2013 Nationals

Awwwww C'mon CHIN, dont u believe in fairytales, let us have our fun on our own "dung heap" for once, pretty sweet smelling one btw :)

johnnybg

I agree It should be shared around, but that alone shouldn't be a major consideration. A venues ability to host the event at the highest level along with other things such as bowlers accommodation and transport need to be considered. No point just sharing it to be seen to be fair. The hosting centre/ state must nail it on every aspect.

I'm sure EVERYBODY will just LOVE this! To help to even out the costs of competing in the Nationals ( that is - between locals and those having to fly in ), the fees - ( entry and game ) could be multipled by three for locals and divided by three for the travellers. Example: standard cost was to be, say, $30.00 per event entry- Locals pay $90.00 - Others pay $10.

There! I knew you'd love it !

If tenders closed 2 weeks ago there would be plenty to go through before announcing the location.

Hmmm, was in brisbane 19-20 Jan. was told had closed prior to that. still got 8 months i suppose. not urgent yet.

The start of march TBA will release the time table for this event. They have just post on they facebook page

I think it's pretty poor that the schedule and venue for this hasn't been confirmed considering that State Champs are this weekend and that's part of the qualifying process for Rachuig which we don't even know when it's on.

Just copied this from TBA site. Should be of interest to a few on this thread.

Adult Championship Numbers Highlight Tenpin’s Growth

The TBA Board is now assessing bids from several regional cities keen to host the 2013 Adult National Championships.
A three-week carnival of bowling that attracts players from every State and Territory, New Zealand and other overseas locations.
“The strength and growth in popularity of our sport here in Australia is clearly demonstrated by the record number of entries at TBA’s 2012 Adult National Championships,” commented Tenpin Bowling Australia CEO Cara Honeychurch in Melbourne today.
In the three consecutive years that the Championships were staged at Sydney’s Rooty Hill, entries expanded from a baseline of 2822 in 2010 to 3263 in 2012, while games bowled grew from 15,323 in 2010 to 16,622 last year.
Spectator numbers also grew exponentially, and hits to the TBA website spiked at record levels during October 2012. Page views increased from 266,285 in 2010 to 384,962 in 2012.
Integral to the appraisal is the AUSTRALIAN MASTERS which attracts some of the world’s top international bowlers. As part of the WTBA World Bowling Tour, and with a minimum prize purse of $100,000, the Australian Masters has emerged as the pinnacle event at the Adult Nationals with timing of the Masters also dependant on the scheduling of other WBT stops.
The Board has confirmed the traditional timing of October for this year’s Adult Nationals, with the specific Championship timetable to be announced at the beginning of March. Entry forms and full details will be published soon afterwards via the TBA website, and a personal invitation to participate emailed to all TBA members and affiliated associations.

I hear on the radio today Townsville Enterprise has put in a bid for the Nationals. They esimate it would generate $1.7mill in tourism dollars...interesting!

WA 16 years ago & SA 14 years ago, TAS 7 years ago, VIC 6 years ago, ACT 5 years ago, QLD 4 years ago, NSW last 3 years.

I can see some states hitting TBA to cover some expenses if the trend continues

Back
Top Bottom