2013 Nationals

I think it needs same glam and glitter about it anyway, hold it in a centre near the beach or tourist location and have it as a major draw card event like it should be... People from far and wide can come for the nationals AND a holiday!

I think it needs same glam and glitter about it anyway, hold it in a centre near the beach or tourist location and have it as a major draw card event like it should be... People from far and wide can come for the nationals AND a holiday!

I like the way u think

Interesting question. Do we actually know ANYTHING ? Wouldn't be the worst thing TBA has ever done, if it were to bring us up to date on what is happening, on it's website. Can't see any reason why not.

I personally don't think TBA have to keep everyone up to date, it's really none of our business where they are up to with expressions of interests. I work in a field where we are always issuing Expression of Interest forms for our events, we never tell people who have applied or the community that we have just say 100 applications or that we just need to speak to our Manager and then we can let everyone know the outcomes. Thats for our eyes only as its confidential.

I believe the same should apply for the nationals applications. It is for the TBA workers and boards eyes only and once they have come to a decision then they will announce the location. TBA have been very busy over the past few months with working out arrangements for the World Seniors, Asian Schools, Asian Seniors and Commonwealth Games teams and they are also closed for a few weeks over Christmas like a lot of business'

Yes I know people have to book in annual leave etc but surely you can just tell your boss some rough dates because we all know its going to be in October.

it is on the tba site. if you go to tenpin events page there is a mention about the tender document for 2013 nationals. Tenders close on 18th Jan so I suppose it will be announced not long after that.

I personally don't think TBA have to keep everyone up to date, it's really none of our business where they are up to with expressions of interests. I work in a field where we are always issuing Expression of Interest forms for our events, we never tell people who have applied or the community that we have just say 100 applications or that we just need to speak to our Manager and then we can let everyone know the outcomes. Thats for our eyes only as its confidential.

I believe the same should apply for the nationals applications. It is for the TBA workers and boards eyes only and once they have come to a decision then they will announce the location. TBA have been very busy over the past few months with working out arrangements for the World Seniors, Asian Schools, Asian Seniors and Commonwealth Games teams and they are also closed for a few weeks over Christmas like a lot of business'

Yes I know people have to book in annual leave etc but surely you can just tell your boss some rough dates because we all know its going to be in October.
No, you misunderstand me. Simple information like-Is it at Rooty Hill again ? - Answer yes / no. Has TBA asked for expressions of Interest? Answer yes / no. When do expressions of interest close ? - When is decision likely to be made ?

Really - that's the sort of information that most people would be happy with.

I'm afraid I'm just not in agreement with your statement "I personally don't think TBA have to keep everyone up to date, it's really none of our business "

We're running the Nationals for the benifit of the organisation - not the members / competitors ?? EH ?

it is on the tba site. if you go to tenpin events page there is a mention about the tender document for 2013 nationals. Tenders close on 18th Jan so I suppose it will be announced not long after that.
Thanks for that - I looked but didn't find it.
Wish it was as easy to navigate TBA site as this one !

No, you misunderstand me. Simple information like-Is it at Rooty Hill again ? - Answer yes / no. Has TBA asked for expressions of Interest? Answer yes / no. When do expressions of interest close ? - When is decision likely to be made ?

Really - that's the sort of information that most people would be happy with.

I'm afraid I'm just not in agreement with your statement "I personally don't think TBA have to keep everyone up to date, it's really none of our business "

We're running the Nationals for the benifit of the organisation - not the members / competitors ?? EH ?

My apologies.

Yes the tournament is for us but I just don't think they need to keep us up to date with every step they take in deciding the location for Nationals. Once it has gone to the board and they have made their decision then they will do a media release and that is when we will find out.
Correct me if I am wrong but I dont think the ABF or the WTBA keep everyone up to date all the time, they make all their decisions behind closed doors and then tell everyone at the end of the process.

I guess we all just need to be patient and wait till the start of February to find out where it will be held.

I wouldnt be surprised if it is in Perth, beautiful city and doesnt really get much tournament exposure.

Here is the post on TBA

18 December 2012

Press Release for Immediate Distribution:

To: All Bowling Centre Proprietors and State/Territory Bodies

Subject: 2013 Adult National Championship Tender

Please be advised that TBA have available for issue the tender documents for the 2013 Adult National Championship.

