2012 Orange Audi Open Entry Form

i think the position round is stupid, it ruins the tradition of the tournaments history, for the last 10 years plus i have bowled in this tournament, the top 8/10 have been decided in the last 2 to 3 games creating great suspense for everyone, if you only have around 20 pins between the top 4 it will come down to frame to frame bowling, which this sport is missing in this country right know.

just a shame we couldn't keep a traditional tournament the same

It just 1 extra game of the final round Dave. There are no bonus pins on offer, it just puts the top guys on pinfall around each other. Think of it as a 7 game final rather than 6. I don't think of it as a change of format as such, as its just 1 game. I believe it was done to help create a spectacle for the sponsors at the end of the event. We should support it as sponsors are proving very hard to find.

C'mon Dave, you're an ex-Orange house mouse. Think it through!

When Aldo presented the idea to me, I baulked, then considered it for a few minutes. A positional round will concentrate the top of the field in one part of the centre, funnily enough, the higher scoring end. This will concentrate the crowd, which should be larger owing to having a full house to watch (a crowd attracts a crowd), around this top end and there should be plenty to cheer about. Through two simple changes, the tournament gains a boost in crowd momentum. Should be a great day. And if the sponsors are coming, well why not put on a show for the 25th Open event in Orange? After all, everyone's welcome!

I am sorry Jason, but i know for a fact that if you dont get out of orange by no later then 4 you are up the creek when it comes to sydney traffic, the postion is pointless, and dishearting to those who lose, as they have bowled hard to get where they are and to lose a spot over 1 game head to head is just pointless,

this tournament as lasted 25 years for 3 reason the people and the center that run it, and that format hasnt changed and is fair for all, and gives people a second shot of improving on the sunday, and bowlers love a center's consistancy,why change something that has worked for 25 years, as the old saying goes " if it aint broke, leave it alone "

the extra game isnt going to change the crowd level at the end by a great deal, because of the traffic into sydney, and the length of drive that people have,they are still going to leave as early as they can.

Jason, i am not a fan of it,but that is what aldo wants fine lets bowl see how it goes.

David, The entry form estimates a 1:30 presentation time. Even if Aldo hands me the mike again, I promise not to speak for anything like two and a half hours. (It'll just seem that long...) :)

BTW, I remember when this tournament had four squads, cut straight to 16 on Sunday, then went 15 games of match play and may even have had a step ladder final. It's stayed alive for 25 years because of tireless promotion from Aldo and Marisa, god bless 'em, not because they ran the same format.

Hey Chris, Get on the phone with card in hand or ask for banking details, I'd say. +61 2 6362 5466

David, The entry form estimates a 1:30 presentation time. Even if Aldo hands me the mike again, I promise not to speak for anything like two and a half hours. (It'll just seem that long...) :)

BTW, I remember when this tournament had four squads, cut straight to 16 on Sunday, then went 15 games of match play and may even have had a step ladder final. It's stayed alive for 25 years because of tireless promotion from Aldo and Marisa, god bless 'em, not because they ran the same format.

Hey Chris, Get on the phone with card in hand or ask for banking details, I'd say. +61 2 6362 5466

1.30 good luck with that when has it ever run on time, the average finish time over last few years has been around 2pm, then the presentation.

i never questioned Aldo and Marisa's commitment to the there event, i wish more tournaments could be this well loved by there operators. this format has been going for at least since 98 when i first bowled, and i am big believer if has worked for over 10 years why change a good thing, i just dont like positional round, now if it was a step ladder setup that's different i like step ladder as it gives a bowler more chance to increase your placing, and gives the suspense of who gets into the stepladder then to see how far a person can get.

So Jason, please dont take any of this the wrong way, i am just expressing my opinion, on the changes made for this year

So you're still out well before your stated deadline - no problem!

I love stepladder finals for exactly the same reasons, but these days a lot of folks will take the opportunity to head home. We've all seen it. Two lanes playing with 12 people cheering 5 people bowling in a pretty empty bowling centre. It's just sad. If the sponsors are coming along, the logic behind the positional round becomes obvious. Crowds make events exciting and a full house will retain a bigger crowd, as it's a bigger event going on. I think Aldo's made an unconventional, but very shrewd move with this, especially if he wants to approach Audi Centre Orange for more money for us to play for in future events. It's to the bowling community's benefit ultimately.

Jason,

i not say there is any thing wrong with it i am just voicing my opinion about it, we will all see what happens to the time frame in acouple weeks.

if it makes a difference well great for all involved

Hi guys, Here is the latest squad listing.

Squad 1. 9:15 check-in.

