A BIT SAD !

FLOWER

Looking at the Nationally ranked tourns. for 2006, I do find it a bit sad that there is now only 1 ranked tourn. in Brisbane for the men - Nth. Qld. have found the $$$ and will to apply for 3 tourns. and good luck to them.....

At least the chicks have 2 tourns.....K & K Classic and Qld. Ladies Classic.

Flower

One ranked tournament, the K&K I take it.

A big thanks must again go out to Mary Flower for her tireless efforts in these tournaments. Without her, would we have any at all ?

Not this time, Dale - the credit for the 2006 K & K Classic must go to the sponsors, Graham and Cheryl Spicer along with AMF for continuing with this great tournament. However, I do hope to be one of the bowlers (to help swell the numbers of chicks !)

It will be a great event as usual....

Flower

Of course Mary, how could forget the sponsors without which we would have NOTHING !

Thanks to Graham & Cheryl for their continued support of Qld Bowling

So ... what is the solution to this problem? Where do we start?

Obviously we need someone to put a tournament on ... can someone give me an idea of the costs involved?

Peter Martin

Ok ...

With the current payout figures from the TBA to have the tourney ranked and the list of costs involved, it seems that at a $200 entry fee, your break even point is about 90 bowlers (thats with no sponsorship whatsoever).

That would give everyone 16 games and then the top 16 another 7.

Hmm ... (playing some think music)...

Spanner,

Put my name down for this tournament (just giving my vote of approval). :)

It's sad to see the QLD Cup go. We in the youth fought for Sharp to remain in the calendar and it did, we even got another ranked youth tournament! , but no QLD Cup. *sighs*

Thanks Tim,

Only 88 to go ... or a few sponsors.

Which poses a few interesting questions ....
What do you expect from a tournament?
What would make you go interstate to play in a tournament?
Do seperate ladies divisions help?
Should there be half price entry for lower avg bowlers, or should there be a seperate division?

Any ideas, or comments would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom