IDEA!!

FLOWER

Sorry Jeff, but I have yet another idea for discussion!!

Maybe Sports Series could start putting down lane patterns that meet the criteria for TBA Lane Policy - with two National Tourns. here last weekend and the K & K earlier in the year - our local bowlers only get two chances (both men and women) to bowl on these conditions.......

If you guys had your tourns. with complying patterns, it would give our bowlers more chances to gain experience if they wish to compete at a National level without the huge expense of bowling in Ranked tourns.

No, I do not want 8 pins per game start (or 5 pins) but maybe a SMALL payout for the top female based on 3 (or 4 or 5 or 6 women) bowling in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FLOWER

sounds like a good idea,. then teh bowlers who are considering travelling will no wat there in for.

Could we replace the person who schedules dates for each series without checking what's on elsewhere? I would venture to bet that a series would never clash with a super 6 or Regional tourny such as the Redcliffe City Open. (I want my ball back!!!)

Feral

Reg,
I think that you will find that Jeff takes great care when planning his yearly series, and like Flower, his tournies are organised well in advance of the end of the year. He had to reschedule some dates this year due to some late regional inclusions to the calendar, so perhaps you should direct this train of thought toward the State body, who issue the yearly calendar.

Broni

And I know Flower does talk with the other parties (ie AMF) and AMF talks with TBAQ.

Unfortunately, with so much bowling in Queensland there are always going to be some clashes.

Choices

I'm sorry but I dont believe anyone should be bagging Jeff for this series. It is a great series and I know he and others put in an enormous amout of work for it to go ahead.

As far as I'm aware the dates haven't been chenged since the commencement of the first event this series and therefore we all new the dates prior to paying and throwing our first ball.

If people didn't look at their own schedule and notice the clash and make their decision prior to the series then I cant see how this is Jeff's fault. I think the fault may be closer to home but just not want to be admitted.

Carl

It is impossible to avoid some clashes! However, we have to look at the level of bowler we are trying most to attract as tourn. 'bosses'. Whilst I would seriously like to avoid Burdekin and Townsville, my main target are the 'nearly there' handicap bowlers - so I go ahead and lose some of the regular scratch bowlers for some events - Junior events, East Coast and Rachuig etc. etc. qualifying takes some away sometimes, Championships also - as Carl says - you have to make choices at times.

When you wish to bowl Open events, Seniors Events, Handicap events - ALL EVENTS, it is impossible. If you find it hard to fit your bowling in, please think of us - we are trying to maximise our own tourns....we do not want clashes either.

Feral - you will gain much more from your time away in WDV and interstate competition than bowling one Sports Series!! Hopefully, the Series will be around far into the future and opportunities to make teams does not come as easy as nominating for a tourn.....ENJOY!!!!!

instead of payin 75 dollars and wasting tiem bowling why dont u just go out and but a ball. not havein a go at anyone just thinkin of bein able to lseep longer on a sunday. any way have fun bowlin bad. SORRY WRONG POST.

Back
Top Bottom