2014 Queensland World Cup of Champions-1st Event 2014-Unique Format-$4350 Prize Money

2014 QWC Squad List

1. Rod Parker
2. Lawrie "Animal" Hill (2010 Champion)
3. Mark Davidson
4. Dylan Lucas
5. Aaron Midgley
6. Ben Turner
7. Dave Kirby
8. Ryan Edgar
9. Daan Wijker
10. Chris Turner
11. Brodie Rountree
12. Kevin Blackmore (2007 Champion)
13. Brett Laird
14. Jay Palmer
15. Jeff Butler
16. Dale Stewart (2008 Champion)
17. Bradley Kleidon
18. Sam Cooley
19. Alicia Melton
20. Morty Douglass
21. Brad Hales
22. Tony Hamilton
23. Tamara Harmsworth
24. Andrew Clark
25. Michael Tomicek
26. Jason Clark
27. Tegan Meads
28. Mick Brunhierl
29. Darrin Comrie (2013 Champion)
30. Rob Kaluci
31. Shayne Melton
32. Jeffrey Gortmans

Names in Bold have secured their spot with a deposit

Deposits will not be refunded unless your spot is filled

Reserves

1st Res. Rikki Reid
2nd Res. Jon King
3rd Res. Jason Scott
4th Res. Michael Myers
5th Res. Jordan Bunphim
6th Res. Craig Gibbs
7th Res. Jay Choi
8th Res. Julius Park
9th Res. Brad yang
10th Res. Charles Koh

If anyone wishes to pay a deposit, this will secure you ahead of anyone that hasn't paid or nominated. If you do not get a start the deposit will be refunded to the bowler.

Please contact Caboolture Bowl if wishing to secure your reserve spot. Bowlers will be recorded in order of deposits.

Stat of the week - Event posted 2330 Hrs on Fri Nov 1st / Event fully filled with all deposits by 2130 Hrs on Thur Nov 7th -
5 Days 22 Hours !!!!! Fantastic
Kind Regards Nathan​

Apologies to you Rikki, this was not in our control on this one. If you wish to clarify exactly what happened please contact Brian at Caboolture Bowl. He will advise of what happened.

We made this rule last year so unfortunately the spot is Jeffrey's. All our payments/deposits run through Caboolture Bowl.

Rikki you are secured as the next bowler in. If you no longer wish to remain as a paid deposit please contact Cab Bowl who will refund your money. Again sincere apologies to you.

Not trying to be rude here either or trying to make the situation any worse, but you asked your name to be removed form the reserve list, I had just not updated the thread/post. So technically you were no longer on the list which meant you would of by passed all 9 reserves to gain a spot, which would of been congratulations to you for being the 1st person to act with a deposit. Again sorry for the mistake of Jeffrey's deposit not being posted earlier. The 1st Res on the list would of been Jon King (if Jeffrey hadn't paid).

"Please remove me from reserve list thank you. I'll enjoy my holiday rather than finish it early.

Just to put my 2 cents in I think the current format should remain as is.

If you want to bowl this event next year GET IN EARLY. "

This is a very unique tournament, the way we do it is to guarantee we have 32 bowlers, bowling on the day. This is unlike a normal tournament. Just because there are names down as reserves does not mean they will be there on the day waiting for a no show at check-in. They are just people who nominated in the order they were received. The tournament has always run on a deposit gets preferred/secured treatment.

The above statement is written to everyone who reads this, not replying to just Rikki directly in that message (About the tournament part). We have also asked reserves to pay from the moment it sold out. Not just from 2 days ago. To any other reserves or anyone else who wants to be a secured reserve PLEASE pay your deposit now before CHRISTMAS as some of the bowl people will not be there and clarifying who paid when will be slower then usual as we wait for CONFIRMATION.

Thanks Again to everyone, Sorry to Rikki. Hope you will stay a reserve and be patient for a late withdrawal. Have a happy XMAS and a fantastic and safe NEW YEAR.

Kind Regards Nathan & Andrew

Can I please clarify how many reserves, if any have paid deposits?

I am still considering bowling as have wanted to bowl in this event for several years but can never get a spot or something comes up work wise on that time.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

Hi Jason

As of this stage we have 1 paid reserve (Rikki Reid). Thus means if someone happens to withdraw before the event that paid reserve will be guaranteed that spot. The current squad list below is correct.

The other names on the reserve list as order of acceptance. In case there was a situation of not having 32 paid bowlers then order of acceptance would determine who would get the remaining spots. Once we have no paid reserves the 1st of all the reserves or a new bowler to pay a deposit would get the spot in the field.

If you want to bowl I suggest you pay a deposit for yourself and anyone else who wants to bowl. If you fail to gain a spot in the 32 through no body withdrawing you will be refunded your money. If you can please pay before XMAS as a few of the bowl staff will be away prior to the tournament and confirming who paid deposits when will be slower then usual

Your other option is to turn up on the day and if a bowler fails to check in and no one on the reserve list is present then you will be able to bowl.

There have been a reserve or 2 or 3 saying they would pay there deposit at league or tomorrow night, they have failed to do this but if they had they would of been bowling as there have been 2 changes to the field of 32 already.

So if you wish to have the best chance at bowling PLEASE pay a deposit. It's no risk and the worse off is you be out of pocket $50 for approx. 2 weeks. The best scenario you gain a spot and go on to win the 1st and most unique tournament of 2014. We have the best payout odds of 1:2 more then your money back.

If you happen to miss out the entry forms for 2015 will be out in Mid-Late October each year. Normally in the past it is full by Christmas, but this year it proved quite popular and sold out in record time. So that will be the time to keep checking total bowling or ringing Caboolture Bowl to nominate/pay a deposit.

