7-10 splits!!!

snake

hi all, at bowling tonight i did my best trick 7-10 split out of the pocket. one of the best pocket balls all night and it left 7-10!!! i was dumbfounded! but i am just wondering who has done the same?? and who has picked up the spear?? oh and how did you do it??? just wondering because i leave this a lot!!

l8er all
snake :twisted:

Yes 7-10 out of the pocket is common up ere in Darwin Gerg.
I've seen da 7-10 picked up twice at Dariwn bowl.
Yes both pick ups were in sacntioned competitions.

1st seen picked up- Ronald Voukolos, a few yrs ago- ARAFURA
2nd time- Jono Carr, 2003, HOT SHOTS League

yes to get the 7-10 split dats anotha question. Jono stood on 20 board n bowled towards the 7pin (Jono is a lefty) 7pin down past the pin deck came back up almost as fast as it disappeared around the 9 pin area n spun across towards the 10 and took it out. No 1 saw it apart from me and jono :p

cya l8r
HENRI PETERS

7-10

Yeah they are pretty common up there in the good old Planet Tenpin.
You usually get one the first pocket shot back from Nationals as a "Welcome back to Darwin" reminder lol

The only 2 7-10's I've ever seen picked up were BOTH by Macca at Strikezone. :)There's different bowling alleys that are good to bounce pins back up on the lane if ya bowl at the pins hard enough (makes up for not being able to strike :lol: ). At State this year at Bansktown, I left a 7-10, then I hit the 7 pin and it bounced back up and began to roll across. The 7 pin rolled in front of the 10 pin. Would've been a cack if it was a spare, and it was soooooooo close. Ah well. :p I've spared it out of a full deck, but I didn't really count that. :oops:

Bubyee

Rowey :p

I have only ever seen one picked up (coz I didnt even see it when I took it from a full deck!)...and that was by Peter Kalwy during State Premier League

7-10 SPLIT outta a pocket shot :?
Yes at Darwins very own Plant Tenpin

I was shocked to get this split from da pocket
wat shocked me even more is dat i almost picked it up. :shock:
As i bowled i towards da 10pin it was like any otha 7-10 split ive attempted to my shock it rebounded off da back mat (yes not back board)
and came flying back stopped in mid air round da 5pin area and dropped behind da pin deck :(

Yes dat threw me off my game 4 da rest of da nite :cry:

CYA L8R
Henri P

well ive seen a couple on clips from the computer but anywayz i was wondering from the different back boards does it matter which brand you have that would get a different bounce off to the 10 pin or seven pin? :?

Some centres are much easier to spare splits because the backs arent very deep and the pins bounce back up easily on the deck. Strikezone is really not that easy to bounce the pin back up unless your throwing it really hard, Bankstown is a perfect example of kick back heaven, Pretty much anyone but the disabled (no hard feelings) can bounce pins up there. I've spared the big 4 and the 7-10 there, both times just throwing my normal spare shot.

The two 7-10's i spared at strikezone were like 40km/h + and just plain lucky to hit them on the right angle to bounce out. I didn't complain though :p

micky_macca said:
Some centres are much easier to spare splits because the backs arent very deep and the pins bounce back up easily on the deck. Strikezone is really not that easy to bounce the pin back up unless your throwing it really hard, Bankstown is a perfect example of kick back heaven, Pretty much anyone but the disabled (no hard feelings) can bounce pins up there. I've spared the big 4 and the 7-10 there, both times just throwing my normal spare shot.

The two 7-10's i spared at strikezone were like 40km/h + and just plain lucky to hit them on the right angle to bounce out. I didn't complain though :p
I remember one got back at Sue pretty bad for something she said to you just before you spare it, eh, Macca. :wink: :lol:

i got a 7-10 split once it was like a hit the 7 and the 7 hit the 10.

i picked up one at nsw state the other week and i thank matty he told me to go for the 7 pin and i smashed it and it hit the back wall and bounced off and got it damn great shot

:evil:

Damn 7-10splits left from pocket shots :evil:
Not happy at all,
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,Thursday i bowled in league and left 7-10 from da pockt and almost picked it up 3 times outta 4. Darwin is really bad 4 leavin da 7-10 from a pocket. If i do it again im gonna SCREAM.

L8R PPLZ
Henri P

ive left the 7-10 several times off solid pocket, so i jus throw the ball down without caring cos its impossible to spare, well thats what i thought anyway, buut one time when i left it, i got annoyed cos it was jus after a solid poket from leaving the 10 pin...and i through the ball down with all i have in me and it hit the 10 pin and it rebounded off the back board and up the gutter next to the 7 pin and knoked it over. so its jus all bout power and a bit of anger i guess.

hello there, i just got my first 7-10 split today, i'm right handed and i threw a hard strait ball at the seven pin and bounced it off the side wall, off the back wall, and back on the wood and hit the ten. getting that split is pretty much luck for anyone.

I once left the 7-10 off the pocket twice in one game.
didn't spare either of them though, the one time i did was when i had the 4-7-10 and i left the 4 pin standing.

damn 7-10's get annoying! but they are rare! dont get many any more, but when u do, u wanna hit suming lol!

I once got one in a tornement when i was bout 11 but thats it! hit the 10 of the back curtain back on to the lane to take the 7!

Birkett

ive ad perfect pocket balls n left the 7-10! :). i once left the 7 9 10! :) straight thru the hed pin wit an intense inferno! :D i no sum 1 hu as spared one da 7-10 b4.

ive spared the 7-10 before i was absolutly on fire that game.... first fame spared 7-10 then eighth frame spared 5-7-10....

i have left a few. But the one that stand out for me was going opening 7 strikes then 7-10 7-10 and then bagging out in the 10th. what a lovely 240 odd game.. What was more annoying was that my opponent had also gone opening 7 strikes and he won..

damn 7-10. But yeah i have never even looked like sparing one...

I have seen brett F get one before but he has gotten a few. And also speed bump/bundy bear i also saw him get one at the nationals last two years ago.