2014 Queensland World Cup of Champions-1st Event 2014-Unique Format-$4350 Prize Money

What you have here is a survey of people on what they would like. Unfortunately most of the comments are coming from bowlers that have already got their spot. Of course they will not want it changed, they have their spot.

What you need to be asking yourself is............ do you want this event to grow and become much more successful? Or do you want to keep it as a 32 person boutique tournament?

Please remove me from reserve list thank you. I'll enjoy my holiday rather than finish it early.

Just to put my 2 cents in I think the current format should remain as is.

If you want to bowl this event next year GET IN EARLY.

To those that are a reserve.....be patient. Every year bowlers have pulled out for whatever reason and there has always been some last minute call around to fill the spot.
Don’t change.
Maybe think of running one later in the year with some tweaking to format. i.e. qualifying to seeding, USBC masters format...... I’m sure there is others.
Then the bowlers could have another boutique event

I don't have my name listed but I would recommend leaving it as is. Unfortunately some MAY miss out but you will have serviced the 32 that have got in early and done the correct thing and I would hope the others would understand and still want to make themselves available next year. Again awesome work and proof that given the right format, atmosphere and managemnt bowling events are still highly desired and can be run successfully.

Thanks for all the info & input. The 2014 Queensland World Cup of Champions will remain the same as advertised. Congrats to the field of 32. Any bowlers who wish to be a reserve or pay a deposit to secure your spot at the top of the reserve may do so through Caboolture Bowl.

Kind Regards Nathan & Andrew

2014 QWC Squad List

1. Rod Parker
2. Lawrie "Animal" Hill (2010 Champion)
3. Mark Davidson
4. Dylan Lucas
5. Aaron Midgley
6. Ben Turner
7. Dave Kirby
8. Ryan Edgar
9. Daan Wijker
10. Chris Turner
11. Brodie Rountree
12. Kevin Blackmore (2007 Champion)
13. Bianca Flanagan
14. Brett Laird
15. Jay Palmer
16. Jeff Butler
17. Dale Stewart (2008 Champion)
18. Tony Wrzosek
19. Bradley Kleidon
20. Sam Cooley
21. Alicia Melton
22. Morty Douglass
23. Brad Hales
24. Tony Hamilton
25. Tamara Harmsworth
26. Andrew Clark
27. Michael Tomicek
28. Jason Clark
29. Tegan Meads
30. Mick Brunhierl
31. Darrin Comrie (2013 Champion)
32. Rob Kaluci

Names in Bold have secured their spot with a deposit

Deposits will not be refunded unless your spot is filled

Reserves

1st Res. Rikki Ried
2nd Res. Jon King
3rd Res. Jason Scott
4th Res. Michael Myers
5th Res. Jordan Bunphim
6th Res. Craig Gibbs
7th Res. Jay Choi
8th Res. Julius Park
9th Res. Brad yang
10th Res. Charles Koh
11th Res. Jeffrey Gortmans

If anyone wishes to pay a deposit, this will secure you ahead of anyone that hasn't paid or nominated. If you do not get a start the deposit will be refunded to the bowler.

Please contact Caboolture Bowl if wishing to secure your reserve spot. Bowlers will be recorded in order of deposits.

Stat of the week - Event posted 2330 Hrs on Fri Nov 1st / Event fully filled with all deposits by 2130 Hrs on Thur Nov 7th -
5 Days 22 Hours !!!!! Fantastic

Kind Regards Nathan

Thank you to our Sponsors for 2014

Major Sponsor - Giorgio Mechanical Repairs - Tony Giorgio - The Best Mechanical Repairs call GMR

Caboolture Bowl - Brian Bates (Best game rates in the country) as well as lanes!
Animal's Pro Shop - Lawrie Hill - For all your pro shop needs & any "Hammer" products, the "Hammer" National Distributer
Hammer Bowling - Nothing Hits Like a "Hammer"
Country Fried Chicken - That's some yummy chicken
Logomotif - Peter Martin - The best shirt design & makers around town
Action Trophies Burpengary - Great trophies, great prices
Caboolture Instant Print - Anthony Essex - For all your expert design & printing needs
Romantic Notions - Kath Essex - For all those special occasions
Taz Services - Andrew Christopher
Totalbowling.com.au - The best Bowling site for news & information

Guess it shows the importance of paying your deposit early I guess.
Named reserves should get first crack though (just my opinion)

Reserves have been advised that they can pay their deposit and receive it back if they remain a reserve on the day.

2014 QWC Squad List

1. Rod Parker
2. Lawrie "Animal" Hill (2010 Champion)
3. Mark Davidson
4. Dylan Lucas
5. Aaron Midgley
6. Ben Turner
7. Dave Kirby
8. Ryan Edgar
9. Daan Wijker
10. Chris Turner
11. Brodie Rountree
12. Kevin Blackmore (2007 Champion)
13. Brett Laird
14. Jay Palmer
15. Jeff Butler
16. Dale Stewart (2008 Champion)
17. Bradley Kleidon
18. Sam Cooley
19. Alicia Melton
20. Morty Douglass
21. Brad Hales
22. Tony Hamilton
23. Tamara Harmsworth
24. Andrew Clark
25. Michael Tomicek
26. Jason Clark
27. Tegan Meads
28. Mick Brunhierl
29. Darrin Comrie (2013 Champion)
30. Rob Kaluci
31. Shayne Melton
32. Rikki Reid

Names in Bold have secured their spot with a deposit

Deposits will not be refunded unless your spot is filled

Reserves

1st Res. Jon King
2nd Res. Jason Scott
3rd Res. Michael Myers
4th Res. Jordan Bunphim
5th Res. Craig Gibbs
6th Res. Jay Choi
7th Res. Julius Park
8th Res. Brad yang
9th Res. Charles Koh
10th Res. Jeffrey Gortmans

If anyone wishes to pay a deposit, this will secure you ahead of anyone that hasn't paid or nominated. If you do not get a start the deposit will be refunded to the bowler.

Please contact Caboolture Bowl if wishing to secure your reserve spot. Bowlers will be recorded in order of deposits.

Stat of the week - Event posted 2330 Hrs on Fri Nov 1st / Event fully filled with all deposits by 2130 Hrs on Thur Nov 7th -
5 Days 22 Hours !!!!! Fantastic

Kind Regards Nathan

2 Bowlers have already removed them selves and have been replaced.

Any reserves or new bowlers wanting to bowl is strongly urged to pay a deposit to be the next guaranteed bowler. Deposits will go in order of receipt and will be refunded if you do not get a start.

Kind Regards Nathan

Back
Top Bottom