The Tender document is available in electronic format and anyone interested in submitting a Tender should request the document from the TBA Tournament Director John Coxon, phone 0417 879 368 or email [email protected].

Tenders close Friday January 18th 2013

Sincerely

Cara Honeychurch

CEO

Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited

Interesting situation

Move it and risk less entries maybe. Leave it and get interstate bowlers offside.

Will be keen to see where it ends up.

AMF have only pulled the funding from the masters event and has redirected it to grass roots development in their centres. This was sent out in an email to state associations a few weeks ago. That certainly doesnt mean that AMF wont host the nationals.

AMF have only pulled the funding from the masters event and has redirected it to grass roots development in their centres. This was sent out in an email to state associations a few weeks ago. That certainly doesnt mean that AMF wont host the nationals.

Thats a pretty good idea because we do lack in development of our junior bowlers

I have been to nationals in other sports and we new where they were the next year. Is it possible for the TBA to make the next cut off date for the 2014 nationals one month before this years. They say who won the nomination ( with dates) straight after the masters. That gives everyone early notification. 12 months prep. for the nats is better than 6mths.

My understanding is that AMF have pulled out of the $100k sponsorship deal for 2013

They had the first option to host the Nationals IF they went with the $100k sponsorship
which also gave them the option to nominate any AMF Centre they wanted to host the event.

AMF announced in Dec 2012 they would not host at Rooty Hill or sponsor in 2013

TBA have now sent the event out to Tender , which is standard procedure.
When the Tenders come back the board will meet and decide on a venue
and announce to everyone in the appropriate manner

Once again a major company stuffing everyone around. Did Sunny Bill Williams right their contract for them.

Once again a major company stuffing everyone around. Did Sunny Bill Williams right their contract for them.

That's a bit of an outlandish statement. AMF have put in over $300k over the last 3 years to our nationals. Not many companies in Australia would make that kind of commitment to bowling....................unless you know something the rest of us don't??????

All good and said, but now do we lose our international status because the prize money is not there anymore, so what internationals will travel so close to the WSOB. With that do we lose our spot on the WBT and a PBA title for which an Aussie has a chance at. To make up the windfall do the qualifying fees go up or is there a new sponsor willing to put up the money. They are the main questions we all have to ask.

The masters is still scheduled in for the WBT this year, but i have heard that a minimum prizefund is required to keep that status. In saying that, looking at the other WBT stops last year, the only events that had a bigger prizefund than our were the majors on the PBA Tour.

The TBA aren't stupid either, they won't put up the fees again (they went up last year from 2011), they simply couldn't justify it. Look at the scheduling of the WSOB from last year to 2011............in 2011, there was a 2 and a bit week gap from our masters (i think), this gave all of the internationals who came out the chance to go back home, prepare, drill new gear, and then head to the World Series. That year, Rachuig and the Masters were held in the second week of nationals, not the 3rd like it usually is and was last year. When our event is held in the last week of the nationals, it gives players doing the WSOB a mere 6 day turnaround to get home or fly straight to vegas. This i think is why there weren't many internationals at the Masters in 2012.

Whatever the decision is, it will be thought through long and hard im sure, but at the end of the day, unless TBA AND it's members all band together to help find a replacement sponsor, we simply will not have the drawing power we had a few years ago.

Every bowler knows someone who is willing to donate maybe $1000 to an event (hell, im speaking with over 2 dozen potential sponsors here in WA), and if we get TBA to back the members willing to help find these sponsors, we might have a fighting chance to get the sponsorship money we need.

Bottom line is, sponsorship money WILL NOT just present itself, its up to all of us to help out if we wish to keep our PREMIER singles event on the WORLD stage!

Wouldnt it be nice if the Nationals were held in Perth this year, the last time they were here, it was 1997 at Cannington, so it doesn't take a mathmatician to work out its been a while, you might have to be one to work out how much we spend to go east every year though.
So hopefully a little bit of fairplay comes into TBA's reasoning when the announcement comes.

As Tintam said earlier, we have great beaches(think Scarborough, Cottesloe, Hillarys, or if your into the bare nakedness of beach life, then Swanbourne would be ideal ;)), lots of accommodation, and a centre that any state would be proud of in Joondalup.

just my 2cents worth

johnnybg

Back
Top Bottom