A Drive in the Country and a Tournament!

jason_doust

The Bowling Geek
G'Day NSW!

There's what appears to be a very good tournament in Bathurst (a house reknowned for it's scoring capacity) in less than two weeks. It's the MRD Engineering 2007 Bathurst Pitstop.

Top 16 get a couple of hundred bucks +. Additionally, if you weren't sure you could cut, you could go up for the day. If you do cut, stay. If you don't, you could still get home at a reasonable hour. Or do what we're doing and go with a car full of mates for a drive in the country. (That way we'll have a good time regardless!)

I reckon this is worth supporting and the TD is doing his damndest to make it work, so I'm going to give it a plug! (And hit him up for a coke when I get there!) And if you're going from Sydney, you could stop in the Blue Mountains on the way! How good's that! ;)

http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=149055#post149055

Cheers,
Jason

Jason, you should work for Visit NSW or maybe even Harvey World Travel, you'd be great to plug their offers and suck people into doing trips that are pointless too! :p

Seriously, it is an OK drive, but after doing it many times, it is boring. First time, it is a nice drive. I'm sure people from the outskirts of Western Sydney know the Mountains quite well. Katoomba isnt a bad place to stop, as it has some history there.

Anyways, i'm almost just as bad...

Not to mention the added bonus of being able to drive around the Mount Panorama race track!!!!!

recomended accomodation -
Country Comfort Bathurst
Cnr Mid Western & Great Western Hwys
Bathurst NSW 2795
Telephone: (02) 6332 1800
Facsimile: (02) 6332 1890
Charlotte Apartments
5 Charlotte Street,
Bathurst NSW 2795
Telephone:
02 6334 3333
Fax:
02 6334 3733
Explorers Motel
357 Stewart Street (the Cowra Rd), Bathurst NSW 2795
Phone (02) 6331 2966 or Tollfree 1800 047 907
Fax (02) 6331 2723

To those who dont like the drive over mountains as it is boring, I travel it every time I want to ball in sydney, I think sydney is more boring, you alway stopping and starting, and you never seem to get anywhere.

And in my option those who dont want to travel to bowl, will never achieve anything great in the world of bowling,

agreed dave. i too have pulled out of premier league to bowl in this tourney. if you want to further better your bowling then tourney play is it. its very disappointing there have been so many withdrawals but im looking forward to it.

hope to see more entries.

jase

they arwe great mate but eatch it once u hit gr8 western highway cops all along there i got done doin 120 in 100 on it other week bell's line is gr8 but it a 4cyl mose well walk lol
vy ss ute nice v8

The tornament is this weekend 3rd and 4th of november.

it wont matter which way you go accross the mountains, cops are everywhere, they need there quotes filled so watch out, enjoy the drive

NICE TO SEE THE MIGHTY GEORGE WILL BE MAKING THE DRIVE WELCOME TO THE TOURNAMENT
CHEERS JULIE

PS. JASON THERE WILL BE A COLD COKE WAITING FOR YA MATE
ALL DRIVE SAFELY CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL

Back
Top Bottom