know or view Totalbowling, now that would be a challenge to get more people on to this great site.

We just need to spread more word out there either by ringing up, visiting or just getting the "Carlton Crew" (only kidding) to get some people to have more involvement and not sit on the fence.
I have also been reading this post like the many who have and am astounded by the roars of deafing silence, is it merely a passing curiosity that makes people continue to come back and view this post to see who, how much or what else has been added to the post?

I on behalf of my Daughter Julia would like to add to the tally, as she will not be bowling in the Junior league during the upcoming school holidays, we will give the 2 weeks bowling fees, $32, it is not much but as we know every bit counts.

What about some of the regular bowlers chipping in a "Blind" fee as if they were not bowling one night- might up to many $sss.

Also as I have bowled in Super League at Keon Park and know James Bowles and watched this kid over the years, add another $100 from me, (Doriana, you already have my deatils, so please take it from there).

To add to this I am in the market for some new balls and equipment, I will be be contacting either Graham, from Stike-it Bowling or getting Kelvin Muller to assist me in selecting for my needs.

For those that know me I never ask for much from anyone and generally help out where-ever I can, I am imploring you to jump on board and help out here.

Once again keep it going for the sake of our youth.

Might be on the sidelines but always in bowling.

Joe Fazzari.

Thanks very much Fuzzy. Its much appreciated.
Along with the large donations every little bit adds up as you say.

This is one of the most viewed threads in the past 2 years.
I could spice it up for the viewers with a name and shame game but I won't resort to that.
Nor would I expect anyone to come on here and do that.
There are just quite a few people that I would have expected help from by now.
I guess there are people in this world that either talk, talk, talk or take, take, take.

Thanks goes out to the centres that are currently assisting and have assisted.

Many thanks to the people that have helped too.

I'll keep going and won't give up yet.

Dozza

Hi Dorianna

There are many who have assisted via centres for the individual bowlers, or like me have bought raffle tickets, lucky numbers etc or sponsored personally.

Leanne

THANKS TO BEC WHITIING
FOR DONATING $100
DOZZA​

Back
Top Bottom