2013 Nationals

I think AMF & TBA are still making their decision to where it will be next year. Hopefully an announcement will be made in the next month or 2.

I was told last week that AMF have the same deal as previous years...If they putting up the 100k they can name the centre. If not tenders go out early December and will be announced in February.

Robina....been told no car parking, no accommodation close. V8 race close same time.

i bowl at robina and there is plenty of parking, just not right outside the door that's all.

remember this is the gold coast and there are millions of hotels and loads of accommodation.

the only issue is if the v8 races are on at the same time. if not then it might be good but i think the centre itself is probably a year or 2 off being capable of hosting such an event. the staff are not quite there in terms of coping with such an event as most are new or do not bowl. that is no criticism of them just obvious at present. there are 24 lanes and a decent concourse area so space is not an issue.

just not quite ready to host there but certainly ready in couple of years i reckon.

jase

Wasn't there talk in recent years of Robina soon?
Plenty of accommodation on the GC and very easy to get around to and from centre

I know Ryan but thought they kept these events in their 'marquee' centres... Narrows the field substantially!

How do you enter into comps like these?

The Centre will be announced in the next few months, as well as the dates. From there, you can plan your trip. Keep your eye on the TBA website.

As far as participating in the Nationals go, there should be an entry form around August(?). There are plenty of squads, so you won't have any problems finding a time that suits you.

Robina doesnt have the parking availability for team buses etc last i was there, and someone told me it was paid parking now as well? not sure how true that is. Id love to think Joondalup would get it (finally a year of adult nationals where i dont have to travel!!!) but i dont think the expected entries would be received, it just costs too much to come over here :(

Robina doesnt have the parking availability for team buses etc last i was there, and someone told me it was paid parking now as well? not sure how true that is. Id love to think Joondalup would get it (finally a year of adult nationals where i dont have to travel!!!) but i dont think the expected entries would be received, it just costs too much to come over here :(

Hey mate there is no such thing as paid parking at Robina and yes there would be heaps of room for team buses..
There even be room for a drop off point for bowlers and gear to save ppl from moving there gear too much..

Robina will be a great place for a great tournament of any kind..

Hi Matt.

Definately no paid parking here. And Doug is right. There is a mile of extra space for buses to park that can be opened up by centre management and become available.

As i stated in my earlier post, the facilities and accomodation are 2nd to none but there are other factors that at present, i feel do not make our centre 100% ready. But i guarantee you, it could be capable and soon enough, in good time, we will show how and why :)

Jase

Jase

The factors you are talking about can be easy fixed and in saying that I have had a talk about those things today.

Back
Top Bottom