Hope this helps, Regards Nathan

2014 QWC Squad List

1. Rod Parker
3. Mark Davidson
4. Dylan Lucas
5. Aaron Midgley
6. Ben Turner
7. Dave Kirby
8. Ryan Edgar
9. Daan Wijker
10. Chris Turner
11. Brodie Rountree
12. Kevin Blackmore (2007 Champion)
13. Brett Laird
14. Jay Palmer
15. Jeff Butler
16. Dale Stewart (2008 Champion)
17. Bradley Kleidon
18. Sam Cooley
19. Alicia Melton
20. Morty Douglass
21. Brad Hales
22. Tony Hamilton
23. Tamara Harmsworth
24. Andrew Clark
25. Michael Tomicek
26. Jason Clark
27. Tegan Meads
28. Mick Brunhierl
29. Darrin Comrie (2013 Champion)
30. Rob Kaluci
31. Shayne Melton
32. Jeffrey Gortmans

Deposits will not be refunded unless your spot is filled

Reserves

1st Res. Craig Gibbs
2nd Res. Rikki Reid
3rd Res. Jason Scott
4th Res. Michael Myers
5th Res. Jordan Bunphim
6th Res. Jay Choi
7th Res. Julius Park
8th Res. Brad yang
9th Res. Charles Koh

If anyone wishes to pay a deposit, this will secure you ahead of anyone that hasn't paid or nominated. If you do not get a start the deposit will be refunded to the bowler.

Please contact Caboolture Bowl if wishing to secure your reserve spot. Bowlers will be recorded in order of deposits.

Stat of the week - Event posted 2330 Hrs on Fri Nov 1st / Event fully filled with all deposits by 2130 Hrs on Thur Nov 7th -

Kind Regards Nathan

Thank you to our Sponsors for 2014

Major Sponsor - Giorgio Mechanical Repairs - Tony Giorgio - The Best Mechanical Repairs call GMR

Caboolture Bowl - Brian Bates (Best game rates in the country) as well as lanes!
Animal's Pro Shop - Lawrie Hill - For all your pro shop needs & any "Hammer" products, the "Hammer" National Distributer
Hammer Bowling - Nothing Hits Like a "Hammer"
Country Fried Chicken - That's some yummy chicken
Logomotif - Peter Martin - The best shirt design & makers around town
Action Trophies Burpengary - Great trophies, great prices
Caboolture Instant Print - Anthony Essex - For all your expert design & printing needs
Romantic Notions - Kath Essex - For all those special occasions
Taz Services - Andrew Christopher
Totalbowling.com.au - The best Bowling site for news & information

Some general feedback. There seems to be a few communication issues here regarding timings of deposits and acknowledgement of payments and orders of receipt.

From my side, I previously posted in good faith previously that I would pay my deposit at league next night believing that the remaining spot would be allocated. After this, another bowler jumped my position. That's the way it goes.

It may be an idea to allow a window of time in future events between bowlers putting their names down and needing to pay to secure the spot - especially on such a 'limited numbers' event.

Just my 2c.

Cheers
Jon King

Hi, just to confirm the paid deposits for reserves, Craig Gibbs had paid earlier and is now 1st res with Rikki Reid 2nd res, sorry for the mess up. If anyone is going to pay anymore money please do so by calling the bowl and not by EFT as I will be away over Xmas.

Thanks

Batesy

My deposit was also paid weeks ago.

I would like some verification please.

My deposit was paid 5 dec 2013 around midday.

I'm am not impressed with BS.

Hi Rikki, I'm home now but I know it was in November he paid, I only found it when we went back through the receipt book and did a check. It is our fault at the Bowl mate some how it didn't make it into the office. It is not BS I'm sorry.

Batesy

Patterns are still being finalised and we will be made available to view on the day.

Kind Regards Nathan

2014 QWC Squad List

1. Rod Parker
3. Dylan Lucas
4. Aaron Midgley
5. Ben Turner
6. Dave Kirby
7. Ryan Edgar
8. Daan Wijker
9. Chris Turner
10. Brodie Rountree
11. Kevin Blackmore (2007 Champion)
12. Brett Laird
13. Jay Palmer
14. Jeff Butler
15. Dale Stewart (2008 Champion)
16. Bradley Kleidon
17. Sam Cooley
18. Alicia Melton
19. Morty Douglass
20. Brad Hales
21. Tony Hamilton
22. Tamara Harmsworth
23. Andrew Clark
24. Michael Tomicek
25. Mick Brunhierl
26. Darrin Comrie (2013 Champion)
27. Rob Kaluci
28. Shayne Melton
29. Jeffrey Gortmans
30. Craig Gibbs
31. Rikki Reid
32. Neville Castle

Reserves

1st Res. Jason Scott
2nd Res. Michael Myers
3rh Res. Jordan Bunphim
4th Res. Jay Choi
5th Res. Julius Park
6th Res. Brad yang
7th Res. Charles Koh

Kind Regards Nathan​

As of Friday 3rd January 2014 from 1900 Hrs (7:00pm)

Anyone withdrawing from the tournament from the above date & time there is no guarantee of deposits being refunded regardless of whether the spot is filled by another bowler or not.

Anyone else withdrawing please ring Caboolture Bowl on 5495-6000 or Andrew Christopher 0417-779-894

Kind Regards Nathan

PS

Caboolture Bowl will be open from 8am on Sunday Morning. With Check-In at 8:30am SHARP

Anyone running late should be advised to ring Caboolture Bowl. If you do not notify us and there are reseves waiting you may lose your spot.

** UPDATED SQUAD LIST ABOVE **

Any reserves who are keen to bowl on Sunday please PM ur contact details so we may call you. 3 Changes in the last 24hrs.

Back
Top Bottom