2013 NSW OPEN MENS MASTERS

We can only go with the Centres that Tender
From memeory :-

Rooty Hil Had the Holt event on one week end
Tenpin City had a seniors event on one week end

but when it comes to tenders, the centers should be a given a larger date range, as example they can pick 2 continuous weekends between, feb and march giving centers more options to tender for, i think a lotof people would agree that january is far to early and to many people travel

but when it comes to tenders, the centers should be a given a larger date range, as example they can pick 2 continuous weekends between, feb and march giving centers more options to tender for, i think a lotof people would agree that january is far to early and to many people travel

Dave,

AFAIK, each state is supposed to have the championships on or around the same weekend, yes there was short notice with the forms coming out mid January, when in reality they should be out sometime Nov/Dec at the latest, but there aren't too many free weekends in the year to have two consecutive weekends, even as it was it still clashed with other events.

yes but state champs to me should be around mid year so people can plan there schedules better, and would give more centers better options, and there are generally less tournaments on because of the seasonal period, and people who bowl league together can go as a group to compete at a relatively cheaper option them a tournament, special for the general league bowler, and a better preperation for state teams, as there team work is kept fresher in there minds and general training is more consistant

Interesting how we had so many more entries last year, when the pattern was easy street. Do you think the pattern had THAT much to do with the down turn in entries this year Goeff? I was surprised to see so little entries this year, compared to last year.
Yeah, only four guys averaged more than 230. Definitely tougher than it should have been! (Slams forehead into desk repeatedly...) I think the conflicts are a bigger problem.

Then again, maybe there's legs to both stories. Two ditch-bashing, back-slapping, don't-move-your-feet, "look at my big score" events on the same weekend as a bona fide bowling tournament is always going to hurt the numbers.

More to the point though, obviously the guys who moved with the pattern did extremely well. Congratulations to Sam, who clearly dominated the pace, to Cow, who's always going to be tough at home on the short and to Michael and Glen, who are always a chance - period! Well bowled gentlemen. :)

Geoff, you used to live off the edge - what's your excuse? ;)

yes but state champs to me should be around mid year so people can plan there schedules better, and would give more centers better options, and there are generally less tournaments on because of the seasonal period, and people who bowl league together can go as a group to compete at a relatively cheaper option them a tournament, special for the general league bowler, and a better preperation for state teams, as there team work is kept fresher in there minds and general training is more consistant

Dave,

The middle of the year is packed with tournaments, if anything, early and late on the year is usually freer and would have less clashing.

You aren't going to win really whenever you hold them, always somebody who doesn't agree or can't attend.

Yeah, only four guys averaged more than 230. Definitely tougher than it should have been! (Slams forehead into desk repeatedly...) I think the conflicts are a bigger problem.

Then again, maybe there's legs to both stories. Two ditch-bashing, back-slapping, don't-move-your-feet, "look at my big score" events on the same weekend as a bona fide bowling tournament is always going to hurt the numbers.

More to the point though, obviously the guys who moved with the pattern did extremely well. Congratulations to Sam, who clearly dominated the pace, to Cow, who's always going to be tough at home on the short and to Michael and Glen, who are always a chance - period! Well bowled gentlemen. :)

I don't think this year was too easy with the pattern Jason lol (did you pick the tongue in cheek comment?). I can say it was fairly open, when I can bowl terrible and on one leg physically and still get away with so much, it was almost a nice departure from the grind of a regular WTBA patterned tournament.

It was a worst year for Senior and Women master, no women master, and Senior Master was bowled on burned condition. I am still waiting for NSW TBA reply for my enquiry of the legitimacy of 2013 Senior Master. It just like we bought a product which is not the same it was advertised, what we should do?

Jason

I don't "really" bowl anymore... I have some pretty serious injuries
If I don't stick on approaches or do something to hurt myself I cans till Bowl pretty well
I bowled a doubles with my wife and the approaches were sticky as and I hurt myself, End of Bowling for Me

I didnt have any trouble at all with the Pattern, Hit the pocket easy....

Cheetah Is not that hard, If you know how to play the game and the pattern you did okay

It showed up as the guys who Can play scored well

Dave,

The middle of the year is packed with tournaments, if anything, early and late on the year is usually freer and would have less clashing.

