2013 NSW OPEN MENS MASTERS

Geoff300

Hi Everyone

Please see the attached results for the Maters today

Attachments

• 2013 Open Masters Final.jpeg
    2013 Open Masters Final.jpeg
    313.4 KB · Views: 238
Interesting how we had so many more entries last year, when the pattern was easy street. Do you think the pattern had THAT much to do with the down turn in entries this year Goeff? I was surprised to see so little entries this year, compared to last year.

What's the prize money like in nsw for the state champs? I know in Qld it's not at all good, maybe the bowlers would prefer to spend their money on a tournament that pays rather than just the 'glory' associated with winning the state title? Not my opinion, just creating discussion....

Interesting how we had so many more entries last year, when the pattern was easy street. Do you think the pattern had THAT much to do with the down turn in entries this year Goeff? I was surprised to see so little entries this year, compared to last year.

I bowled in the restricted tournament and noticed across the board that many bowlers were bowling 20-30 pins a game below their average. Not many big series shot at all .I like many others put it down to the challenging pattern, the front end very hard and the backend hard to tame.

It wasn't just ladies entries that were down, in my opinion, all entries for this tournament were well down, compared to last year's tournament. Same time of year as last year, sam house, only difference was the pattern.

I under performed but will be asking the centre managers help at putting down patterns similar in preparation for next year

You w
I under performed but will be asking the centre managers help at putting down patterns similar in preparation for next year

You were bowling well a lot of the times I saw you James. Getting practice on these types of patterns is not always easy, but it's a great idea if you can get the patterns put down. I'm sure you would've learnt a lot about your game on the weekend though James. Keep it up mate, you can throw it as good as anyone!

Well said Gary!
Sam Cooley was a stand out in Youth and will be in Adult.
Proof that the new generation is coming through!
Congrats Sam, fantastic effort on such a pattern!

Hi Gary,

Pretty amazing numbers +150 odd over second, well done Sam. Great to read and watch the numbers, not so good to be on the receiving end of them.

Hard work put in, great rewards at the end. Well done Sam.

Sam is an amazing talent and if he wanted could take on the best in the world on tour.... Dream big and follow through if you want to Sam go and chase it!!

Maybe a bit but the real issues were that Holt ran their roll offs against our accredited event, ATBSO had an event against our event, Not knowing where the Nationals are being held as yet and we have now noted from looking at history that running the event at the same Centre 2 years in a row does not help
And the entry form was a bit late being put out.... We also had regional bowlers not attend because of a conflict in an event and many people indicated they could not afford to bowl as much as last year. We also had alot of injured bowlers not able to bowl...

Maybe a bit but the real issues were that Holt ran their roll offs against our accredited event, ATBSO had an event against our event, Not knowing where the Nationals are being held as yet and we have now noted from looking at history that running the event at the same Centre 2 years in a row does not help
And the entry form was a bit late being put out.... We also had regional bowlers not attend because of a conflict in an event and many people indicated they could not afford to bowl as much as last year. We also had alot of injured bowlers not able to bowl...

Wow, I didn't realise there was so much other stuff on at the same time! Interesting you say that historical data shows that running this event in the same center 2 years in a row is an issue. Wonder why that is?

Wow, I didn't realise there was so much other stuff on at the same time! Interesting you say that historical data shows that running this event in the same center 2 years in a row is an issue. Wonder why that is?

Who Knows, We are fickle people us bowlers lol

to me the entry form was to late in coming out, making it hard for people to get time off, there has never been any money in state masters, it has been popular over the last few years, because of the Australian masters pay out, know that's gone, masters no so interesting, and to me is the center and how it is structured, the center is probably the most humid center i have ever bowled, if you are not comfortable in the center you will be reluctant to bowl there.
the state champs need to be in sydney, as it gives most people outside sydney a 1-2 hrs travel time, not 3-4 to illawarra.

the centers best suited i think are;

rooty hill
tenpin city
blacktown

and have good accommodation around the area

just my thoughts

to me the entry form was to late in coming out, making it hard for people to get time off, there has never been any money in state masters, it has been popular over the last few years, because of the Australian masters pay out, know that's gone, masters no so interesting, and to me is the center and how it is structured, the center is probably the most humid center i have ever bowled, if you are not comfortable in the center you will be reluctant to bowl there.
the state champs need to be in sydney, as it gives most people outside sydney a 1-2 hrs travel time, not 3-4 to illawarra.

the centers best suited i think are;

rooty hill
tenpin city
blacktown

and have good accommodation around the area

just my thoughts

We can only go with the Centres that Tender
From memeory :-

Rooty Hil Had the Holt event on one week end
Tenpin City had a seniors event on one week end

Back
Top Bottom