2013 South Qld Zone Junior Championships - Results from Open and Restricted Masters

qgirl66

Please find attached the results from the 2013 Sth Qld Zone Junior Championships Open and Restricted Masters held at Coolangatta Tweed Tenpin Bowl.

Congratulations to Tom Austen and Maddy Kemp for winning the Open Masters. Another thrilling final with a fantastic atmosphere.

Congratulations to Brenton Moyes on winning the Restricted Masters. Certainly looking forward to seeing you grow and improve over the years.

Fantastic bowling from all the kids and it certainly was a pleasure to watch. A big thank you to our friends from Rockhampton and Bundaberg for joining us again especially Bundaberg considering the recent events. So happy you could all join us again.

A big thank you to Ray, Emma, Brian and all the staff at Coolangatta Tweed Tenpin. The event ran very smoothly and nothing was too much trouble. You all bent over backwards to assist in any way and the food was fantastic (loved that Bacon and Egg muffin). If any associations/tournament committees are looking for a centre to hold an event, you could not go wrong with Coolangatta Tweed. We can highly recommend them.

Thanks and kudos to our volunteers - Jeff Kemp, Leanne Leming and fundraisers Maria and Len Bailey. Events of these kinds would not be possibly without the help of people such as yourselves. So much happens behind the scenes especially in the engine room and we would not get by without you all. Also a thank you to our SQ bowlers and their parents for donating the raffle prizes. It is greatly appreciated.

To my fellow committee members - Donna Wingett and Greg Naylor, and also our Management team - Grant Otago, Alice Margiolas, Karen Kemp, Wade Naylor and Joshua Kemp. Thank you again for another great year. An increase in numbers again in the singles, doubles and teams event. I hope that our continued combined efforts to promote junior bowling and this event throughout the centres will see these numbers continue to increase and more juniors progress through the ranks. I must admit that while it is an enormous job to arrange and run, I absolutely love getting to see all the kids doing their very best and achieving their goals all the while with a wonderful and supportive crowd cheering them on.

To all the juniors who competed, thank you for your participation, sportsmanship and help in making this event a success. You are the reason why we do these events. The looks of joy and happiness on your faces when you get that spare or strike or achieve a new PB really does make it worthwhile and I hope to be around to see you all progress further in your chosen sport.

Thanks to all and hope to see you all next year.

Wendy Otago
SQJTBA

Thanks to Total Bowling for allowing us to post this information

Attachments

• 2013 Restricted Masters Results.xls
    24 KB · Views: 40
  • 2013 SQ Boys Open Masters Results.xls
    40 KB · Views: 96
  • 2013 SQ Girls Open Masters Resuts.xls
    36.5 KB · Views: 85
Back
Top Bottom