1 Jason Brown
2 Ron Forbes
3 John McGrath
4 Darryl Buttriss
5 Robbie Alston

6 Andrew Gallagher
7 Andrew Don Patterson
8 Samantha Edwards
9 Neil Buttriss
10 Ken McLachlan
11 Michael McLaren
12 Glen Loader
13 Jessica Ryan
14 Karen James

15 Joel Wiseman
16 Scott Auliff
17 Jarrod Lean
18 Jason Belmonte
19 Ron Bickerstaff
20 Steve Lovell
21 Luke Cooper
22 Ross Southwell
23 Aaron Osborne
24 John Velo
25 Rowan Chapman
26 Darren Bianchi
27 Terry Silva
28 Michael Little
29 George Frillingos
30 Scott Lutschini
31 Beau Patterson
32 Phill Harris
Reserves
1 Andrew Lloyd
2 Steve Lenton

3 Scott Robertson
4 Craig Bourke
5 Shaun Cummings

Squad 2 - 1:30pm Check-In

1 Alan Shepard
2 Tony Murray
3 Jason Doust

4 Phillip Cooper
5 Ross Brown
6 David Hurst
7 Lyndsay Packer
8 Donald Walton
9 George Petris

10 Stephen Cowland
11 Nathan Crooks
12 Sam Cooley

13 Mitchell Cosgriff
14 Jp Li
15 Bob Whybrow
16 Adrian Booy
17 Sam Romeo
18 Chris Thomas
19 Nathan Jenner
20 Simon Millman

21 Cameron Phillips
22 Neil Mills
23 Leanne Robertson
24 Paul Trotter
25 Lexi Nicol
26 Chris Harvey
27 Troy Turner
28 Dale Fitzgerald
29 Jeremy Hill
30 Rick Aitchison
31 Glen Dwyer
32 David Rosser

Reserves
1 Scott Lutschini

2 Rowan Chapman
3 Craig Bourke

Those names that are in bold have either paid a deposit or paid in full. Remember that the 10th April deadline is approaching fast so get in and pay your deposits or those reserves that have paid deposits will take your place and you'll be moved to the reserve list.

Deposits can be made by sending a Cheque or calling the bowl on 02 6362 5466.

Tournament Committee

I paid my deposit last week by ringing the bowl. Don't see my name in bold though. Can this be rectified.

Hi krusty, firstly what is your name and what squad are you in. All squads are full at this stage but I will see what I can do no promise though.

Regards Aldo

Please check out the attached invitation - we would be honored if you came and joined us to celebrate our 25th Anniversary of Open Events, we will be celebrating with a presentation of a gift to all previous winners present on the night.
We are planning a night of fun memories, and would love as many people as possible to share the night making this a fun catch up night with
past and present bowlers, sharing our love of this great sport of ours.
We both, Aldo and Marisa look forward to having you attend.

View attachment Email Orange Open Invitation.pdf

Im currently first reserve in B squad, if you were wanting to go to A squad krusty we could change positions. I am hoping for a position in B so i will be able to do a days work on friday.

Scott Lutschini

Is anyone Driving up on Saturday morning that has a spare seat in there car?

i need a ride up and would be really grateful, I won't have gear with me (it's going up there the night before) so it would be just me.

Am happy to kick in for fuel as well.

Aldo

Apologies in advance for any hassles this may cause but I have to withdraw my entry from A Squad for the Tournament this year due to an untimely change of roster for me at work.

Due to a senior staff member finishing up on the 19th April and the replacement starting on this Wednesday, in order to accommodate the replacements training I have been moved back to night shift for next week after I intitially swapped to mornings to bowl in the event. I can't swap back as I haven't been here long enought to provide adequate training to the new staff member on the morning shift. On night shift we work over night Friday night until 10am Saturday mornings so that means that I definately can't make it to bowl this year. I only found out tonight after coming in to work as we had Friday night off due to good Friday and that was when the roster was changed.

I am bitterly dissapointed as this post was originally planned to accept the invitation to the dinner but I need to work first in order to be able to bowl so I have to cop it this year but will ensure I can bowl next year by booking in leave as soon as you release the tournament dates in 2013. Again sorry I have to miss but my misfortune I guess is by the look of it Andrew Lloyds good fortune. You will have one definite interested viewer online over that weekend eagerly checking the results.

Now on another note Aldo as there are reserves for A with paid deposits I was wondering how I can go about getting the $100.00 deposit I have paid back. I paid by mastercard so if you can put it back on my card that would be great otherwise PM me or email me ([email protected]) what details you require.

Hope the tournament reaches the heights the entries and interest suggest it deserves and that the dinner is a great success and hope to see you at next years event.

Back
Top Bottom