5th Bahrain Open - 2006 Press Release

P

pbafire

http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/Story.asp?Article=141234&Sn=SPOR&IssueID=29029

I am guessing that when they mention Seniors, they mean Adult, not as we have in the states of a over 40,50 or 60 crowd.

The article reads (in case the link goes in a day or two)

"$85,000 to be won in bowling
TOTAL prizemoney of $85,000 is up for grabs at the fifth Kingdom of Bahrain Bowling Championship to be held from May 16 to June 2 at the Funland Bowling Centre premises.

The grand prize will be divided into different categories, with $60,000 to be allocated for the seniors section, $11,500 for the women's category, $1,000 for juniors and a daily $500 award for the high series, high game and perfect score.

Details of the fifth edition of this tournament were revealed by Bahrain Bowling Association president Abdulla Al Dossary at his meeting with General Organisation for Youth and Sports president Shaikh Fawaz bin Mohammed Al Khalifa.

Al Dossary said the tournament will comprise four categories - men's seniors, women's seniors, boys under-14 and girls under-17.

He confirmed that this year's competition will be open to amateur and professional players of different nationalities with the best 32 bowlers qualifying for the second round.

The top 15 players will book berths in the third round during which each qualifier will play eight games and the best eight will progress to the semi-finals to be held on a round-robin basis. The highest three players will qualify for the step ladder final to determine the champion."

The bowl's website still has the old info from last year, but I am guessing that will change shortly.
http://www.bowling.com.bh/

Re: 5th Bahrain Open - updated

looks like they've updated their website now for any of those that want to take a look at rules, format, fees, etc.

GOOD TO HEAR FROM U BUDDY

ONE DAY WE'LL GET BACK THERE

FRAWLS WILL BE THERE, MORE THAN LIKELY JASON TOO

I am targeting next year's Open if the timing is right....

I am on shore duty now, but end of the year I go to my sea duty rotation... and I think the ship I will be going to deploys for 6 months in 07 and MIGHT be in Bahrain around this time next year....... if so and I can get the time and it matched up with the tourney dates, I will bowl.... even if it's only a few qualifying squads.

Hey, at least that way I save on airfare.

Back
Top Bottom