You aren't going to win really whenever you hold them, always somebody who doesn't agree or can't attend.

mick,

the only thing i can find for nsw is nsw open in june and then there is nothing advertise as yet in july and august, possible a sports series i haven't seen all of cows dates even still they are only 1 day.
and you have to remember, that the people we want to do state are your general league bowlers, tring something a little hard but against people of there own ave level, with our level of bowler being the showcase on masters sunday, so that we are showing what you can work to in this sport, with a little work, and some guidance and this will make the general league bowler want to budget so they can bowl, i know it is very hard to do so after xmas and new year

I don't think this year was too easy with the pattern Jason lol (did you pick the tongue in cheek comment?). I can say it was fairly open, when I can bowl terrible and on one leg physically and still get away with so much, it was almost a nice departure from the grind of a regular WTBA patterned tournament.
Sometimes the pattern matches up well to the house. Middle Road at Belconnen plays like Rockdale in the 80's. And that was pretty easy. :)

Michael, one day you're going to own up to "throwing it ok today..." I suspect you'll be about 700 ahead of second when that happens!

Cheers,
Jason

Congrats to Sam, and to all the players who qualified. Sam already is a super star in the world of bowling, keep up the good work.

Tournament play unfortunately is in decline, and i really have no answer as to what we can do to try and arrest it except to get entry forms out in time, host the event in a convienient location that has the potential to draw the largest field and dare i say make the lanes play a little easier if you want to increase participation. No one want to go away from an event averaging 170 when they average 200 plus on the house pattern they play on.

i know this will open up a can of worms but numbers are numbers and we need more people bowling even if the quality of the field is not so good. The better players will always rise to the top, and we can use the NTS and the State Training squad to expose players to the more challenging conditions we need them to be expierienced at.

James

I think States is better at the start of the year because it also means that the ones who won the state masters title have time to save for the trip to nationals and also arrange flights and accommodation

Good points James. Clashing dates are painful for numbers. I spent hours sorting out a date with the good folks of Bathurst for the Pit Stop. But it's not just up to the State Training Squads to organise some fair lane conditions from time to time.

Sam and Cow blew it away. I mean really, blew it away! Michael and Glen were 230+ and out of the race! It can't have been that hard people! The trouble is that the house shots are so pathetically easy now that anyone thinking of these super high scoring (cheating) conditions as "normal" is up for a rude shock when they actually have to hit a target, get a ball to roll and read it right to carry. It's like your school teacher told you: "When you cheat, you only cheat yourself."

But if you think that house shots are OK, you're not really thinking at all. The ubiquitous damnable, 10-board fools paradise, walled up house shot is the very worst kind of teacher. It gives you positive feedback on lousy shots. It lies to you about all sorts of things.

How do I fix it? Well...
Organise a group of like-minded players and approach your local manager with a deal to practice at a quiet time with a more honest pattern. (I suggest Middle Road or similar as a good start. OK, maybe Bourbon Street if your house is really stupid easy!) But get out, play around with it and learn as you go. Your local guy gets some business, you get some experience in a consequence-free environment.

Bowling happens on your side of the foul line, what lies on the other side can be manipulated (intentionally or otherwise) all sorts of ways, with all sorts of results. But if you work on your side of the foul line, with something more honest on the other side you WILL become a better bowler. For all our sakes, I hope we all can have and take the opportunity to become better bowlers, because cheating isn't working. In fact it's unravelling before our very eyes.

Sometimes the pattern matches up well to the house. Middle Road at Belconnen plays like Rockdale in the 80's. And that was pretty easy. :)

Michael, one day you're going to own up to "throwing it ok today..." I suspect you'll be about 700 ahead of second when that happens!

Cheers,
Jason

Jason, funnily enough I threw the ball really well in QLD, I don't think I have thrown it that well in well over 7-8 years and I scored well.

mick,

the only thing i can find for nsw is nsw open in june and then there is nothing advertise as yet in july and august, possible a sports series i haven't seen all of cows dates even still they are only 1 day.
and you have to remember, that the people we want to do state are your general league bowlers, tring something a little hard but against people of there own ave level, with our level of bowler being the showcase on masters sunday, so that we are showing what you can work to in this sport, with a little work, and some guidance and this will make the general league bowler want to budget so they can bowl, i know it is very hard to do so after xmas and new year

Dave,

There are many tournaments on in the middle of the year, May through to July, Mildura, Melbourne Cup, NSW Open not to mention some states have their Rachuig roll offs around this time, plus a couple of sports series and a couple of seniors events and the middle of the year is congested.

And the results speak for themselves! James McGinty and I were having a chuckle about it yesterday.

Nice work mate.
lol, I can't help it if I am realistic and I know when I do throw a good or bad ball, I used to bowl with better timing with urethanes way back when, reactives and synthetics let you get away with a lot including masking the flaws in your game, I just don't think I should carry every half pocket hit I throw lol.

lol, I can't help it if I am realistic and I know when I do throw a good or bad ball, I used to bowl with better timing with urethanes way back when, reactives and synthetics let you get away with a lot including masking the flaws in your game, I just don't think I should carry every half pocket hit I throw lol.

Woe is me.

Back
Top Bottom